Which Royal Wedding Would You Attend?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Felicity M

Nobility
City
Brisbane
Country
Australia
If you were given a invite to be a guest at any Royal Wedding which ones would you choose? You can go back in time as far as you want or it can be the most recent wedding?

Mine would be:
(my top 3)
Crown princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Crown Princess Maxima and crown prince Wilhem-alexander of Netherlands
Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos of Spain

If you were given a invite to be a guest at any Royal Wedding which ones would you choose? You can go back in time as far as you want or it can be the most recent wedding?

Mine would be:
(my top 3)
Crown princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Crown Princess Maxima and crown prince Wilhem-alexander of Netherlands
Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos of Spain
Interesting question,I think I would choose the recent ones:
Prince William and Kate Middleton(now Duchess of Cambridge),CP Victoria and Prince Daniel
Looking in near future I think it worth being invited to Zara Phillip's and Mike Tindall's as well as a Traditional German noble of Prince George of Prussia and Sophie of Isenburg

I'd go to Prince Albert and Charlene's.

Not only to soak up the glorious ambiance, food and glamour of the French Riviera...I'd use my magic Cupid powers to get Charlotte Casiraghi and Prince Carl-Philip alone together long enough to fall madly in love with one another....

1. Crownprincess victoria& daniel it seems familiar
2. Prince hamzah& princess noor for me it was an interessting wedding

Great thread!

My top three:
1. Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling
2. Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Màxima Zorreguieta
3. King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Ashi Jetsun Pema

1. Princess Diana and Prince Charles
2. Prince William and Kate
3. Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel

Last edited:
Frankly any and all of them. Royal weddings for the most part sound and look like amazing spectacles, the Scandinavian ones in particular are enchanting.;)

I'd choose a really old wedding with huge amounts of bling and old-school-royalty,
maybe from the British RF (King George/Queen Mary f.i.) or from a Russian Tsar..

Fun thread! :) I would happily accept an initiation to the following weddings which have taken place in recent times (20th-21st Century):

- William and Catherine
- Madeleine and Chris
- Peter Philips and Autumn Kelly (I've seen photos of the guests waving to them on the steps as they step into their carriage, I would love to be part of the waving crowd and also to have that done at my own wedding , if I ever have one, in the future)
- HM and Prince Philip
- Any royal wedding which had a large crowd of cheering, waving and smiley people, the atmosphere must be great.

If I lived in the past, then I would have happily accepted an invitation to the following weddings:

- Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
- Princess Charlotte of Wales and Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
- A Tudor/Stuart wedding from any country; it would have been interesting to see the wedding customs back then, as they were probably different from the weddings we have now.

Last edited:
Would want the following!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
1. Mary & Frederik (for the so obviously open love between them)
2. Victoria & Daniel (for the same as above)
3. Sophie & Edward (same reason)

Going back in time:
1. Elizabeth & Phillip
2. Juliana & Bernhard
3. Frederik & Ingrid

I would like to witness a wedding of Georgy Romanov (the son of Maria Vladmimirovna Romanova, Grand Duchess of Russia and of Franz-Wilhelm vion Hohenzollern, Prince of Prussia), especially when that is held in one of the former tsarist estates, for an example in the Grand Church of the Winter Palace or -even better- in one of the beautiful churches of Tsarskoye Selo (Tsar's Village).

:flowers:

Marc Anthony and Cleopatra!
I'm sure Cleo knew how to organise a party.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I would choose:

Victoria and Daniel
Frederik and Mary
Willem-Alexander and Maxima

Victoria and Daniel's wedding was so very special and has to take top honours. It was just so darned romantic and watching online it just sucked you in like you were there. They made a state occasion seem like a wonderfully close family wedding. They didn't just share their wedding with us, they shared a peice of themselves. There were so very many tears, both from Victoria and Daniel and from the guests. So much emotion, tears, laughter and joy. Fabulous speeches by the King and Prince Daniel (who is not quite a frog), not to mention an unforgetable wedding waltz.

Frederik and Mary's wedding was beautiful in a different way. They were a couple that seemed to have really put in the hard yards to actually be allowed to get married. Every step was coreographed brilliantly, from the explosion of pinks in the Cathedral to the carriage ride and reception. Their joy was sweet and their wedding dance, romantic. And the Danes wept and laughed with them. Today Mary the fashionista smiles at Frederik who is marching to the beat of a different drum.

Willem-Alexander and Maxima's wedding was beautiful and like V & D and F & M, they too had put in the hard yards, albeit for different reasons and the emotional Maxima showed what the Netherlands had to look forward to. A Crown Princely couple where the upstanding and overly serious WA was given a chance to be who he really is. As the repatriation of bodies from an act of terror proceeded, Willem-Alexander was a staunch King and stood for his fellow countrymen, Maxima, his Queen, the fulfillment of the promise of their marriage. She wept for all those who could not.

I love that it is possible to look at weddings from the distance of years and find that they have all fulfilled their promise. Their marriages are scandal free (slime notwithstanding), loving couples, adoring parents and well respected royal representatives of their countries. No two couples are the same because each individual is different and their challanges are also vastly different. But they have all arrived at the same place.

(Not order of preference, just random)

1)Wilhem-Alexander & Maxima
2)Daniel &Victoria
3)Albert & Charlene

1) Victoria & Daniel
2) Felipe & Letizia
3) WA & Maxima

I'd definitely have loved to go to Victoria and Daniel's wedding as the reception was amazing and such fun greeting the newlyweds off the boat!
I'd also have liked Madeleine and Chris's wedding because everyone went on a boat and cruised to where the reception was and I love being on boats!
I'm not sure i would have enjoyed Albert and Charlene's wedding ceremony because it was such a hot day and I would have wilted, but the setting, location and reception all looked magnificent!

ANY ONE OF THEM!! Are you kidding??;)

The one that stand out as most lavish and where I would have gotten 5 star treatment is Albert and Charlene's. And I would have gone to the one for Prince Amedeo and Dona Elisabetta's for the evening reception at the Villa Medici alone..I still cannot believe how spectacular it was!:ohmy:

I will also choose Crown princess Victoria and Prince Daniel wedding. They both look stunning in wedding dress and wedding hairstyle.

I would choose:

Victoria and Daniel
Frederik and Mary
Willem-Alexander and Maxima

Victoria and Daniel's wedding was so very special and has to take top honours. It was just so darned romantic and watching online it just sucked you in like you were there. They made a state occasion seem like a wonderfully close family wedding. They didn't just share their wedding with us, they shared a peice of themselves. There were so very many tears, both from Victoria and Daniel and from the guests. So much emotion, tears, laughter and joy. Fabulous speeches by the King and Prince Daniel (who is not quite a frog), not to mention an unforgetable wedding waltz.

Frederik and Mary's wedding was beautiful in a different way. They were a couple that seemed to have really put in the hard yards to actually be allowed to get married. Every step was coreographed brilliantly, from the explosion of pinks in the Cathedral to the carriage ride and reception. Their joy was sweet and their wedding dance, romantic. And the Danes wept and laughed with them. Today Mary the fashionista smiles at Frederik who is marching to the beat of a different drum.

Willem-Alexander and Maxima's wedding was beautiful and like V & D and F & M, they too had put in the hard yards, albeit for different reasons and the emotional Maxima showed what the Netherlands had to look forward to. A Crown Princely couple where the upstanding and overly serious WA was given a chance to be who he really is. As the repatriation of bodies from an act of terror proceeded, Willem-Alexander was a staunch King and stood for his fellow countrymen, Maxima, his Queen, the fulfillment of the promise of their marriage. She wept for all those who could not.

I love that it is possible to look at weddings from the distance of years and find that they have all fulfilled their promise. Their marriages are scandal free (slime notwithstanding), loving couples, adoring parents and well respected royal representatives of their countries. No two couples are the same because each individual is different and their challanges are also vastly different. But they have all arrived at the same place.

Marg: That is the most insightful and brilliant comment I have ever read. Thank you for putting all that into words that I could not. For me Victoria and Daniel had the most perfect wedding, when Daniel had tears, I had tears (why would I cry for someone I don't even know and a wedding) it was the pure love and joy he felt for Victoria who was becoming his wife. I to this day have never seen a couple more in love and devoted to each other then they are.
Your comment was just beautiful, really something special, Thank You!:flowers:

frederik&mary (due to their obvious love for each other and happiness and all the danes in the street. and because marys entrance to frederiks tears is the mest touching moment ever..it was pure truly feelings on live tv..they really won the hearts there. a wedding that was so romantic and royal at the same time)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iL9ZlVwgnUU

william&kate (because maybe not many feelings,but it was a huge grand and historic wedding and it could had been fun to be a part of..the wedding could had been taken out af a princess book)

Last edited:
European weddings:
1. CP Victoria/Daniel Westling
2. Prince of Austurias/Letizia Ortiz tie with Prince of Orange/Maxima Zorrigueta
3. Prince William of Wales/Catherine Middleton

Non-European
1. Prince Abdullah/Rania al Yasan
2. CP Nahurito/Masako Owada

Historic
King Henry VII and Princess Elisabeth of York
Princess Elisabeth and Lt. Phillip Mountbatten
Prince Juan Carlos and Princess Sofia
King Constantine and Princess Anne Marie

As for historical weddings I suppose the wedding of Pss Victoria Luise of Prussia with Ernst August of CUmberland in 1913 would be a great one to attend (grandparents of Q. Sofia of Spain). The last gathering of 'old Europe': the Kaiser, the Tsar and the king of England all together in Berlin:

File1867a.jpg

(copyrights expired)

As for the more recent ones, the Belgian or Spanish royal weddings were most interesting as they had the highest number of royal guests present & the best music selection.

Last edited:
Outstanding find Marengo! ^^^

I would love to go to
Prince Arthur and Catherine of Aragon
Edward, Prince of Wales and Alexandra of Denmark
Nicholas II and Alexandra
Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel

For me, I think:

William & Catherine
Nicholas II & Alexandra
Victoria & Daniel or Willem-Alexander & Maxima

Though really, who would turn down an invitation to any royal wedding?! :)

Charles & Diana
Charles & Camilla
:D

I would love to go to any royal wedding but I doubt I will be getting an invitation anytime soon.

I would want to go to any of them, but the following come to mind (not in any particular order):

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Princess Stephanie (to see that dress up close!)
Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
Nicholas II and Alexandra
Princess Victoria Luise of Prussia with Ernst August of Cumberland in 1913 (yes, Marengo!)
Prince Willem Alexander and Maxima
Prince William and Katherine (I want to be in Westminster Abbey and hear that organ, choir and music)
Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit (the dress)
Crown Prince Frederik and Mary
Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel

There's more, I just haven't thought of them yet!

QueenJen, I've always longed to see HGD Stephanie's bridal gown up close too. As beautiful as it was, I am sure that nothing compared to seeing it up close. Someone who was in the choir loft during the ceremony posted that it sparkled like a diamond.

I'd go to all the ones that were love matches.

Back
Top Bottom