A Wedding Dress for Zara Phillips

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first dress is nice. The second looks a bit matronly to me.

I prefer the first dress out of these two. The lace is exquisite.

I'm enjoying all of these suggestions. Keep them coming ladies . . .

These are all lovely but I particularly like the first and third of these suggestions.

Whatever style Zara chooses I can pretty well bet it will NOT be strapless.

If her stint as chief Bridesmaid at her brother's wedding taught her anything at all it is that no matter how much concealer or fake tan is used, bra or swimsuit lines are virtually impossible to get rid of.

Not a good look! :ohmy:

If her stint as chief Bridesmaid at her brother's wedding taught her anything at all it is that no matter how much concealer or fake tan is used, bra or swimsuit lines are virtually impossible to get rid of.

I know right! :whistling:

Zara seems to have such a fun personality, I hope she get's to balanced that out with her dress, not forgetting some traditions.
Will she wear a tiara? what about the Fringe? her mom and grandmother wore it so I think it would be a nice continuity

I know right! :whistling:

Zara seems to have such a fun personality, I hope she get's to balanced that out with her dress, not forgetting some traditions.
Will she wear a tiara? what about the Fringe? her mom and grandmother wore it so I think it would be a nice continuity

Her Mum and Grandmother might have worn it but they were also both HRH Princess xxx and the eldest daughter of the reigning monarch at the time of their weddings.

As Zara isn't royal (according to her mother) and isn't a Princess I think a lower key headpiece is called for.

Her Mum and Grandmother might have worn it but they were also both HRH Princess xxx and the eldest daughter of the reigning monarch at the time of their weddings.

As Zara isn't royal (according to her mother) and isn't a Princess I think a lower key headpiece is called for.

I'm not sure I agree with you on this one, Iluvbertie. OK so Zara's mother and grandmother were the oldest (or only) daughters of reigning monarchs at the time of their weddings but Zara IS royal, even though she doesn't bear any title. If she wants to wear that tiara for her wedding day then I think she should go for it.

Probably Zara didn't have much say for the bridesmaid's dress, she just had to wear what Autumn had chosen. I don't think that she would choose strapless for herself. It's seems not to be her personal style and she would know that it's not really proper for a church wedding.
I guess most of us like the way in which all female descendants of Queen Ingrid have worn the Khedive tiara at their wedding (and Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg will surely be the next bride to wear it). But the British Royals like to do things their own way, and I don't see them copying traditions from other Royal families. Also, so far only two brides, QEII and Princess Anne, have worn the fringe tiara at their weddings. So I wouldn't call that a tradition. It might become a tradition if Zara wears the fringe at her wedding. But I think that it's more likely that she will borrow one of her mother's tiaras. The festoon tiara looke great on Autumn Kelly on her wedding day. But Princess Anne also owns the Greak key tiara, which imho would fit Zara's personal style rather well.

Yes I too was wondering what tiara she might wear. I know a lot of people are saying she won't because she isn't royal, but lots of women wear tiaras on their wedding day so I can't see why she wouldn't. Besides, she is eldest granddaughter of the Queen and only daughter of the Princess Royal, so I reckon she will wear one.

But which one?

I too had wondered about the fringe tiara as it was worn by both her mother and grandmother, but she would have to borrow it from her grandmother for the day, I think she would probably borrow one from her mother.

I have seen the Princess Royal in the Fringe, the Queen Mothers Scroll, the Greek Key and the Festoon, I am pretty sure I have seen her in another older tiara belonging to Queen Mary somewhere. But my money is probably on the Greek Key Tiara as it is simple and elegant, very much like Zaras tastes.

I know were talking about wedding dresses but I would like Zara to wear the Teck Moon tiara.(If possible).I love tiara and it has not been out in a long time.

Zara is royal

Zara is certainly a royal; she is the granddaughter of the Queen. She simply does not have a title. So as to whether she can/will wear a tiara, it will be her decision. Her brother's wife Autumn wore a tiara loaned by Princess Anne on her wedding a couple of years ago.

Don't forget this will be a "family" wedding, in a comparatively small kirk.

Two families celebrating the marriage of two people already cohabiting....

I like Asha and Mona of Maggie Sottero.I'm not a fan of the usual bridal gowns this is a good alternative.

Whatever she chooses I can't see it being fussy,ruffled,puffy ect.

I could picture her in a sleeveless but not strapless simple dress.

Now that I thought about it even more,I can also picture her in a short sleeved gown like Rose Gilman.With the same tiara her mother wore on her wedding day.

Last edited:
All the recently posted gowns are very nice, especially the Kubach gowns. His gowns are impeccibly constructed and decorated. However, these gowns are not for churches. They are just fine for country club, down in the back 40 or a hotel wedding. I would like to see Zara wear a suit for her wedding, but I'm pretty sure she won't.

Oh Kitty, I fear she won't :))
Perhaps she has commissioned a special pair of tartan jodhpurs ?

When is her wedding? Where is it being held? Feel free to move this post to the right thread!

Last edited:
All the recently posted gowns are very nice, especially the Kubach gowns. His gowns are impeccibly constructed and decorated. However, these gowns are not for churches. They are just fine for country club, down in the back 40 or a hotel wedding. I would like to see Zara wear a suit for her wedding, but I'm pretty sure she won't.

A suit is suitable, (pardon the pun) for second marriages and brides in their 50's. Zara is young, beautiful and is getting married for the first time. She should look elegant. Many people get married in churches in these gowns. Otheriwse they would not be popular. If the church doesn't object. No one else can.

Zara has the right posture and stature for an elegant and memorable gown.
Whatever she will wear, it will look marvellous on her.

@Roseroyal,it will be on july 30th in Edinburgh,Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom