King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Diamond Jubilee, June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
during the gala dinner

also before the gala dinner, the royals were walking from the back of Chakri Throne Hall via the connection room to Boromma Ratcha Sathit Maholan Throne Hall (the Banquet Hall)
notice how they also have escalators for the guests who prefer not to use the stairs..

(from palaces.thai.net)

Last edited:
after the gala banquet

also the Thai royal family

Queen Sofia & Prince Henrik during the dinner.. reading their menus.

(from palaces.thai.net)

purple_platinum said:
Iparity, who's the princess on the last picture?
The Princess in the last Pic is HRH Princess Siribhachudhabhorn, First daughter of HRH Princess Chulabhorn.. She just graduated fine art from Silapakorn University.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing Pictures from the royal Barge Procession ... look at the sky and sunlight

After the rain
G4451096-0.jpg

The firstly arrival barges
G4451096-1.jpg

Approximately mid of the procession
- there is a few couples of barges from this point to The Suphannahongsa Royal Barge. -
G4451096-2.jpg

Arriving of Suphannahongsa Royal Barge ... look at how the sun was shrining
G4451096-3.jpg

The moon on that night
G4451096-4.jpg

(I got all the pics from Pantip.com but there is the name "Supoj" - name of photographer i thingk - on the Pics)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, Iparity. I especially like the last one.. wow.. it's even a full moon! The sky is amazingly set..

okay.. let's continue on from pictures from palaces.thai.net

13 JUNE 2006

The golden commemorative coin given to each of the royal representative

still from the Gala Dinner

leaving the Grand Palace

(from palaces.thai.net)

Last edited:
Sayyid Shihab bin Tariq Taimour Al Said (Advisor to the Sultan of Oman)

King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia biding their farewell

Prince Henrik also say his farewell with cheek kisses..

(from palaces.thai.net)

Last edited:
Queen Sofia of Spain

on the way down and back to 'her' mercedes benz car

(from palaces.thai.net)

Crown Prince Jigme of Bhutan

Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco

Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Maxima of Netherlands

(from palaces.thai.net)

Willem-Alexander & Maxima leaving..

(from palaces.thai.net)

Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit leaving

(from palaces.thai.net)

Crown Prince Philippe & Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium leaving

(from palaces.thai.net)

and lastly, the Thai Royal Family on 13 June 2006

Princess Sirindhorn & Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn waiting for their royal guests

(from palaces.thai.net)

umm.. just a little annecdote. This news appeared from Kompas (Indonesia's national newspaper, but originally it's from the intl news wire).

Notice how all the royals have their own S-class Mercedes Benz cars? Usually on royal gatherings, the royals would just be gathered up on a royal bus or something, but well, the personalised Thai treatment is very well organized so each royal have their own driver, car, and entourage (assistant or guide, or something).
Well, after the 2-days royal celebration, the S-class MercedesBenz cars (which probably amount up to 50 more-or-less) were fight for by the rich people of Thailand. The cars originally loaned by the MercedesBenz suppliers, but at the end, they're all offered to the public and people actually fight for it and put on the waiting list. Essentially, they want cars that were sat on by King, Queen, Prince, and Princess.
Hmm.. what a splendid way to organize things, not only they provide 1st class treatment, but actually made lots of profits from selling the cars. :lol: :ROFLMAO:

thanks a lot purple platinum! Fantastic pictures! :)

Every now and then I take a look at this thread (I love it so much) and every time you have some really great surprises for me, Jess! Thank you so much for searching for new pics all the time! :flowers:

purple_platinum said:
More from the Thai Government's website :

2 more from EPA-ANP :

Why didn't Corwn Princess Mathilde wear a tiara? Did she forget to bring it or she didn't want to wear one?

Nutsakolpach

Hello, community
I wish I could be in Thailand when the 60th Anniversary of His Majesty the King Bhumibol on the throne. However, I saw video clips and fantastic pictures through www.kanchanapisek.or.th I know a lot more about the royal projects and how tremendous devotion the King has created for Thai people. Long Live the King
I am still having my duty to accomplish in the U.S.
I miss Thailand very much!

Gift from the Royal Thai Army

The Royal Thai Army has built the new throne to offer to King Bhumibol Adulyadej as the commemoration of the Sixtieth Anniversary Celebrations of His Majesty’s Accession to the Throne

The throne has been engraved from the golden teak wood covered with lacquer and plated with gold. The details of the throne are initiated from the Quintet of Royal Regalia which comprise of the Great Crown of Victory, the Sword of Victory, the Royal Staff, the Royal Fan and Royal Whisk and the Royal Up-turned Slippers. The arms are designed with the Royal Garuda on the left and the Royal whiteape-man on the right. The Special component of the throne is the Great Crown of Victory that made of 100% gold weight of 912 grams. (60 Baht in Thai unit and 1 Baht of Gold equal 15.2 grams)

The backrest and the cushion are padded with the dark red velvet embroidered with golden thread as the royal initial under the Great Crown of Victory.

Pic from Manager.co.th
http://pics.manager.co.th/Images/549000016849401.JPEG
http://pics.manager.co.th/Images/549000016849402.JPEG
http://pics.manager.co.th/Images/549000016849403.JPEG
http://pics.manager.co.th/Images/549000016849404.JPEG
http://pics.manager.co.th/Images/549000016849405.JPEG

Thanks for your update, iparity.
I've just had a chance to watch this cerebration from DVD yesterday.:wub:

Correction

purple_platinum said:
from 60th Celebrations' website :
List of Monarchs and Their Representatives to Join the Celebrations for the 60th Anniversary of His Majesty's Accession to the Throne

ps. the royal website only mentioned the royal representatives, not along with the princess/queen consort (so we might see an extended guestlist later on)
Hans Adam of Liechtenstein did not go, he was represented by his son and heir, prince Aloys.
You forgot to mention also, the First lady of Qatar, Her Highness, Sheika Mozah.
Regards.
Julito (correcting errors) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's now been almost 17 months since this lovely celebration and I still love to look through the thread and absorb all the wonderful details! Thanks so much, especially to Jess, but also to everyone who has contributed.

Thanks for this very wonderful thread, I really enjoyed it, it's very colourful and entertaining and the pictures were great too. More than an excellent thread:flowers::flowers::flowers:

It seems that it was a very publuc event and.many european royals are there

Back
Top Bottom