A Wedding Dress for Zara Phillips

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catherine Helvin

Nobility
City
St Helens
Country
United Kingdom
If you could design a wedding outfit for Zara Phillips, what would it be like?

If they were to get married at St George's Chapel, Windsor, then I think she should have a fairly long train to make an impact when she goes up and down the grand flight of steps at the west end of the chapel.

I can imagine she'll go for simple and elegant. Like her sister-in-laws dress.

I presume that Zara will wear quite a simple gown and I would not even assume that she will wear a tiara or a dress with a train because she seems so sportswomanlike and not fussy or snobby. Indeed, I hope that she is allowed to make her own choices and is not pushed into any sartorial styles by either the Queen or Princess Anne.

I can't see Zara wearing anything fussy either. She seems too simple and down to earth for that sort of thing. Then again she may surprise us and wear something glamorous.
Whatever she wears I'm sure it will be beautiful and fitting to her personality.

Zara's fashion choices can sometimes be quite unusual an extroverted. So her dress won't necessarily be simple elegance. She might stun us with an unconventional and glamorous dress. But it won't be romantic, frilly, puffed up, or with a lot of lace - that wouldn't be her style.

I too am betting on glamour, not elegant, and it will be nontraditional.

And who knows? Maybe it will be elegant in a simple way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unconventional is a good way to put it TillaC. I'm betting too that whatever she wears it will be unconventional but in a good way of course.

Zara's fashion choices can sometimes be quite unusual an extroverted. So her dress won't necessarily be simple elegance. She might stun us with an unconventional and glamorous dress. But it won't be romantic, frilly, puffed up, or with a lot of lace - that wouldn't be her style.

I agree. I do not see Zara the bride in any meringues.

I hope she goes for simple elegance. I think Oscar de la Renta bridal collection would be perfect for her!

I love nrs. 1 and 3. Lovely flowing lines and not difficult to make with a second shoulder to make it more appropriate for a royal wedding.

She might even go for a dress in the style of an old-fashioned riding habit.

Because Zara and Mr. Tindall are getting married in Scotland in July, I expect Zara's outift and jewellery to be really simple, not "royal" at all, middle class.

I agree. I do not see Zara the bride in any meringues.

I agree. Her fashion choices have never been conventional so I don't see her gown being that way. Watch me be wrong. :ROFLMAO:

I think she might wear her hair up though. :lol: Wonder about Mike's outfit? I think maybe a suit might be nice. He might wear the typically royal look of a vest and a coat with tails on it though.

Because Zara and Mr. Tindall are getting married in Scotland in July, I expect Zara's outift and jewellery to be really simple, not "royal" at all, middle class.
Since when does Zara do anything middle class?

I missed this announcement of the date and venue. Are they getting married in Crathie Church?

The Sottero "Mona" style would beautiful as a ballgown and the Valentino is exquisite with the petal skirt. Her down-to-earthness may lead her to a wedding suit, but probably not. Most brides want fairy-tale wedding photos and a suit won't give that.

She might wear her mother's wedding gown, which is spectacular, if it is still in good shape. I loved the PR's wedding gown.

I think Zara should avoid sleeveless as her upper arms are a bit chunky.

Muscular and fit, not chunky.

Back
Top Bottom