The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Thailand

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful pictures of Grand Palace of Bangkok & the Chao Phraya River during the diamond jubilee celebrations
(from pantip)

Old 06-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Could someone let me know why black is forbidden to wear in Thailand. What about funerals?
One newspaper report said the Queen wore black but her dress for the banquet sure looked brown to me and a gorgeous dress I must say, my favorite.

Another thing that I observed and maybe it has been covered before, if so my apologies, but I noticed that the majority of Royal woman did not wear tiaras.

Charlotte

Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Nobility

I can only answer your question about funerals as I did see a whole bunch of photos of the funeral of Ubol Ratana's son. All members of the Royal family were dressed in black, so I guess it is permitted for funerals..

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures
Could someone let me know why black is forbidden to wear in Thailand. What about funerals?
One newspaper report said the Queen wore black but her dress for the banquet sure looked brown to me and a gorgeous dress I must say, my favorite.

Another thing that I observed and maybe it has been covered before, if so my apologies, but I noticed that the majority of Royal woman did not wear tiaras.

Charlotte
Old 06-17-2006, 05:32 AM
Commoner

Where did you get this picture. I have looking for it but cannot find it.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysamnuan
Another lovely pic of Pss Ubolratana and her two daughters during the celebration
(from pantip.com)
Thank you for sharing the pic with us. Khun Mai's grown taller than Khun Ploy now. Both are as stunning as their mother.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beate
I can only answer your question about funerals as I did see a whole bunch of photos of the funeral of Ubol Ratana's son. All members of the Royal family were dressed in black, so I guess it is permitted for funerals..
Yes, in Thai culture, black wardrobes had been suitable only for sad events like funerals. But nowadays, it has changed. We can dress up in black colour for banquets or in business. However, for happy events such as wedding ceremonies or Buddhist ceremonies, if we wear black colours, we will be justified by other people that we don't have tact.:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janevlierd
Where did you get this picture. I have looking for it but cannot find it.
The formal website (http://www.thaiphotocenter.com/index.php) for this glorious events is no longer in service. I don't know the reason.:(
Old 06-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Aristocracy

Who's the woman behind trying to take photos,is she the King's duaghter?
Old 06-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

these are photos someone i know captured them so enjoy !!:)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_LoOkKaEW__G_0606131906.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	249851   Click image for larger version

Name:	CA9PF7UK.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	249852   Click image for larger version

Name:	_LoOkKaEW__G_0606131903.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	249853   Click image for larger version

Name:	13mog013.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	249854  

Old 06-17-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomé
Who's the woman behind trying to take photos,is she the King's duaghter?
Yes ,

She is Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn . :)
Old 06-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Nobility

I thought (apart from the yellow suit) that what Lalla Salma wore in Thailand was stunning. Particularly the white kaftan.

STUNNING!!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

June 17, 2006

Thai people hold candles as they look at a giant image of King Bhumibol Adulyadej projected on a screen during an event to celebrate the king's 60th years in the throne held at a sport complex in Bangkok, Thailand, on Saturday June 17, 2006. (AP Photo/Sakchai Lalit/Polfoto)

Bangkok, THAILAND: Fireworks light the sky in Bangkok as thousands of Thai well-wishers gathered to mark the 60th anniversary on the throne of revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej, 17 June 2006. Royalty from 25 countries came to Thailand last week for a Grand Palace banquet for the 78-year-old king and other glittering events, including a rare procession of 52 elaborately carved royal barges on the Chao Praya River. (AFP/Getty Images)

Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

several more unposted pictures :

on 13 June 2006

Prince Albert & Prince Alois visiting Jim Thompson House

Queen of Malaysia

Queen Silvia arriving for gala banquet on 13 June 2006

Prince Andrew & Grand Duke Henri arriving at Royal Navy Club on 12 June 2006

(sources : manager & getty)
Old 06-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

All the news on King Carl Gustav & Queen Silvia's private visit to Phuket can be found here

while, all the news on Crown Prince Jigme of Bhutan's trip to Phuken can also be found here
Old 06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
ps. Why is the Sultan of Brunei in front of the plane, is he flying it himself?
it's possible since the sultan knows how to fly a plane!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

for me salma wasn't by far the most beautiful princess in Thailand ceremony, it's true that she has a pretty shape of eyes, and a nice smile, but she also many features that aren't at all pretty
for me, her face lack of grace ( I saw her by near on TV),
I think also that because there aren't many red-haired princesses and her look is enough theatrical (her hairs and her clothes), journalists focus on her
already, in MRF she isn't the most pretty, for me she is in the best in the fifth position, after Meryem, Hasna, Soukaina and zeineb
Old 06-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Couture of the court

Regal dignity and casual flair mingled memorably in the costumes of Thailand's royal guests

The celebrations for His Majesty the King's 60th anniversary have had Bangkok awash in colour and spectacle. And while his citizens have set the country alight in a blaze of yellow commemorative shirts, the costumes of the visiting heads of state also provided a visual feast, a rare show of royal colour from all over the globe.
The array of regalia on view for this auspicious occasion has made for some fascinating fashion viewing. Many of the images that will remain with us are the more intimate glimpses of the visiting dignitaries in relatively casual attire taking in the sights of the city......................
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006...t_30006819.php

This week's point de vue also has a 15page coverage of the diamond jubilee
images from pointdevue.fr
Old 06-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Lalla Salma always dresses appropriately for the wife of a king, never too casual and smart - even if you don't approve of the colours. It needs somebody with flamboyant colouring like Salma's to be able to carry off such a rich shade of red and those jewels. Redheads are flamboyant to look at, that is part of their charm. Brunette isn't the only type that can look good.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:50 PM

Hi! Everybody!

My name is Chantira. I am Thai.
I am very happy to tell you that HRH Princess Lalla Salma was one of the most popular monarchs in the royal gathering in Bangkok last week. She has all the attributes that make people admire her; her beauty, youth, intelligence, personality. In the official functions, she was stunningly beautiful, and very correct. When she went sightseeing on a private basis, the media also reported that she was very charming, and easy-going. She also observed the muslim traditions very strictly. It was reported that the hotel area where she stayed was all closed off to men. The hotel was requested to send only female staff to serve her and her entourage. In short, everything she did during her stay only endeared her to Thai people.

To do the Princess justice, on the matter of her wearing yellow dresses during the official functions, I think she was being very polite and very correct on etiquette. Yellow is the color of the King of Thailand, both as the color of H.M. King Bhumiphol's birthday (Monday), and the color of the royal standard. As most of you must have seen from the pictures, Thai people are wearing yellow everywhere now. So I think the Princess must have intentionally worn yellow dresses on two occasions as a courtesy to our King, which was really greatly appreciated. :)
Old 06-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

Three Princesses in Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn' Family at the royal banquet
(Pics from Pantip.com)

Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Nobility

when you look on www.vtm.be en than click on 'programma's A to Z' than pick 'Royalty' and than on the right you see 'herbekijke royalty' you can watch the programm of last sunday.. with very good views of Mathilde and Maxima:) :)