Royal Family of Thailand: Current Events October 2003 - August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more pics...

Attachments

• 00322651.jpg
    00322651.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 565
  • 00322650.jpg
    00322650.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 561
  • 00322648.jpg
    00322648.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 621
  • THAILAND-KING-BHUMIBOL-2218.jpg
    THAILAND-KING-BHUMIBOL-2218.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 496
  • THAILAND-KING-221526-pih.jpg
    THAILAND-KING-221526-pih.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 746
  • THAILAND_KING_BHUMIBOL_XS_2.jpg
    THAILAND_KING_BHUMIBOL_XS_2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 624
BANGKOK, THAILAND: Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej (R) and Queen Sirikit (L) review the troops as a part of the celebration to commemorate his 77th birthday at the royal plaza in Bangkok, 02 December 2004. Thai King Bhumibol, the world's longest reigning monarch will turn 77 on 05 December.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 280
Thailand Royal Family

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/verden/article320319.ece

Barnebarnet til Thailands kong Bhumibol er blant de savnede etter flodbølgen som rammet Sør-Asia.
Det melder avisen The Nation, ifølge NTB.

Khum Bhumi Jensen (21) ble sist sett i Takua Pa-distriktet i provinsen Phang Nga før monster-flodbølgen tsunamien rammet området søndag morgen. Avisen siterer en ikke navngitt kilde hos provinsmyndighetene.
According a message on the Asian Royals MB, I understand this means one Prince of the King of Siam was a victim of the devastating and tragic Tsunami that struck at breakfast time on the morning of December 25, 2004.

My most sincere condolences .... and hearfelt support towards mobilizing a coordinated internationally coordinated worldwide relief effort.

Last edited:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,11791645%5E1702,00.html

update

Tragedy touches Thai royals

December 27, 2004 A GRANDSON of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej is among those missing after tsunami waves smashed into the resort island of Phuket.

"We have no report of his whereabouts yet," a Phuket rescue centre official said of Bhumi Jensen, 21, who disappeared at Khao Lak beach while jet-skiing yesterday. Bhumi is the son of Princess Ubolratana and her estranged American husband Peter Jensen.

He was holidaying with his mother at the time.
Media reports said the princess was safe.

Thailand Royal Family

A prime minister of Thailand said that they found khun Bhum <Pum> Jensen , son of Princess Ubhunrat and there are lots of people die in Krabi , Phuket and Panga.

Asia wakes to quake devastation
More than 14,000 people are now known to have died after a massive underwater earthquake sent giant waves crashing into coastlines across southern Asia.

Global aid teams have joined the effort to find the thousands still missing and to bring help to the hurt and homeless.

The toll from the disaster is set to spiral in the worst-hit areas of Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia and Thailand. The 9.0 magnitude quake - the worst in the world for 40 years - struck under the Indian Ocean off western Indonesia.
It generated a wall of water that sped across thousands of kilometres of sea.

Earlier readings by the US Geological Survey had given a magnitude of 8.9 for the quake but this was raised after further tests. In the early hours of Monday, fresh tremors were detected near the Indonesian island of Sumatra, sparking warnings from Indian and Sri Lankan weather officials of further, smaller surges, also known as tsunamis.

_40666809_phuket_ap203b.jpg

The Thai tourist resort of Phuket was badly hit by the tsunami

พระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัวโปรดเกล้าโปรดกระหม่อมให้มูลนิธิราชประชานุเคราะห์ ในพระบรมราชูปถัมภ์ช่วยผู้ประสบภัย

Disaster

Khun Bhum Jensen dies. They found a death body near the hotel , I can't remember the name of this hotel. there are six foreigners from Norway , Sweden and Denmark die in Thailand < two Norwegians , two swedishes and two Danishes>

Last edited:
that is horrible! So many dead people :(

may they all rest in peace

My heart goes out to King Bhumibol Adulyadej, Queen Sirikit, and Princess Ubolratana at this time. It is devastating to see such destruction and death. Bhumi was only 21. So young. May he rest in peace.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej donation his money 30 million baht for this situation.

What an awful tragedy. My condolences to all the families victims.:(

It is an awful tragedy. I have neighbours who're currently in Phuket. They phoned yesterday, though and said they were fine.

It's just horrible that nobody was warned about it.

This is terrible tragedy. My sympathies go out to the Thai Royal family as well as all the families affected by this tragedy. May all their souls rest in peace.

Khun Bhum Jensen will go to heaven , he is sleeping on the most comfortable bed.

My heart goes out to the people of Thailand for their misery and loss. God bless you!

My sympathies go to everyone who have suffered in this horrible disaster..

Just to mention, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn helped Croatian diplomacy in solving the case of missing Croatian girl. Unfortunately, little 3 year old was found dead and she is the first identified Croatian victim. There is 39 more people for which Croatian organisations don't have any information.

the reports said he was just coming up from the sea after waterskiing......and then the wave came and hit him........there was no one there because all the gaurds were going to save his sister who was in the sea.It was a tragic diseater that the Thai royal family won't forget.......He was the grandson of King of Thailand and was only 21 years old.:(

Attachments

• 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 282
  • 16.jpeg
    16.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 282
Peggy said:
the reports said he was just coming up from the sea after waterskiing......and then the wave came and hit him........there was no one there because all the gaurds were going to save his sister who was in the sea.It was a tragic diseater that the Thai royal family won't forget.......He was the grandson of King of Thailand and was only 21 years old.:(
I read somewhere in the last few days, that the Prince was in a way handi-capped by autism?
Would that have worsened an already worse situation?

The death toll is staggering...80,000 people and counting. Unfortunately, it's something people who live in that corner of the world have to be constantly on alert for. I lived in the Philippines and I still have family there. It's extremely dangerous being in the Ring of Fire and you have to be always aware of the world around you.

My sincerest condolences to all the families who have lost loved ones. So many lives cut short.

My condolences to the family and esp. to the mother. What a tragedy...:(

I think this might be in the wrong thread, but I couldn't remember the name ...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050101.wtsunvix0101/BNStory/International

At least 123,184 people are reported dead around southern Asia and as far away as Somalia on Africa's eastern coast, most killed by massive tsunamis that smashed coastlines after a magnitude-9.0 earthquake off Indonesia's coast on Sunday.

Tolls by country
— Indonesia: 80,246.
— Sri Lanka: 28,729.
— India: 8,955.
— Thailand: 4,812
— Somalia: 200.
— Myanmar: 90.
— Maldives: 73.
— Malaysia: 66.
— Tanzania: 10
— Bangladesh: 2.
— Kenya: 1

Foreigners confirmed dead
The tally of foreigners confirmed dead from the quake and tsunamis throughout the Indian Ocean region, according to their countries' foreign ministries. Authorities said thousands are still missing, many of them feared dead.
— Sweden: 59
— Britain: 35
— Germany: 34
— France: 22
— Norway: 21
— Japan: 18
— Italy: 14
— United States: 15
— Switzerland: 13
— Australia: 11
— Denmark: 7
— Singapore: 7
— Belgium: 6
— Canada: 5
— Netherlands: 5
— Austria: 5
— Philippines: 5
— Finland: 4
— South Korea: 4
— South Africa: 4
— Brazil: 2
— Taiwan: 2
— Poland: 1
— Russia: 1
— Colombia: 1
— New Zealand: 1
— Czech Republic: 1
— Turkey: 1
— Mexico: 1
— China: 1

A huge world "involvement".
And I know, alas .... no mention of the missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom