The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

As Sarah wasn't invited to William's wedding and they didn't boycott it I doubt that they would do so this time. I also don't think she will be invited given Philip's very clear antipathy towards her. If William didn't invite her to his and he was one of her page boys I highly doubt if Harry would even consider it. He has a far smaller guest list anyway.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Nobility

Charles and Diana. There will never be another wedding spectacle like that.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
OK. Question. Will Sarah, Duchess of York be invited to Prince Harry's wedding?

And, if she is not, will the Yorks boycott it like HRH Mary the Princess Royal famously opted out of QEII's coronation?

Mary attended the queen's coronation, and continued to represent her after. Here is a bit about the tiara she wore to the coronation.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Coronation Guests and Their Jewels

And I am sorry but why would the boycott if their mother is not invited? She wasn't invited to William and Kate's, and yet they attended. She doesn't get invited to plenty of family events and they still attend. Beatrice and Eugenie are big girls, who understand since their parents' divorce, their mother wont be invited to a lot.

Harry is closer to the Yorks then his brother. He has vacationed with them like skiing. And they introduced him to girlfriends. But I don't see him extending an invite to Sarah.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes me too. Charles and Dians. It was a magical day. Everything seemed perfect. It was the biggest in terms of spectacle of my lifetime.

Historically. Albert Edward Prince of Wales to Prss Alexandra of Denmark.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
OK. Question. Will Sarah, Duchess of York be invited to Prince Harry's wedding?

And, if she is not, will the Yorks boycott it like HRH Mary the Princess Royal famously opted out of QEII's coronation?
I think it depends. 1) Philip apparently cannot abide her, how would Philip feel about her attending? 2) Sarah would not be permitted to sit with her daughters at church. How would she feel about that?

I don't think how their grandfather feels about their mother is a secret to Beatrice and Eugenie. I don't think they'd boycott.