A Wedding Dress for Zara Phillips

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just looked at some of the Vera Wang gowns, nice, but dreary. Not Zara, at all. The Kate Moss gown looks like an old nightgown. Yuck!!

I love some of those dresses in those links. These days many women get married in strapless dresses in churches. If she needs to cover up there is always a shawl or bolero. It depends on how relaxed the church she is getting married in is and her wants. I think she will wear something modern and young because he is and strapless wouldn't surprise me! I think she will look lovely and would love her hair to be up.

^ ^ Thank you for posting the article Wymanda.
Looking at his website it looks like he has some nice designs. He wouldn't be a bad choice if it's true she has chosen him.

is stuff is okay. Umremarkable. Nothing special.

I think it will be very plain and simple no frills.

I agree. I can't see her with frills, but with some clever, unusual ornamentation. Having said that, she doesn't really need any ornamentation - her face provides that.

No, I think Zara's wedding dress should have at least some embroidery and/or beads and sequins here and there or it would look to plain and ordinary.

Very simply, a short veil waiting Zara's model. And I guess you do not use the crown.

We don't have long to wait. I just hope she doesn't step out of character and wear a marshmallow.

A while back I mentioned a wedding suit. Some said that was OK for a second wedding or an old woman. Scroll down to the first photo and see my interpretation of a wedding suit. BRIDE CHIC: SUIT CHIC

I think Victoria of Sweden's outfit might suit Zara too...

We don't have long to wait. I just hope she doesn't step out of character and wear a marshmallow.

Kitty, I am afraid to ask, but what does a marshmallow wedding gown look like?

I am not being sarcastic as I know nothing about fashion and even less about wedding gowns.

I just hope she picks something that does not overwhelm her? That we still see Zara, does that make sense?

I guess Zara's wedding dress will reflect her free personality,but will be more or less traditional as a sign of respect to the senior members of the royal family.
But I've always thought,some short or semi-short modern wedding dresses will better express her independent character ,just like these ones:

Short Wedding Dresses 2011

Kitty, I am afraid to ask, but what does a marshmallow wedding gown look like?

I am not being sarcastic as I know nothing about fashion and even less about wedding gowns.

I just hope she picks something that does not overwhelm her? That we still see Zara, does that make sense?

A "marshmallow" is depicted perfectly in Diana Spencer's wedding gown. It's not a derogatory description, just very fluffy and puffy.

The suits were hideous. Just becuase you throw a jacket over a gown, doesn't make it a suit. I hope you has someone who can create something lovely for her.

The suits were hideous. Just becuase you throw a jacket over a gown, doesn't make it a suit. I hope you has someone who can create something lovely for her.

Well, hideous is something of an overstatement. What do you have in mind?

the weding in july 30 right?

A "marshmallow" is depicted perfectly in Diana Spencer's wedding gown. It's not a derogatory description, just very fluffy and puffy.
No, Kitty, in that case if Diana's was a marshmallow, no marshmallows for Zara please! And no " bed-sheet trains" either! I call it a bed-sheet, because it was so long and wrinkled, Diana's train looked like a huge crumpled bed-sheet.
And I hope Zara has sometthing that is not too funky, nothing that overwhelms her, or hideous. But that may be asking too much of her... fingers crossed!;)

Roseroyal, it appeared to be a quasi-marshmallow.

I loved Zara's dress. And it was a heck of a lot better than Diana's IMO.

I forgot to mention that I, too, liked Zara's gown. I especially liked her poufy veil. She made a lovely, down-to-earth bride and I certainly respect her for that. Her hair and makeup were, IMO, surpassed only by Charlene of Monaco.

Back
Top Bottom