Best Dressed Guest at Crown Princess Victoria's Pre-Wedding Dinner and Concert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Dressed Guest?

• A. Queen Silvia of Sweden

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • B. Queen Margrethe of Denmark

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • C. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • D. Queen Sonja of Norway

• E. Queen Anne-Marie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg

• G. Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • H. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • I. Sophie, Countess of Wessex

• J. Ms. Charlene Wittstock

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • K. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • L. Letizia, Princess of Asturias

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • M. Princess Máxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • N. Crown Princess Mathilde, the Duchess of Brabant

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • O. Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway

• P. Rosario Nadal

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Q. Infanta Elena of Spain

• R. Infanta Cristina of Spain, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca

• S. Ms. Tatiana Blatnik

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • T. Other

• Total voters
My choice is Letizia and Maxima, they both looked very elegant.

In order, my Top 5:

1. Princess Madeleine
2. Crown Princess Mary
3. Crown Princess Mette-Marit
4. Princess Martha-Louise
5. Princess Letizia

Here are my choises:
1. Princess Letizia of Spain
2. Princess Mary of Denmark
3. Princess Madeleine of Sweden
4. Rosario Nadal
5. Princess Maxima

Princess Victoria was also stunning in her Elie Saab dress.

My choises :
Princess Mette-Marit (stunning)
Princess Letizia (second because of the shoes)
Princess Maxima (very elegant)
Infanta Elena (boldness and attitude)
Princess Mary
But the breathtaking bride-to-be was the best :flowers:

My fashion critique:

• Q. Silvia: very nice, would even better if the color was a little more saturated.
  • Margrethe: The bow is way too big. Remove the bow and it'd be a great look for her.
  • Beatrix: Prefered her wedding look. I think it's the combination of the lace and the printed skirt.
  • Sonja: Like the lace and the chiffon-type skirt but not feeling the yellow or the choker.
  • Anne-Marie: The flower at the waist makes her look a little... it's not flattering.
  • Maria Teresa: also doesn't show her figure- A waistband (maybe empire?) added to the dress would flatter her curves. Love the topazes with the black, though!
  • Madeleine- lovely, love the tiara as a necklace, but the fabric reminds me of the sequined tulle my childhood ballet tutus used to be made of (ok, that's a little harsh)
  • MM: She looks great. It fits, light pink is one of her best colors, and she's even standing up straight!
  • Sophie: lovely, if not for the furry silver shoulder pads. Also, a little more color in the makeup wouldn't hurt.
  • Charlene: lovely, the pearls go with the purse which goes with the shoes which go with the dress... I'm not usually a fan of the shawls but this works.
  • Mary: love the dress, the fabric, the jewelry. I don't like beige dresses but at least Mary chose a beige that does not look bad on her skin tone (cough, Letizia, cough)
  • Letizia: She really pulls out the stops at weddings, doesn't she? I really like the dress, if the slit wasn't there I'd love the dress.
  • Máxima: She looks good but a few tweaks would make it better. Remove the rosette, it's not good for anything, then connect the sleeves to the dress and remove the illusion netting. The cabbage-rose fabric pattern is a little curtain-y but for some reason I'm almost liking it :ermm:
  • Mathilde: I can't figure out why I don't like this look. I know that I don't like the wide black belt but I think something else is off too.
  • Märtha Louise: looks great, the color and the neckline are fab on her. Not sure about the hair.
  • Rosario: She's really slim. Not bad, classic. Would have liked to see a bit more jewelry.
  • Elena: This outfit says "I'm a Spanish Princess, people!"
  • Cristina: yawn.
  • Tatiana: love the color, don't like the droopy shawl covering the top of the dress.

My choice was Madeline of Sweden. I love it was so simple and elegant, very classical type of dress and I think it just looked wonderful on pretty princess Madeline.:flowers:
But I also liked Beatrix dress material pattern: black flowers on white and black lace on top.
Sonja of Norway dress had nice skirt color, and overall looked very feminine.
Martha Louise’s dress was cute and feminine too, but too pale IMO.
Elena of Spain dress was glam; I love this color and style. The dress seemed so Spanish. This drees was my second choice after Madeline.:)

maxima and rosario are my absolute favourites.
i quite like cristina's black dress. the rest, i found them all quite boring.

My choises:

Princess Madeleine
Princess Märtha Louise
Queen Sonja
Crown Princess Mary

My first choice is CP Mary but a very close second is Queen Sonja.....if I look that hot when I am her age I will be more than happy. :blush:

Crown Princess Mary.
Tatiana was my second.

1. Crown Princess Mary
2. Rosario Nadal
3. Queen Sylvia

Initial reaction was Madeleine. Looked every inch the princess and loved the way she wore the Rose Brooch in her hair.

But I had to vote for Letizia. Too skinny, but man can that lady wear red!

:sad: Unfortunately my favorite (who was also a GUEST even though it was in her honor) was not included in the choices. Victoria was perfect from head to toe. Incredible dress, amazing jewels that although substantial did not look overdone or over the top, and nice hair and makeup. By far the best looking woman at the event.

Older ladies: Queen Silvia, without any competition.

Younger ladies: Tie between Princess Madeleine (better than her dress at the wedding itself) and CP Mette-Marit.

I'm a bit surprised that so many liked Letizia's dress... perhaps an attempt to be as fabulous in Red as she indeed was for the Danish CP wedding, but a failure in this rather odd Las Vegas show kind of gown.

Marys dress was a little too raggedy for my taste.

My top three is:
Mette-Marit
Madeleine
Maria Theresa

Older ladies: Queen Silvia, without any competition.

Younger ladies: Tie between Princess Madeleine (better than her dress at the wedding itself) and CP Mette-Marit.

I'm a bit surprised that so many liked Letizia's dress... perhaps an attempt to be as fabulous in Red as she indeed was for the Danish CP wedding, but a failure in this rather odd Las Vegas show kind of gown.

I agree on Madeleine, Mette Marit and Silvia.
Now that you say it, Letizias dress does remind me of a Las Vegas show gown!

I didn't like Madeleine's look - too 'barbie like' for my taste.
She is a pretty woman but IMHO she has the age to start moving away from the overly sweet, barbie-like look.

Mette Marit looked lovely at all the wedding events.
Mary was elegance personified as usual though the green dress was rather understated.

First of all, the best dressed attendee of the evening was Victoria herself. Breathtaking gown.

I voted for MM. She has found her own style and looks perfect in it.

Without the slit, Letizia would have been in my top 3.

Maxima also looked good, she, MM and Mathilde really embrace great gala outfits.

While I loved Madeleines gown, the colour white was an odd choice.

Just a reminder: This poll is about the pre-wedding dinner and concert, not the wedding itself...

Princess Madeleine's dress was not white, but a light blue-grey with interesting rectangular sequins in the criss-cross beaded overlay:

Photo from Getty Images

Just a reminder: This poll is about the pre-wedding dinner and concert, not the wedding itself...

Princess Madeleine's dress was not white, but a light blue-grey with interesting rectangular sequins in the criss-cross beaded overlay:

Photo from Getty Images

Thanks Boris, in many pics I saw it really looked white. Even though its a light blue grey and I like the style of the dress, I find the colour too near to white. Another more indentifyable like salmon or light green would have been better.

1- CP Mette-Marit
2- CP Mathilde
3- CP Letizia
4- Queen Sonia of Norway
5- CP Mary

I think Queen Silvia looked stunning - very much the regal Queen, and mother of the bride.

My choices, in order

)HRH Princess Madeleine...she came dangerously close to upstaging the bride-to-be...I could have sworn the gown was white but no matter...she was sheer perfection and she took my breath away...it could have passed for a wedding gown...who was the designer??

2)HRH Princess Mary of Denmark...stunningly beautiful gown that emphasized her perfect figure. I usually prefer an upsweep with that type of gown, but her hair looked sexy! Perfect!

3) HRH Princess Letizia of Spain...I almost hesitated to mention Letizia because even though that red gown was smashing, she looks anorexic. She is probably the most beautiful CP, but she badly needs to gain at least 10 pounds.

4)Charlene Wittstock..the soon to be Princess of Monaco looked serene and elegant, already every inch a Princess. My only complaint is that is that the gown she wore to the concert and the wedding looked too similar.

Honorable mention to HRH Mathilde(she is sooo beautiful!), Queen Silvia, and Princess Martha-Louise.

But most BEAUTIFUL OF ALL was Victoria herself...I love Elie Saab and he outdid himself for Victoria...what a jaw dropping beauty she was in that dress..BRAVA!!!!

Again…the whole LOVE, UNSURE, HATE thing:

LOVE:
1. Charlene Wittstock (yes, again-that was my vote, I like this dress better than her one for the wedding!)
2. Queen Silvia of Sweden
3. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (LOVE THAT COLOR ON HER!!!)
4. Rosario Nadal
5. Infanta Cristina of Spain, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca
UNSURE:
1. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
2. Queen Sonja of Norway
3. Princess Madeleine of Sweden (It’s your sister’s wedding, not yours….but pretty dress)
4. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
5. Letizia, Princess of Asturias
6. Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway
7. Infanta Elena of Spain
HATE:
1. Queen Margrethe of Denmark
2. Queen Anne-Marie
3. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg (is she attending a wedding, or a funeral??!?!)
4. Sophie, Countess of Wessex
5. Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
6. Crown Princess Mathilde, the Duchess of Brabant
Tatiana’s link didn’t work, fyi….

I, too, liked Charlene's gown, which, I too, agree, looked to similar to the gown for the wedding. Mette-Marit, looked even better this night. I loved the pink more than the blue. Maxima and Mary and Martha-Louise. Leitizia gown was much better for this event. She is, too thin. Spohie's gown looks just like one my gandmother wore to a wedding in 1948. My grandmother was 56 at that time. Sophie has very little style.

Back
Top Bottom