King Bhumibol & Queen Sirikit current events: Feb 2006-Oct 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the king was healthy like 20 years ago, Thailand would be much less chaotic than this. :sad::sad::sad:

Last edited:
Is there any site to follow the activities of the Royal family of Thailand?

Yes, There are. But most of them are available only in Thai language :sad:

I would suggest Thailand's leading newspaper websites such as Thairath or Dailynews.

713784.jpeg

June 9, 2014 : HM the King was at a merit making ceremony for his father, HRH Prince Mahidol Adulyadej, The Royal Father (and Prince of Songkla), his mother, HRH Princess Srinagarindra (The Princess Mother of Thailand) and his older sister, HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana, Princess of Naradhiwas, at Sala Reueng Hall, Klai Kangwon Palace, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province.

Source : Dailynews.co.th

Last edited:
It's not exactly a current event, but since I couldn't find a General News thread for King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit, I decided to post this here - please feel free to move if it doesn't fit.

King Bhumibol has been admitted to Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand for a series of medical tests. He has only been residing at the Palace for a year, since he was in hospital before that due to lung problems:

Le roi de Thaïlande hospitalisé

Is there any site to follow the activities of the Royal family of Thailand?

A good youtube channel, although I do not understand anything of what they say.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mahhaudj

My father have followed the Thai royal family for many years and we both find this media propaganda ridiculous. Thailand will in my eyes never be a democracy as long as this family and the military has the power, punish people for criticism is insane.If I was in thailand now, I had been punished.

Long Shielded, Thailand's Monarchy Facing Hard Questions Amid Unrest

Developing the monarchy

http://kyotoreview.org/issue-13/the-future-of-the-monarchy-in-thailand/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...cac579-374c-4671-b418-b8dda46c76ed_story.html

http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-05-21/current-crisis-thailand-about-monarchy-no-one-will-talk-about

Last edited:
^^ Yes, Punishing people for criticism is insane but you should have acknowledged how those who faced Lèse-majesté charges criticized HM the king and the entire royal family, especially Thai Anti-monarchy activists. Would you feel delighted to hear some people calling your Head of State a witless monkey or a filthy murderer? Is that a logical criticism? I find it quite ridiculous that most of those activists believe that the king actually did murder his brother, King Ananda Mahidol to ascend to the throne.

Criticism of monarchy in Thailand is different from yours. At first, it sounds logical and rational but it would just always turn into a intimidation or insulting just like this one : หมิ่นเบื้à¸*งสูง - YouTube

Her name is Rose. She used to live in the UK but currently flees to San Francisco. She is a notable Anti-monarchy activists.

And why democracy is not working in Thailand? The answer is corruptions. Thaksin began it all. This coup would not had happened if he did not try to push the amnesty bill last year to relinquish all his corruption charges ruled out by the court. I would suggest you to read this article : Thailand’s Big Brother Drama - Bloomberg View

I can remember magazine covers and articles here in the early 1960s, featuring a young and beautifully elegant Queen Sirikit :flowers:

Appleich! Can I ask you something since you come from Thailand. Queen Sirikit has not been shown publicly for a long time because of illness, do you know anything about her condition?

^^ Nobody really knows how her actual condition is. The latest statement from the palace back in march said she has a cataract surgery on her left eye at Hua Hin hospital. Following the surgery she has been advided by the doctors not to take any social work in order to recover. So she did not appear much in public recently. I expect her condition is improving well.

HM the queen did appear to the public twice in recent months. First, During HM the king's coronation cerebration on 5th May :

13753495751375354297l.jpg

13753495751375364462l.jpg

Courtesy photos of Prachachat Newspaper.

And during their majesties' recent trip to Siriraj Hospital on 6th August (Accompanied by HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn) :

557000009249014.JPEG

557000009249013.JPEG

557000009249018.JPEG

Courtesy photos of ASTV Manager Newspaper.

Thai king endorses coup leader as PM

Aljazeera Last updated: 25 Aug 2014 07:56

http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/Images/2014/8/25/201482544538515734_20.jpg
http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/Images/2014/8/25/201482544538515734_20.jpg

Prayuth was named prime minister by 191 out of 197 members of the military-dominated assembly [EPA]

General Prayuth Chan-ocha promises to carry out extensive reforms following army coup which overthrew government in May.

Thailand's king has endorsed coup leader General Prayuth Chan-ocha as prime minister, four days after he was elected by his own hand-picked parliament, paving the way for the formation of an interim government. Approval from King Bhumibol Adulyadej on Monday is a formality, and the formation of an interim government will follow in the coming weeks, although power will remain firmly in the military government's hands. "His Majesty the King has endorsed General Prayuth Chan-ocha as prime minister to govern the country from this day onwards," the Royal Gazette said in a statement published on its official website on Monday.

Al Jazeera's Scott Heidler, reporting from Bangkok, said the ceremony held at the military headquarters lasted for half an hour, during which Prayuth delivered a speech and listed a "laundry list of reforms" for the government. "His majesty the king has appointed me Prime Minister. I am extremely grateful... this is a great honour for me and my family," Prayut said after the ceremony. "I will work with honesty and for the benefit of people and the nation." Heidler said that the general also acknowledged a "long and very difficult road ahead for reforms," as he tries to form a new cabinet, which is expected in October.

More Details : Thai king endorses coup leader as PM - Asia-Pacific - Al Jazeera English

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday to His Majesty. He is the man who makes me proud to be THAI.

King. Proceed down the building sat 16th Floor honor. Hospital and then proceed stamp van seat. To Chitralada Dusit Palace He is the He looked to his Project And track progress Chitralada Project Dusit Palace Among subjects who were waiting to greet the news along the procession motor yacht sailed through the hospital.
Google Tradutor

Thailand exaltation population "King - Queen" came to the palace garden designs today. United appointment together to come along since the hospital Siriraj - bridge. 8- Phaholyothin Rd. - The Cynics - Wang Chitralada. Doctors said there was a bout of ill health

Thank you King And the Queen Sirikit The Queen Will proceed from hospital. He returned to stay at Chitralada. Dusit Palace In the evening of this day The motion to change the And restored the health of the body to be more healthy. The population of Thailand after receiving the news of this delightful. The joy was very pleased. And were preparing to send out to the two he returned. The appointments come to look forward to. The route from Siriraj Hospital, Rama 8 Bridge continues on Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue. The Royal Horse Go to page Chitralada.

The Trust's Clinical Professor Dr. Udom Mahidol University. As a physician who is dedicated to the health care revealed that King's generally strong. Ate the bread is not normal. No signs of any illness But the body is not ready to proceed back to stay at the palace peaceful entry zone. Hua Hin. Khan. But can proceed back to stay at Chitralada. The palace has a while to change the posture. He is like a home visit. To restore the health of the body to be more complete. Like the Queen The Queen Whereas it was generally stronger health is normal. The return of both him and his medical team are dedicated to closely throughout the period stood at Chitralada Villa. The palace

While Mr seek Member of the Legislative Assembly (NLA.) Said that the best news and the joy of creating a population of 66 million people, particularly Thailand. Acknowledged that His condition improved and he was sick of the two, respectively. He forged the Labour were ready to come out of the hospital and sat in the Grand Palace me. I will be brief Several days before, I'm a doctor friend. I was glad to do it. We both King Long Live The King. With the health of the Labour forged. Forever cherish the people of Thailand for a long time.
ปลื้มปีติ'ในหลวง-ราชินี'เสด็จกลับวังสวนจิตรฯ | à¸*่านความจริงà¸*่านเดลินิวส์
Google Tradutor

Monarchies en Asie et au Pacifique: Brève sortie pour le roi Bhumibol

Suite au tremblement de terre au Népal et la situation humanitaire critique, le roi Bhumibol et la reine Sirikit ont fait don de 10 millions de baths, soit près de 270.000 euros, pour venir en aide aux victimes. Ce don a été effectué au travers de la Fondation Rajaprajanugroh, placée sous patronage royal. Trois jours après le séisme, le couple royal avait fait parvenir ses condoléances au président népalais.
Monarchies en Asie et au Pacifique: Don du couple royal thaïlandais au Népal

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Bhumibol Elizabeth II
King Bhumibol, the sovereign in office for the longest time, sent his congratulations to Queen Elizabeth II became the 9 September the British monarch having the longest reign. In this letter, the Thai royal couple wished to send his wishes for health and happiness to Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh and the British royal family. King Bhumibol (87 years) reigned for 69 years while Her Most Gracious Majesty (89) reigned for 63 years.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SMWn6N8f4...kM/1AwEfFCJ62o/s1600/PNROY580910001000101.jpg
Monarchies en Asie et au Pacifique: Les félicitations de Bhumibol à Elizabeth II

The Queen Sirikit Museum of Textiles in the compound of the Grand Palace will host a variety of activities, including exhibitions

Queen's birthday celebration

King Bhumibol left hospital on Monday to visit his Bangkok palace, his first such outing since he was admitted last year.
His trip to the Chitralada Palace follows a Royal Household Bureau announcement on Sunday that the 88-year-old king was recovering from a blood infection and swollen lung.

Thai king leaves hospital for first outing since admission last year

:previous: i'm not very familiar with the situation in Thailand; the remark about worries about the stability in the country with regards to the succession... is that a real concern or is it one of DM's exaggerations?

:previous: i'm not very familiar with the situation in Thailand; the remark about worries about the stability in the country with regards to the succession... is that a real concern or is it one of DM's exaggerations?

I live in Thailand, and it is a real concern, sadly. The country is divided in two, with two entirely different (possible) scenarios as a result. Of course we hope for a peaceful outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Reactions: eya
it sounds like both the king and queen are in delicate health. is abdication an option in thailand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom