The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Thailand

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
Thank you, clymène!
Can you just give me the website? :)
Thank you in advance!
Here it is Juanita
www.thaiphotocenter.com/index.php
you'll have to select the date and the royal departures of each country.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Courtier

I think this event will boost more Thailand's tourism industry, manything looks more beautiful than in normal day, bravo for Thailand people and their royal family....

Old 06-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Nobility

A Big Thank You To All

Thanks once again for everyone's hard work in posting pictures and information.

I know alot more about Thailand and the Royal Family now.

A Diamond Jubilee does not happen very often in one's lifetime.

I agree with another poster that it would have been much better if the Monarchs of some countries had "moved heaven and earth" to come instead of sending representatives. I would assume if the "shoe was on the other foot" they would want that for themselves if they reach such a milestone.

Thanks again and "God Bless"

Charlotte
Old 06-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Royals explore the delights of Bangkok

http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/...6/14/thailand/
Old 06-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Gentry

Hi!

I am interested in where Princess Maxima, Princess Mathilde, Princess Mette-Marit, Empress Michiko, Sultan of Brunei, Queen Sophia stayed? Do you think they stayed in the hotels? Which ones?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for your enthusiasm with the Thai Royal Family...

However, i would be moving the general discussion on the Thai RF to their Current Events thread, which you can found here :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f88/royal-family-thailand-current-events-part-2-a-7067-4.html

This thread is reserved for the Diamond Jubilee's news & photos.
You're all welcome for discussion over at the Current Events thread, as many have mentioned, our Thai members will try their best to give their answers.

purple_platinum
Thai Forum Moderator
Old 06-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It was a GREAT event:) Few days of fun for royals and for us.
We saw few new, gorgeous gowns, outfits, jewels and of course our beautiful ladies and handsome gentlemen too :)

What I can say more... Pity that's the end. But we have photos here.

Btw. What will be the next event so wonderful as this?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Crown Prince Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan is a very handsome man .
Old 06-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Commoner

Anybody has close up photo of Ploypailin?
Old 06-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
Is there any list of the Royal's departures?
Just to know if they already left or not Thailand....
This is the list of Royal who have departed from Bangkok
(the order is according to Thai Government's website)
  1. UAE's Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan
  2. Jordan's King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein
  3. Britain's Duke of York
  4. Norway's Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit & Prince Sverre Magnus
  5. Sayyid Shihab bin Tariq Taimour Al Said of Oman
  6. Dutch's Crown Prince Willem-Alexander & Crown Princess Maxima
  7. Belgium's Crown Prince Philippe & Crown Princess Mathilde
  8. Monaco's Prince Albert II
  9. Cambodia's King Norodom Sihamoni
  10. Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri
  11. Morocco's Princess Lalla Salma
  12. Brunei's Sultan Hasannal Bolkiah
  13. Malaysia's King Sirajuddin & Queen Fauziah
Qatar's Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani also left, although i'm not sure when.

Liechtenstein's Prince Alois is scheduled to visit Wat Chai Wattanaram & Wat Phra si Sanphet, and lastly Bang Pa-In Palace. All in Ayutthaya, near Bangkok.

King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia are to continue with their private visit to Phuket. (see here & here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ine
Anybody has close up photo of Ploypailin?
here's pictures of Princess Ubol Ratana with her 2 daughters (all cropped from ThaiPhotoCenter)

Old 06-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Nobility

For me the better dressed during this celebration was Princess Maxima, lovely all the time
The cutest, princess Mette Maritt
The most royal, Princess Mathilde
I liked the way to be of these princesses during the celebration, they were so simple and elegant
About princess Salma, I think that it was a good idea for the king to send her at this celebration, because it was an occasion for her to see the way to be of other princesses, I think that she saw very nice princesses, she saw how they behave in public, how they converse, etc... , lalla salma can learn a lot during these festivities
About her look, the yellow suit was beautiful, but the color don't suit her, this color would be very nice if she wasn’t red-haired, I think that the white suit, that she wore at her arrival , would be more appropriate for her, (and for an arrival it was too much)
Her white Kaftan would be beautiful, without the yellow trimming, but with them, it's of very bad taste, her belt also, isn't nice
The red Kaftan is beautiful, but the mass of red hairs with the red kaftan it's too much, and in more with the green jewels it's very flashy
For what I saw on TV, she seemed to have difficulties to be calm in public, for example, at the dinner when the king gave her a gift, she could say thanks and a simple sentence to thank him, but she began to speak with excitation with her hands, and she don’t stop to incline herself in front of the royal couple, (I think that, one when she received the gift, and one, at the end would be sufficient), it was very funny to see the royal couple so calm, and lalla salma so excited
another thing, during the dinner, at the moment of the speech, other persons listened to the speech politely, but she (and she was near to the person who made the speech), she seemed completely out, she looked at the ground, and her look was lost, (she seemed sad), I think that the gentleman, didn't speak during hours, and she could listen to him during few minutes

To finish, I can say that even if the choice of her clothes is better than before, she does always errors, in the choice of the color, or the jewels, or to adapt the suit with the event, or in the manner to dress her hairs, (perhaps she likes to be flashy, but for me all these are errors of taste)
Old 06-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry
yes he is... how old is he, does anybody know?
I posted some information on him on this thread :
Kingdom of Bhutan

---
On 13 June 2006, while his fellow royals are touring Bangkok, King Abdullah of Jordan meet with the Thai Prime Minister at his office.
(pictures from Petra)

---
KING BY EXAMPLE
Royal visitors praise His Majesty at lavish Diamond Jubilee banquet

As the longest-reigning guest monarch, His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah spoke on behalf of the other royals during the banquet in the Chakri Throne Hall last night.
"We are here, Your Majesty, to honour you and your people and to honour your life as their leader, their inspiration and their revered Head of State," he said.

Sultan Bolkiah emphasised that the monarchs and representatives from 25 countries around the world had come to honour the "substance" of the King's reign, although they recognised that it is "one of the longest in history".
"Its 60 years are not just 60 years in the history of Thailand. They are, in so many ways, the history of our times, the good and the bad, the joyous and the sad, the exciting and the desperate."
The Sultan said that these years have brought the most rapid and far-reaching changes ever seen in man's history.
"They have challenged every aspect of our existence, above all, as sovereign nations," he added.
But at critical moments, the King had risen to the occasion to lead with dignity, wisdom and courage.
"You have never sought to distance yourself from the lives of your people. You have never asked them to be followers or mere subjects. You have shared their joys, fears and disappointments," he said.

"You inspire us all and we, Your Majesty's peers and admirers, honour you most deeply for this."
"You have made them deeply proud of their heritage and their identity. You have made your people feel that the Kingdom of Thailand is indeed their own Kingdom. Above all, I feel you - you have given them confidence.
"Much of this comes from Your Majesty's own personal achievements. These have rightly been a source of great inspiration to your people whether academic, artistic and scientific, or in the most human of terms the simple example of a good and loving father."
These achievements - recognised by the United Nations Lifetime Achievement Award conferred on the King last month - explained why the King also carries the title "The Great".
But the monarchs have a "simpler title that expresses our feelings," he said.
"You are Our Friend and Our Most Respected Colleague," he added.
"You inspire us all and we, Your Majesty's peers and admirers, honour you most deeply for this," the Sultan said.
Attending the celebration had been "a privilege" he added, thanking the government for organising the events.

The Sultan spoke after the King led a toast to the royal guests. The King said their journey to the celebration was an "auspicious sign" of the friendship between their countries and Thailand.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/14Jun2006_news01.php
Old 06-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Special birthday gifts for two royal visitors

Prince Henrik of Denmark and Prince Alois of Liechtenstein have each received a special birthday gift from Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. They were given gift baskets from Phu Fa store, a chain that was initiated by the princess in 2001 to support village development in remote rural areas.

Princess Sirindhorn presented the birthday gifts to the princes upon their arrival in Bangkok on June 11.
Each basket contained a Thai traditional backrest pillow, a towel, a jug, glasses, a notebook, a writing pad, pens, two caps and a polo shirt.
Each item has a drawing by the princess of an elephant, dog or rabbit printed or stitched on it. The rabbit drawings are her latest collection, launched on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of His Majesty the King's accession to the throne.
There are two pictures: a rabbit playing a trombone, representing the King, and an elephant blowing a trumpet, representing herself.

An official working at the Office of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's Projects said the princess asked that the birthday gift sets be prepared for the two princes ahead of their arrival on Sunday.
''The princess selected Phu Fa products because she wanted to promote locally made souvenirs and, of course, Phu Fa's business,'' said the official, who declined to be named.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/14Jun2006_news04.php

Prince Albert praises King as role model
Festivities 'show how Thais adore monarch'
Prince Albert II: `An honour to pay homage'

Prince Albert II of Monaco has praised His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej as a model to the world for his love and caring for his subjects. The prince, visiting Thailand to attend the celebrations of His Majesty's 60th year on the throne, said yesterday he was pleased to witness the festivities and the expression of tremendous affection that Thai people have for their monarch.
''[The event] speaks for itself how the King has been adored. It is also an honour for me and my family to pay homage to His Majesty the King of Thailand during this significant event,'' he said in an interview with the Bangkok Post.

''As the monarch and the head of state, His Majesty has been benevolent in improving the people's way of life, caring for their well-being and being part of their lives either by improving health care or living conditions.
''He stays close to the people and listens to the needs of the people,'' he said.

Prince Albert became ruler of the affluent microstate in July last year after the death of his father, Prince Rainier III. His first official visit to Thailand was 10 years ago in his capacity as heir to the throne.
His second visit is another important step in Thailand-Monaco relations as the two states are about to establish full diplomatic ties following a revision in its treaty with France earlier this month which allows Monaco more independence in foreign affairs. Military defence of the 1.95-sq-km state remains in French hands.
''Our relations have been somewhat successful. Our countries have very happy,
http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/14Jun2006_news03.php

Foreign royalty tour canals
Take in the sights in old capital Thon Buri

A group of foreign royalty yesterday left their hotels in the bustling Bang Rak district of Bangkok for a tour along the canals in Thon Buri, a former capital of old Siam and part of what was once dubbed the ''Venice of the East''. The royal visitors _ Crown Prince Haakon and his consort Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, with baby Prince Sverre Magnus; Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg; Crown Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium, and Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his consort Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, made their first stop at the Temple of Dawn to admire the splendour of the 79-metre-high pagoda or Phra Phang Wat Arun _ a major tourist attraction _ on the tour which lasted nearly three hours.

From the temple, the royal visitors, who looked relaxed in their casual outfits, switched from a wooden barge to a long-tailed boat, a frequent mode of transport for people living along the canal.
As the boat headed for Bangkok Noi canal in the old capital on the west side of the river, people along the banks waved the King's 60th anniversary flags to greet the royal visitors who returned their greetings with smiles, waving back.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/14Jun2006_news02.php

Long lines for commemorative coins

A lot of people have still queued up to exchange for commemorative coins issued to mark the auspicious occasion of His Majesty the King’s 60 years on the throne when state agencies open services on Wednesday after five-day holidays.
A source said the Treasury Department opened the coin exchange service Wednesday morning after the inauguration of the service last Friday, which is announced a special public holiday.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_....php?id=102866

a few more pictures from the Gala Banquet (from epa-anp)

Old 06-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

More pictures from the Gala Banquet from ThaiPRD...
these are all screen captures, so they're not the best quality. too bad..

Old 06-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Just curious. Enything about birthday's gifts for the King Bhumibol?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

more from ThaiPRD

the 1st one is Khun Ploypailin Jensen, elder daughter of Princess Ubol Ratana.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa
...About princess Salma...
well said rosa.
i noticed her excitement whenever she greeted the king and queen of thailand
something is different between her and other princesses. They looked calm, but she doesn’t. she seems flashy and over looked.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Lovely picture of Pss Ubolratana(C) and her two daughters, Ploypailin (L) and Sirikitiya (R) during the Diamond Jubilee from pantip.com
Old 06-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysamnuan
Lovely picture of Pss Ubolratana(C) and her two daughters, Ploypailin (L) and Sirikitiya (R) during the Diamond Jubilee from pantip.com
Sad that her son Khun Bhumi don't alive to this time.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Just curious. Enything about birthday's gifts for the King Bhumibol?
I think it was said that Prince Henrik brought a sculpture by him and a painting by Queen Margrethe.