The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Thailand

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos Lyonnaise.

Old 03-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

COLOMBO, SRI LANKA: Thai princess Galyani Vadhana Krom Luang Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra signs the visitor's book on her arrival at the Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, 06 March 2005. The princess is visiting Sri Lanka to hand over an English translation of Buddhist scriptures taken from Sri Lanka to Thailand centuries ago. AFP PHOTO/str (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images) (Polfoto)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	103625   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	103626   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	103627   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	103628  

Old 03-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Courtier

First copy of Tripitaka of Theravada Buddhism printed in English presented to President

The first copy of the Tripitaka of Theravada Buddhism printed in English was presented to President Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga by Princess Galyani Vadhana of Thailand, the elder sister of the King of Thailand, at the BMICH last evening. Foreign Minister Lakshman Kadirgamar attended the occasion. President Kumaratunga presented a silver model of an elephant in reciprocation to the Thai Princess. Pic. by Dudley Wickremesinghe
Old 03-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Caption:
BANGALORE, INDIA: Thailand's Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (C) is followed by Thai delegates upon her arrival at Bangalore airport, 09 March 2005. Princess Sirindhorn, on a two-day official visit to India, will visit the city-based Indian leading IT software firm Infosys and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) 10 March 2005. AFP PHOTO/Dibyangshu SARKAR (Photo credit should read DIBYANGSHU SARKAR/AFP/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	105665   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	105666   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	105667  
Old 03-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
BBC

Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej is to oversee personally an artificial rain-making project in a bid to end a severe drought in the country. He is expanding a cloud-seeding technique he patented in 2002, which involves aircraft releasing a chemical into clouds to induce rainfall. He suggested the idea as most of Thailand's 76 provinces face their worst drought for several years. An additional 17 aircraft have been drafted in for the scheme. It has also been expanded from 10 to 22 bases across the country.

"The king has set up a centre for rain-making at Hua Hin [his seaside residence] and will personally command the centre to help alleviate drought," Deputy Agriculture Minister Newin Chidchob told the AFP news agency.

Cloud-seeding involves firing particles, usually silver iodide, into clouds to encourage water vapour to gather round them and eventually fall as rain. King Bhumibol Adulyadej's technique involves using two aircraft to seed warm and cold clouds at different altitudes. This technique is said to be particularly successful because it can more precisely target areas where the rain is to fall. The monarch is said to have suggested his rain-making technique after expressing his concern about the drought during a meeting with Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The drought has affected more than 8.3 million people, and 10 areas in the northern province of Chiang Mai have been declared disaster zones. It also hit Thailand's fourth quarter economic results by significantly affecting output in the agricultural sector.

1. Aircraft or artillery spray chemicals (often silver iodide or dry ice) into clouds to encourage tiny vapour droplets to coalesce
2. Droplets of supercooled water (liquid below freezing) coalesce into snow and melt as they fall
3. Heat released as the droplets freeze boosts updrafts, which pull more moist air into the cloud
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

Happy Birthday 50th to Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn

Best Wishes to an amazingly accomplished, beloved, and well repected Princess.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	119436  
Old 04-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Gentry

Khun Ploypilin Jensen in Preaw Magazine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Thai_KhunPloy_001.jpg
Views:	2084
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	128641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai_KhunPloy_002.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	128642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai_KhunPloy_003.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	128643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai_KhunPloy_004.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	128644  

Name:	Thai_KhunPloy_005.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	128645  
Old 04-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysakuraba
Khun Ploypilin Jensen in Preaw Magazine

Forgive my ignorance, who is this lady? She's very pretty though. Thanx
Old 04-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Gentry

She's daugther of Princess Ubol Ratana and Mr.Peter Jensen
Old 05-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Crown prince has new baby son

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2005..._17216922.html

CROWN PRINCE HAS A SON
Old 05-02-2005, 05:56 AM
Courtier

another site with photo:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050430...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

I don't know much about Crown prince of Thailand. I just remember that his wife name is not the one which state on the above news...how many wifes does he have actualy? does anyone know about it? thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Nobility

Mom Srirasmi

Just wondering if anyone could tell me whether mom srirasmi is an HRH and when the crown prince ascends the throne whether she will be given another title like princess consort or queen. thanks very much. and what does mom stand for?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thai Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn carries his new born son at a hospital in Bangkok
Pics from HELLO and HOLA website
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

A website with pics of the new baby prince
http://www.soravij.com/newprince.htm
Old 05-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
another site with photo:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050430...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

I don't know much about Crown prince of Thailand. I just remember that his wife name is not the one which state on the above news...how many wifes does he have actualy? does anyone know about it? thanks in advance.

The Crown Prince was formerly married to Princess Somsawali (a cousin) and has a daughter with her. Then he divorced her and had another woman. I'm not sure whether he had married that woman or not. He had a coupler of children with her, 2 boys and 2 girls I think. Now he's married to Mom Srirasmi. Mom is a royal title for wives of non-royal birth of a Crown Prince.

I've heared that the Crown Prince is a widely-known womenizer and his reputation in the country is terrible and many people doubt on his ability to be a king. I've heared from my Thai friends that the Thai King might be succeeded by his daughter as the Thai Constitution allows princesses to succeeed the throne. Even if he became king, he would be succeeded by his elderst daughter I've heared.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Commoner

I heard the same thing from my friend who is also Thai. People really hate the crown prince because of his character. He played an part in the massacre of the students in Thammasat university. I have also heard that the princess is very popular and that she has the title equal to that of the crown prince. Also she is her father's favorite. I got this from website. I don't think people know how important King Bhumibol has been for Thailand. In numerous cases, he has protected the stability and peace of Thailand while encouraging democracy. He is truely beloved in Thailand because he is seen as the protector of Thailand. People sometimes dread the thought of his death becaue they hate his son. Bhumibol has acted as the mediator between the military, which is very powerful in Thailand and the students who have protested for democracy more than once. He is able to stop the military because of his position as king and because people respect and love him. His son does neither has the respect of the people nor their love, which means I honestly hope he does not become king. Also I don't see it being a problem that his sister is a woman since in SE Asia a lot of women are leaders and they are the heirs of their father's legacy. Example Megawatti is the daughter of Sukarno, and herself became president. Aung San's daughter is the symbol of Burma. Arroyo and Corazon were both daughters of politicans and both lead the Phillipines.

"Although the subject is never publicly discussed in Thailand, most observers believe that Vajiralongkorn shares none of the enormous popularity of his parents among the Thai public. This is partly because of his career as a military officer at a time when the public have turned against Thailand's long history of military rule, partly because of his irregular private life, and partly because he is seen as a cold and remote personality.
The Economist wrote in 2002: "Vajiralongkorn is held in much less esteem [than the king]. Bangkok gossips like to swap tales of his lurid personal life. One of his sisters, another possible heir to the throne, is more popular, but Thailand has never been ruled by a woman. Besides, no successor, however worthy, can hope to equal the stature King Bhumibol has attained after 55 years on the throne."
Old 05-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Nobility

He played an part in the massacre of the students in Thammasat university?...Oh my goodness! That's sooo bad. He's bad enough to be already..that makes him worse to the bottom of the ocean!!

His sister is very very popular and extremely intelligent and is also a highly-achieved scientist. She is not yet married I think. I really hope that she would become the successor of her father. Also many years ago there was a military corp or revolution that was trying to harm the king and she stopped it in 3 days I think...can't really remember the exact length of time.

Mom Srirasmi is soooooo beautiful, I think one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. She looks like a Thai Chinese. The Crown Prince really has an eye for beauties hehe.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Poppy and Kobe, Thank you for the information. Well if he is that bad and many of Thai people hate him then I think the King should remove him as his successor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy
His sister is very very popular and extremely intelligent and is also a highly-achieved scientist. She is not yet married I think. I really hope that she would become the successor of her father. Also many years ago there was a military corp or revolution that was trying to harm the king and she stopped it in 3 days I think...can't really remember the exact length of time..
I also heard from my Thai colleague that princess Mahachakri Sirindhorn (I hope the speeling is correct) is the favorite one to replace her brother position. I read more news about the princess than news about crown prince, because she seems to have done more duties than her brother.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

The crown prince, his wife and their new baby son
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe
I heard the same thing from my friend who is also Thai. People really hate the crown prince because of his character. He played an part in the massacre of the students in Thammasat university. I have also heard that the princess is very popular and that she has the title equal to that of the crown prince. Also she is her father's favorite. I got this from website. I don't think people know how important King Bhumibol has been for Thailand. In numerous cases, he has protected the stability and peace of Thailand while encouraging democracy. He is truely beloved in Thailand because he is seen as the protector of Thailand. People sometimes dread the thought of his death becaue they hate his son. Bhumibol has acted as the mediator between the military, which is very powerful in Thailand and the students who have protested for democracy more than once. He is able to stop the military because of his position as king and because people respect and love him. His son does neither has the respect of the people nor their love, which means I honestly hope he does not become king. Also I don't see it being a problem that his sister is a woman since in SE Asia a lot of women are leaders and they are the heirs of their father's legacy. Example Megawatti is the daughter of Sukarno, and herself became president. Aung San's daughter is the symbol of Burma. Arroyo and Corazon were both daughters of politicans and both lead the Phillipines.

"Although the subject is never publicly discussed in Thailand, most observers believe that Vajiralongkorn shares none of the enormous popularity of his parents among the Thai public. This is partly because of his career as a military officer at a time when the public have turned against Thailand's long history of military rule, partly because of his irregular private life, and partly because he is seen as a cold and remote personality.
The Economist wrote in 2002: "Vajiralongkorn is held in much less esteem [than the king]. Bangkok gossips like to swap tales of his lurid personal life. One of his sisters, another possible heir to the throne, is more popular, but Thailand has never been ruled by a woman. Besides, no successor, however worthy, can hope to equal the stature King Bhumibol has attained after 55 years on the throne."
Totally true!....but the prolem is that in Thailand,women have no right to success to the throne.

Closed Thread