Best Dressed Guest at the Swedish Royal Wedding (2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Dressed Guest?

• A. Queen Silvia of Sweden

Votes: 47 15.5%
  • B. Queen Sofia of Spain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • C. Queen Margrethe of Denmark

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • D. Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • E. Queen Sonja of Norway

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • F. Queen Rania of Jordan

• G. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • H. Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • I. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 42 13.8%
  • J. Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • K. Miss Charlene Wittstock

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • L. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Votes: 38 12.5%
  • M. Letizia, Princess of Asturias

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • N. Princess Máxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • O. Crown Princess Mathilde, Duchess of Brabant

Votes: 24 7.9%
  • P. Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Q. Princess Rym of Jordan

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • R. Infanta Elena of Spain

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • S. Infanta Cristina of Spain, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • T. Other

• Total voters
Aside from the Bride, who was the absolute best dress and totally stunning...among the guest my picks are

Among the princesses
1. CP MM
2. CP Mathida
3. CP Mary
4. Pss Claire
5. Infanta Cristina

Among the queens
1. Queen Silvia - stole the show as mother of the bride, I don't think there's anyone else out there that can beat her in this aspect
2. Queen Sofia - as always elegant

The worst
1. Pss Mable - one word...MADNESS
2. Infanta Elena - what happened to her once stylish sense of fashion? her dress was like a national costum gone wrong in the oven!
3. CP Letiza - boring and the colour totally did not suit her. Plus she should wipe off the tense and bored look from her face
4. GD MT - she really needs to lose some weight!

Yes, I was wondering if they could see anything, those that sat behind her!! Beautiful tiara, but it is tall!!

I thought she was among the well dressed there as well. I loved her tiara and it was rather large, but it's a royal thing, ya know?:lol:

I thought she was among the well dressed there as well. I loved her tiara and it was rather large, but it's a royal thing, ya know?:lol:

I loved her tiara, it looked so majestic :)

did no one have informations about it?

I voted for the soon-to-be Princesse de Monaco, Charlene Wittstock. I think she put all the Royal ladies to shame!

I did like Claire of Belgium's gown as well.

I am beginning to be disturbed by Rania of Jordan's appearance..I used to think she was the most beautiful current Royal female..but no longer. Her skeletal frame has made her look old, and she sometimes wears too much makeup.

I was very disappointed in her appearance for the wedding. :ohmy:

I voted for the soon-to-be Princesse de Monaco, Charlene Wittstock. I think she put all the Royal ladies to shame!

Really?
I thought Charlene was the one that was put to shame.

Charlene looked stunning both days. I love Queen Beatrix, but her gown for the wedding looked like it came out of the Bozo the Clown dress box. Leiticia's gown for the wedding was fine, except for the color, which drained what little color she had. She looks like the human version of a stick figure, unfortunately. Silvia, Madeleine, Mette-Marit, Sonja, Sophia, Christina, Mathilde Mary and Margarethe, all looked lovely. Elean looked like she was trying out for a bull fight and Maria-Theresa plunked that huge tiara on her awful hairdo. Sophie's gown for the wedding was fine, but her hair is always unkempt. Rania looked like someone woke her 15 minutes before and she grabbed whatever was handy and pinned up her dirty hair. Claire looked fine and Mabel was comical. I love Laurentian, but some times I hate her clothes. Charlene looked elegant, no one put here to shame.

Charlene didn't give us suprises, I mean good ones, both dresses look like the same, and she kept the same gama of colors and almost the same hair do. I didn't like her at all

With only a few exceptions, many of the Royal women looked as if they were channeling Lady Gaga...or headed to a costume party.

I was NOT impressed. :ermm:

I loved Queen Silvia, Princess Madeleiene and Princess Märha Louise

Sophie of Wessex looked perfect for the occasion, not over or underdressed. She dressed appropriately for her age and doesn't seem to feel like she has wear something a woman in her 20s would wear.

^ Great point! Sophie has always been like this, unlike others. ;)

I gave to say, I liked GD Maria-Theresia's dress, but the I only got the hang of it after seeing her picture couple of times. That tiara she is wearing steals all the attention form the dress.

• Queen Silvia of Sweden: This is how you say "I may be the mother of the bride, but I am still the queen". Royal, regal, gorgeous! And did you see the size of those jewels?!:ohmy::wub:
  • Queen Sofia of Spain: the silhouette, draping and lace really flatter her. I even kind of like the color. The Mellerio shell tiara seems to be one of her favorite but I wish she had worn a bigger tiara than her daughter! The other queens all pulled out some of their bigger sparklers.
  • Queen Margrethe of Denmark: It takes a special woman to wear such a unique, saturated color and Margrethe is it. One of her best Gala looks.
  • Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands: Am I one of the only people who actually likes this? The sparkly fabric is pretty, the hem detail is nice, and the puffy neckline balances her hair. The ruby parure tiara also balances her hair.
  • Queen Sonja of Norway: I've always liked this dress. The coral color looks great on her and the pleated fabric is so unique. The emerald tiara is probably her grandest and prettiest so I'm not sorry she wore them. At least it wasn't the modern wonder woman monstrosity.
  • Queen Rania of Jordan: messy messy. Why is the queen who is reliably glamourous looking so ugh?
  • Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg: Something about this dress is making her look larger than she is. It should work and I can't figure out what doesn't. Maybe it's the shrug. She's worn that tiara much better but in the live feed it sparkled beautifully. I wonder how much it weighs!
  • Princess Madeleine of Sweden: Gorgeous. Great color, great fit, great silhouette, just perfect. I wonder if she coordinated the dress with the color of the sash (she wore) for the order of the Seraphim because it goes so well. I do wish she hadn't worn the Connaught tiara so tight (in a tight circlet). I've seen Queen Silvia wear it more loosely and it was really pretty.
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway: Her best look in ages. Gorg
  • Sophie, Countess of Wessex: blah color, good neckline, the silver detail didn't sparkle like I was hoping it would.
  • Ms. Charlene Wittstock (guest of Prince Albert of Monaco): Didn't she this the night before? Dull and too similar.
  • Crown Princess Mary of Denmark: Neckline- weird. Asymmetry without reason. It looked like an inexperienced sewer made a goof.
  • Letizia, Princess of Asturias: Letizia is naturally thin but this made her look frail. The color was bad on her skin. Jewel tones are your friends, Letizia. Don't go to a gala without them!
  • Princess Máxima of the Netherlands: take one crinoline from the bottom on the skirt and I will probably like it.
  • Crown Princess Mathilde, the Duchess of Brabant: Again, one of her better looks. She always looks phenomenal in soft rose tones. Flatters her body too.
  • Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway: She should wear the amethyst tiara more! Not loving the wrinkled-tissue-paper effect on her chest.
  • Princess Rym of Jordan: good color but not body flattering.
  • Infanta Elena of Spain: This outfit says "I'm a princess of Spain, people". I like it.
  • Infanta Cristina of Spain, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca: not loving it, not the most flattering?
  • Other: Princess Claire looked amazing in her red dress.

,Now that I have had time to view all the still photos in Point de Vue and Paris Match I have changed my opinion..Princesses Mette-Marit, Mary Mathilde, Tatiana Blatnik and Letizia all looked stunning, in addition to Princess Claire and Charlene W.!

My personal favourite is Princess Madeleine's dress because of it's lovely colour - it really stands out!

I loved Crown Princess Mette-Marit's dress. Great colour!
I also liked GDss Maria Teresa's dress, but her tiara was a bit too much...

In the hello magazine poll published in todays magazine - Rania came out the most stylish followed by Mary, Madeleine, Letizia and then Charlene

LOVES:
1. Charlene Wittstock
2. Princess Madeleine of Sweden
3. Queen Sonja of Norway
4. Queen Rania of Jordan
5. Infanta Cristina of Spain, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca
Unsure:
1. Sophie, Countess of Wessex
2. Queen Silvia of Sweden
3. Queen Margrethe of Denmark
4. Queen Sonja of Norway
5. Queen Rania of Jordan
6. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
7. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
8. Crown Princess Mathilde, the Duchess of Brabant
9. Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway

Dislikes:
1. Queen Sofia of Spain
2. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
3. Letizia, Princess of Asturias
4. Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
5. Princess Rym of Jordan
6. Infanta Elena of Spain

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg: Link doesn’t work, fyi…
on the poll....my vote went to Charlene.:flowers:

queen silvia first second mette-marit
i voted for madeleine.

keep on voting

Best:
1. Princess Letizia
2. Tatiana Blatnik
3. Queen Silvia
4. Crown prinsess Mette Marit
5. Queen Sofia

Disappointmens:
1. Princess Elena
2. Crown princess Mary
3. Princess Madeleine

Catastrophe:
Princess Mabel

1.Tatiana

2.Queen Silvia

3.Queen Sofia

4.Mette Marit

From the older generation:
1. Queen Silvia
2. Queen Margrethe
3. Queen Sofia

From the younger generation:
1. Princess Letizia
2. Tatiana (Shouldn't her shoulders be covered for a religious wedding?)
3. Princess Maxima

Princess Martha Louise

Princess Mette Marit

Princess Madeline

Queen Silvia

& princess victoria too :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom