Best Dressed Mother of Bride/Groom?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cinquefoil

Commoner
City
palos hills
Country
United States
So, tell me who do you think was the best dressed Royal Mother of the Bride/Groom?

IMO, and in random order, I think that Queen Sofia of Spain looked her best when CP Felipe married. She looked "okay" when her girls got married, but I thought she really hit the spot with the gown she wore when her son married.

What are your thoughts?:whistling:

Queen Silvia at the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria. She was regal, elegant and sophisticated. That woman is a great role model for all the Mother of Bride/Groom.

Queen Margethe II when Crown Prince Frederick got married. She looked great.

Queen Silvia at Victoria's wedding,Queen Margethe at the wedding of the Crown Prince, and both marriages of his brother.
The Queen at Edward's wedding.

Last edited:
Yes, Kate's mother was a beauty as well as CP Letizia's mother when she married as well.
As for Queen Silvia, I had never before paid much attention, but I saw a full view of the gown she wore for CP Victoria's wedding, and it was dazzling.

I always love the cut/style of the gowns that Queen Margethe wears. Sometimes though, I believe that the patterns and/or colors may be a bit too much, but she certainly wears that style of dress regally.

I always love the cut/style of the gowns that Queen Margethe wears. Sometimes though, I believe that the patterns and/or colors may be a bit too much, but she certainly wears that style of dress regally.
Yes, I agree that it is not what she wears, but how she wears it.
I must say I love her in bright colors, although I dislike that lime green ballgown she always wears... And she could pick less distracting patterns, but overall I love her style.

Yes, I agree that it is not what she wears, but how she wears it.
I must say I love her in bright colors, although I dislike that lime green ballgown she always wears... And she could pick less distracting patterns, but overall I love her style.
Ahh, yes that lime green ballgown...:p

So, tell me who do you think was the best dressed Royal Mother of the Bride/Groom?

IMO, and in random order, I think that Queen Sofia of Spain looked her best when CP Felipe married. She looked "okay" when her girls got married, but I thought she really hit the spot with the gown she wore when her son married.

What are your thoughts?:whistling:

I agree, Queen Sofía looked amazing at her son's wedding! Princess Letizia's mother also looked great at their wedding and Carole Middleton looked very, very good at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge wedding :flowers:

Indeed Carole Middleton & CP Letizia's mother. Very stylish.

Sarah Fergunson' mother Susan Barrantes. The bright yellow was a marvelous change from the usual coral choices.

Sarah Fergunson' mother Susan Barrantes. The bright yellow was a marvelous change from the usual coral choices.

Wow, I had never seen a pic of her before. Very nice she looked indeed, and not dated, overdone or tacky.:flowers:

Queen Silvia for gown event then Carole for daywear event.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia belongs at the top of my list! Oh, I love that color!

Queen Silvia belongs at the top of my list! Oh, I love that color!

One of my favorite dressed royal mother of bride/groom too :flowers:
Color and shape of dress, suits to her very well :)

Last edited:
I didn't watch Princess Mathilde's wedding but I thought her mother looked lovely.

thank you for a link LadyS
Princess Mathilde´s mother looks realy lovely and pretty, and I like dress of Princess Letizia´s mother too

The Queen of Norway at the wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit.

I also love Sonja at Martha's wedding.

Queen Silvia at Victoria's wedding! She also looked beautiful at the pre-wedding event.

Back
Top Bottom