Best Crown Princely bridal party attendants

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best bridal party attire for a Crown Princely wedding

• Abdullah & Rania of Jordan

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Alois & Sophie of Lietchenstein

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Pavlos & Marie-Chantal of Greece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phillippe & Mathilde of Belgium

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Haakon & Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Willem-Alexander & Maxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Frederik & Mary of Denmark

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • Felipe & Letizia of Spain

Votes: 41 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Which (recent -- within the last 10-12 years) Crown Princely wedding had the best dressed bridal party attendants?

(future) Crown Prince Abdullah & Crown Princess Rania of Jordan

(then) Crown Prince Alois & Crown Princess Sophie of Lietchenstein:

Crown Prince Pavlos & Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece:

Last edited:
Crown Prince Phillippe & Crown Princess Mathlide of Belgium

Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander & Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands:

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia of Spain

Last edited:
Please note that if you'd like to add other examples to this poll question or thread to do so via links or host the images via another image hosting source such as Photobucket or ImageShack. Please do not attach images directly to this thread.

Thank you for your co-operation.

I voted for the bridal party of Mary and Frederik, just love those pink dresses.

I also love the red in the Dutch and Belgian bridal parties, but I think the dresses are just so stiff and old fashioned, especially the clothes of the children with the velvet and stuff... just not my cup of tea! :)

I favor and voted for ~> Haakon & Mette-Marit of Norway :D

I voted for Haakon & Mette-Marit's. I loved the simplicity of the dresses, and the wreathes in the girls hair. Plus Marius was adorable!

My vote was for Haakon & Mette-Marit's. The bridal parties for Lietchenstein, Denmark and Spain were nice as well!

my votes CP Fred and CP Mary of Denmark because both have great best party bridal in 2004 but both still as popular CP couples!

Sara Boyce

Actually I disliked the dresses of Mary's attendents, to modern for a royal wedding. I liked the ones of the children at Letizia's wedding but the 2 older bridemaids looked a bit weird, like a shepardess from a Goya painting. So in the end I voted for the classical look of Maxima's bridesmaids, pages etc.

Marengo said:
I liked the ones of the children at Letizia's wedding but the 2 older bridemaids looked a bit weird, like a shepardess from a Goya painting.
Lorenzo Caprile made an excellent job with F&L's bridesmaids and pageboys. Those costumes are perfect masterpieces and what I like the most about them is all the historical notes that characterized the whole wedding. Everything was perfectly linked in a Spanish XVII-XVIII century atmosphere, since the music that was played at the service (Häendel, Cabanilles, Arauxo, Bruna, etc.), the own bride's gown, till the costumes of the attendents.
Caprile took his inspiration from the paintings of Goya that are hanged on the walls of the Prado in Madrid. The source of the little children's attire was particularly caught from Francisco de Goya's Infante niño D. Francisco de Paula and The Duke and Duchess of Osuna and their Children (1789):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=153687

Juan and Froilán's costume reproduced the masculine noble attire used in the second half of the XVIII century, while the bridesmaids were inspired by the ladies who used to serve the Royal Family at that time.

Besides, the garland hold by the children is an ancient symbol of Joy, Abundance and Happiness, evoking a series old Spanish traditions, as los niños Mayos or Majos and the Cruces de Mayo that are celebrated in this month.

Last edited:
My vote for Haakon and Mette Marit of Norway!

My vote also go to Haakon and Mette-Marit

my prefer

Willem-Alexander & Maxima of the Netherlands
Felipe & Letizia of the Austrias
Phillippe & Mathilde of the Belgium

I think Frederik and Mary of Denmark and also Haakon and Mette-Marit of Norway.

What a wonderful subject. Perhaps we can do a worst one?

I can't really choose, it's so hard! But my favourites were the bridal parties of Alois & Sophie of Liechtenstein, Haakon & Mette-Marit of Norway and Fredrik and Mary of Denmark.

I love Letizia and Felipe's Goya-esque bridal party. so spanish. they have the only bridal party whose look reflects their country.

I might vote for Fred and Mary.their bridal party is very well dressed. love the different shades of pink. unfortunately the presence amber petty kind of ruins the effect. she's kind of sleazy imho.

My vote goes to Haakon and Mette-Marit. I didn't like the outfits for Felipe and Letizia's bridal party. I think the mantillas and the Goya influence did not look well on the attendants!

I can't decide -- but I do note the colors from Pavlos and MC's wedding are Greek!

pollyemma said:
I love Letizia and Felipe's Goya-esque bridal party. so spanish. they have the only bridal party whose look reflects their country.

I voted for Felipe and Letizia's bridal part as well. I loved that they honoured their country's history and culture in their choice of attire for their bridal party. They are a couple making history as the future King and Queen of Spain while simultaneously honouring their country's history.

I think that's very touching and sentimental of them.

Genevieve said:
I voted for Felipe and Letizia's bridal part as well. I loved that they honoured their country's history and culture in their choice of attire for their bridal party. They are a couple making history as the future King and Queen of Spain while simultaneously honouring their country's history.

I voted for Felipe and Letizia's party too! I just thought the attire was very beautiful. I liked Mary and Frederik's party as well, but as Marengo pointed out, it was just a little too 'modern'.

Genevieve said:

Felipe and Letizia's whole wedding was planned thinking about Spain. The Spaniards needed this tribute after those horrid March-11th attacks.

Letizia's dress, the flowers in her bouquet, the songs played at the ceremony, the ceremony itself - which was dedicated to the people who died at the attacks.

Everything about it had a Spanish flair.

Meredith said:
Felipe and Letizia's whole wedding was planned thinking about Spain. The Spaniards needed this tribute after those horrid March-11th attacks.

Letizia's dress, the flowers in her bouquet, the songs played at the ceremony, the ceremony itself - which was dedicated to the people who died at the attacks.

Everything about it had a Spanish flair.

I think this is what makes this couple my favourite and such a standout. They are clearly a couple devoted to their role as the future monarchs of Spain as well as to each other.

Everything about the wedding paid hommage to Spain, from superficial, surface things down to the tiniest of details that might otherwise be overlooked.

While other couples chose things for their aesthetic or coordinating qualities, this couple chose things for its history and how it could honour the country they are to serve and to rule one day.

Nobody can doubt Felipe and Letizia's devotion to Spain, all of it, past, present and future.

I like Máxima and Willem-Alexander's bridal party

I personally liked the way the young attendants (not Mary's sisters and Amber Petty as I thought their outfits terrible and jarring to the eyes) in Frederik and Mary's wedding party were dressed. Nikokai and Richard von Pfeil in little navy suits and the little girls in those pink dresses were adorable. They are the kind of outfits I could see myself choosing for my own wedding.

But as this poll is about the Best Crown Princely bridal party and not about my personal taste, I would go with Felipe and Letizia's bridal attendants. I love the fact that their wedding was about the two of them uniting before God but also about their country. I appreciated that they picked traditional, Spanish-influenced attire for their attendants whatever their personal tastes or preferences may have been otherwise (although I suspect that this is also their taste).

The outfits were very unique -- I especially loved the "fishnet" hair holder for the older attendants. The little girl is adorable in her "apron" and the detailing on the hem of her dress is beautiful. I loved the long morning suit-like jackets of Froilan and Juanito, too. (I wonder how they felt about the leggings however!)

Hi :).

I voted for Felipe and Letizia’s for its meaning. The goyesc outfits were very well chosen and the colors didn't outstand and that flower detail the pages and bridesmaids entered the church with made me realize that this wedding was planned to the most small detail.

But I must confess that I am sorry I can only vote for one:( . My second best are Haakon and Mette-Marit's bridal party. In a fairy-tale there must be fairies and their bridesmaids looked evenly.

Congratulations to the ones that planned and made this thread. You are GREAT:) !!!

Regards,
mtbcm

Back
Top Bottom