King Bhumibol & Queen Sirikit current events: Feb 2006-Oct 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thai king pardons royal insult

An engineer given a 10-year jail sentence for posting pictures on the Internet said to insult Thailand's revered monarchy has been pardoned by the king, a prison official said Wednesday.
Suvicha Thakhor was convicted of violating computer and strict lese majeste rules last year after a court found that he had doctored images of the royal family before putting them on the web.
"The king granted him the royal pardon on June 28 and Suvicha is already free from prison," he said. - AFP

Delicated Thai silk stamps launched to mark Queen's birthday

Thai silk stamps, with peacock emblems granted by Queen Sirikit as a quality guarantee for the silk were produced in celebration of the Queen's 78th birthday on August 12.
15,000 sets of stamps were hand made from about 6,000 yards (5,486 metres) of silk. Each set, containing four stamps, will be sold at the 25th Asian International Stamp Exhibition for 180 Baht (6 U.S. dollars).(Xinhua/Reuters Photo) - Article with pictures

Photo contest to mark HM the Queen Birthday by Thailand radio

Thailand Radio invites people to join a photo contest to mark the 78th anniversary of Her Majesty The Queen’s Birthday on 12th August, 2010. The station arranges a digital contest with the theme “Mum & Kids – a strong tie” to express our commemoration to the Queen “mother of all Thais” and to encourage mothers and kids to enjoy activities together. - PhuketNews

Thailand celebrates the Queen's birthday

Queen Sirikit's 78th birthday has been celebrated throughout the country on August 12th 2010.
Thai people do mass aerobic exercise at National Stadium in Bangkok as a part of national campaign "Staying fit for Queen Sirikit" - AP photo
A parade ahead of her birthday, in Thailand's southern province of Narathiwat on August 5, 2010. - Getty picture
People release Hawksbill turtles into the sea at the Sea Turtle Conservation Center of the Royal Thai Navy, in Sattahip, Chonburi province, east of Bangkok August 10, 2010. 780 endangered green and Hawksbill sea turtles were released ahead of the 78th birthday of Queen Sirikit. - Reuters photo

Thank you for the beautiful links to the pictures:flowers:

Thais pray for hospitalised king as anniversary nears (Reuters Africa, from last Friday)

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Sawat Nhuchaiyan is one of about 9,000 Thais who visit a Bangkok hospital to pray each day for the health of 82-year-old King Bhumibol Adulyadej, lighting joss sticks and laying flower garlands.
"I love the king more than anything in the world," said Sawat, 70, who travelled about 470 km (292 miles) from his home in Chumphon province to Bangkok's Sirirat Hospital.
But as the world's longest-serving monarch marks a year in hospital on Sunday, Thailand faces hard questions over the future of its most powerful institution and whether it can sustain its traditional role as pillar of stability in times of upheaval.

Thai Queen admitted to hospital for checkup - TV | Reuters

Queen Sirikit, the 78-year-old wife of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world's longest-serviving monarch, was admitted to Bangkok's Chulalongkorn Hospital for a "detailed checkup" late on Thursday and was visited by the king on Friday, the television reports said.

Ailing Thai queen

Thailand's ailing revered Queen Sirikit, admitted to a top Bangkok hospital late Thursday, has returned to normal health with her heartbeat functioning normally, according to an announcement released by Royal Household Bureau.

Hundreds cheer HM on Rama V Day

His Majesty the King has marked the 100th anniversary of his grandfather's death by paying his respects to the statue of King Rama V at Siriraj Hospital. - Bangkok Post

King's birthday dazzles crowds - Bangkok Post

The nation has entered into the spirit of celebrations as the nine-day official festival to celebrate the 83rd birthday of His Majesty the King.

From royalblog.nl:

Thailand on Sunday marked the 83rd birthday of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world's longest-reigning monarch, but elaborate celebrations could not mask concern over his health and the future of the royal institution.

Read more here (including several pictures).

US Embassy cables: Thai Queen Sirikit encouraged 2006 coup - The Guardian
Former Thai Prime-Minister says the Queen was 'responsible' for 2006 coup - Foreign Policy

I too wish the king good health, just as I wish a speedy recovery to the victims of his prime minister, and extend my condolences to the familes of those Thais gunned down in their own streets. Kings should unify their subjects not side with bloodthirsty power elites.

:previous::flowers:How is the situation right now ? I've seen by only way Internet ,hopefully for Thailand is going to be healing and peace, i can tell that i've around with alots people there and not being confuse about the colors as well,hope everyone are perseverance for the righteous, and doing great jobs for your reconciliation.:)

It would be so awesome if the king of Thailand came to visit the city of his birth..Cambridge,MA.

It would be so awesome if the king of Thailand came to visit the city of his birth..Cambridge,MA.

He did visit Mount Auburn Hospital on 7th July 1960 and met a doctor who delivered him, Dr. W. Stewart Whittemore, and gave him a cigarette box which inscribed "To my first friend, Doctor Whittmore, with Affectionate regard".

Thailand marks King's coronation anniversary - Channel NewsAsia
Thailand on May 5th, 2011, marked the anniversary of the coronation of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the most important person in Thailand, bar none.
On the anniversary of King Bhumibol's coronation, officials and civilians gathered at town halls in Nonthaburi, just outside Bangkok, to pledge their loyalty.

Thai king recovering following operation - royal household | Reuters
The king, who has been in hospital since September 2009, was receiving antibiotics intravenously after a 30-minute surgical procedure late on Monday, the bureau said in a rare statement on his health.

Queen Sirikit has a lot to answer for, a more schemeing and kniving consort would be hard to find. Some royal families we could do without.

What has Queen Sirikit ever done? She is a very kind and caring lady who has done a lot for the Thai people.

Bangkok Post : King of hearts, beloved of all
His Majesty the King made his first public appearance since his May 2 operation on Tuesday. It was an event that brought joy and happiness to all Thai people. Dressed in a pink, short-sleeved shirt and khaki trousers and, as always, with a camera slung across his chest, he made his way in a wheelchair from the Chalerm Prakiat building to the Siriraj pier to observe the water level in the Chao Phraya River. Later on, the King laid wreaths at the statues of Prince Mahidol of Songkhla, the Princess Mother and King Rama V.
The King's activities were closely watched by thousands of people who appeared overwhelmed with joy at the mere sight of his presence.

The King, who has spent most of his time at the hospital since admission in September, 2009, underwent an operation on May 2 to drain excess cerebro-spinal fluid. The operation went well as the volume of the fluid has decreased satisfactorily and there are no complications. This is very welcome news, and thanks are due to his medical team.

Bangkok Post : Majesties perform royal bathing rites
TM the King and Queen yesterday performed royal bathing rites for HRH Princess Bejraratana at the Piman Rathaya Throne Hall inside the Grand Palace.
The King has declared a 100-day mourning period for members of the royal family and palace officials. The princess's body will be kept at the Dusit Maha Prasart Throne Hall at the Grand Palace during the mourning period.
The government has also declared a 15-day mourning period for HRH Princess Bejraratana, with flags to be lowered to half-mast.

The 16th edition of "Our Respected and Beloved Queen",a showcase of more than 500 paintings by amateur and professional artists,opens tomorrow at the Montien Hotel .The exhibition is dedicated to HM the Queen who turns 79 on August 12.Proceeds from sale of paintings will go to the Thai Red Cross Society.
Bangkok Post : Paintings hail HM the Queen

Bangkok Post : Queen frets over South
Her Majesty the Queen yesterday deplored the escalation of violence in the deep South and denounced attacks on monks as an infringement of religious freedom.
Her Majesty voiced concern over the southern troubles during a speech on the eve of her 79th birthday today to a gathering of cabinet members, dignitaries, high-ranking government officials and members of the public at the Dusitdalai Pavilion.

a little query

What have Our Queen done to you, may I ask?

Nothing haven done to me either,but just looking to his pictures its my privillage,and to know about his or her majesry activities isn't it quite interesting?anyway now i have problem coz during i am posting its required to log in again and again via my mobile.God bless the cute King!

:previous:
When you log in ensure you tick the 'remember me' box.

Bangkok Post : HM falls ill as he sees the suffering
His Majesty the King was so concerned for flood victims he fell ill last week, although the monarch's condition has improved, HRH Princess Chulabhorn said yesterday
The princess made the statement while visiting and giving donations to flood victims in Pathum Thani yesterday.
She said that about a week ago, His Majesty the King had been watching flood news stories on television for five hours.
She said the monarch, who has been concerned for people suffering from the deluge, was probably stressed and fell ill as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom