King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Diamond Jubilee, June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GREAT NEWS!
Thai Palaces' Website has released more pictures of the H.M. the King's 60th Anniversary of His Accession to the Throne's Celebration.
All of these information is thanks to Iparity.

There are so many zip files to choose & download, so it might take a while, but it's worth it. Here's the website :

http://www.palaces.thai.net/king60/

Here are some of the unposted photos from the Gala Banquet (June 13, 2006) from palaces.thai.net :

Arrival of the Royal Guests received by CP Vajiralongkorn & Princess Sirindhorn :

Princess Sirindhorn greeting the line of the Thai girls who welcomed the guests

More from the Gala Banquet (from palaces.thai.net)

Dutch, Norwegian, and Belgian Crownprincely Couples are presented with Royal Commemorative Coin by the King & Queen

Last edited:

The King & Queen

Queen Sofia of Spain presenting "Toison de Oro' to King Bhumibol Adulyadej

Hey Jess, great find!!! These pics are incredible, watching them makes you feel as though you are among the guests –all these details are amazing. This is definitively the thread of the year:)

Oh wow!!!!! :eek: The King and Queen are holding hands in that pic. Jess you make me cry. Thanks so much for all the wonderful pics.

purple_platinum said:

Dutch, Norwegian, and Belgian Crownprincely Couples are presented with Royal Commemorative Coin by the King & Queen

For more information, the Royal Commemorative Coins are made of gold.
On one side of coin represents the national flag of the Kingdom of Thailand and that of the royal guest. on the other side represent the figure of His Majesty.

johann said:
Hey Jess, great find!!! These pics are incredible, watching them makes you feel as though you are among the guests –all these details are amazing. This is definitively the thread of the year:)

I totally agree with Johann! These festivities were so great! If I had to choose one royal event this year which made the biggest impression on me, it has to be King Bhumibol's jubilee! And we still have about 6 months to go! Thank you so much for the enormous effort you're putting into this thread, Jess!

Thanks for all the "thanks", but i just want to say the "thanks" really goes to Iparity for finding us that great website.. i'm still trying to download the photos..

Anyway, here are some more photos from 12 June 2006, from the Tribute of the Foreign Royals for King Bhumibol Adulyadej

(source : palaces.thai.net)

Also from the ceremony on 12 June 2006

(still from palaces.thai.net)

Different kind of question: why Thai princesses doesn't wore tiaras?

Last edited:
More big photos from palaces.thai.net

Since we don't get lots of photos of the Viewing of Royal Barge Procession at the Royal Navy Institute (it's right across the Grand Palace), here are some from that event on 12 June 2006

these 2 are the miniatures of the royal barges.. how cute!

more from the Viewing of the Royal Barge Procession on 12 June 2006.

ps. On the last picture, you can see WA & Maxima's back

(source : palaces.thai.net)

Jess... actually, it's Princess Chulabhorn Walailak in that second pic.

magnik said:
Different kind of question: why Thai princesses doesn't wore tiaras?

That's a good question. According to http://www.geocities.com/rte-stgo/thaitiara.html

Tiaras were common in Europe but were only introduced to Siamese Royals during King Rama V's reign, probably after his travels in Europe. Though King Rama V's queens and consorts were in pocessions of some beautiful tiaras, they were only worn as necklaces.​

It's very rare to see Thai princesses wearing Tiarars even Queen Sirikit herselfe doesn't really wear her tiaras in most royal events in Thailand. That link provides photos of Thai Style-Tiara. I think the style is very unique.​

purple_platinum said:
Thanks for all the "thanks", but i just want to say the "thanks" really goes to Iparity for finding us that great website.. i'm still trying to download the photos..

Finding something is to less comparing with your great effort and contribution
My thanks go to you "purple_platinum".

krissy_au said:
Jess... actually, it's Princess Chulabhorn Walailak in that second pic.
yes, yes, you're right Krissy. I must've mixed them up, it was indeed Princess Chulabhorn talking to her mother. :)

Here are some more unseen moments (from palaces.thai.net)

Last edited:
more from the arrival of royal guests to the royal navy institute (from palaces.thai.net)

1-2 : Prince Henrik of Denmark
3 : Prince Alois of Liechtenstein
4-6 : Prince Albert of Monaco
7 : GD Henri of Luxembourg
8 : King Norodom Sihamoni of Cambodia

th_13345_001_R06_3555_546lo.jpg

Now, from the Opening of King's Exhibition (12 June 2006)

(also from palaces.thai.net)

I can absolutely recommend downloading all this zip-files at (yes, there are many, but it’s worth it). These pictures are a treasure; you can discover so many details.
To remind this wonderful atmosphere, here are some more pics… (palaces.thai.net of course)

still from palaces.thai.net showing King & Queen greeting the public on the balcony, last one is taken from behind (inside the chakri maha phrasat throne hall)

krissy_au said:
That's a good question. According to http://www.geocities.com/rte-stgo/thaitiara.html

Tiaras were common in Europe but were only introduced to Siamese Royals during King Rama V's reign, probably after his travels in Europe. Though King Rama V's queens and consorts were in pocessions of some beautiful tiaras, they were only worn as necklaces.​

It's very rare to see Thai princesses wearing Tiarars even Queen Sirikit herselfe doesn't really wear her tiaras in most royal events in Thailand. That link provides photos of Thai Style-Tiara. I think the style is very unique.​
Thank you krissy_au. Pitty that only the queen wore tiaras, but better that than nothing.

a few behind the scene (inside the chakri maha phrasat throne hall)

(also from palaces.thai.net)

magnik said:
Thank you krissy_au. Pitty that only the queen wore tiaras, but better that than nothing.
actually Princess Ubol Ratana or Princess Chulabhorn also likes to wear a tiara on special occassions, i think she also wore one during this celebration.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
actually Princess Chulabhorn also likes to wear a tiara on special occassions, i think she also wore one during this celebration.
You're right. But they doesn't wear them in Europe events - if they come.For us (if I can wrote it?) the great events like this one must (should) be with the tiaras (wear by all royal ladies).

Btw, I've just thought that maybe they -TRF has the limit number of the tiaras only for a limit number of the ladies? Or maybe they has I don't know -some regulations which say who and on what ocassions can wear the tiara?:D

Last edited:
magnik said:
You're right. But they doesn't wear them in Europe events - if they come.For us (if I can wrote it?) the great events like this one must (should) be with the tiaras (wear by all royal ladies).

Btw, I've just thought that maybe they -TRF has the limit number of the tiaras only for a limit number of the ladies? Or maybe they has I don't know -some regulations which say who and on what ocassions can wear the tiara?:D
Well, i don't think they lack of tiaras, or any kind of jewelries. Take a look at this site (just click on blue-flower button for the detail).. Let's just say them don't emphasize their appearance on purely a tiara. Even if they don't wear a tiara, their delicate dresses, with detailed accessories certainly makes up for the glamour & beauty. :)

Finally, found this great, touching, and tearing speech made by the Sultan of Brunei during the Gala Banquet on 13 June 2006. The words have such deep meaning, and elegantly chosen.

Your Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej,
Your Majesty Queen Sirikit,
Your Majesties,
Your Royal Highnesses,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Your Majesty,
We have the honour and great pleasure to join Your Majesties today for two reasons.

Firstly we are here, like the people everywhere in this proud and ancient Kingdom, to offer a very simple personal message to Your Majesty and your beloved Queen Sirikit.
We offer our warmest congratulations and our heartfelt best wishes to you both and to the people of Thailand . We do this with the deepest of respect.
This occasion, however, demands much more than our simple goodwill no matter how warmly and sincerely it is expressed.

So, there is another equally important reason for our presence in your beautiful country. If there is a single word to express it, Your Majesty, I believe it would be the word, "honour".

We are here, Your Majesty, to honour you and your people and to honour your life as their leader, their inspiration and their revered Head of State.
Your Majesty's reign is one of the longest in history. That, however, is a matter of academic record and we are not here to celebrate mere records.
We are here to honour the substance of that reign. We are here to express our profound esteem for the personal qualities with which Your Majesty has so enriched it.

Its 60 years are not just 60 years in the history of Thailand . They are, in so many ways, the history of our times, the good and the bad, the joyous and the sad, the exciting and the desperate.

These times have brought the most rapid and far-reaching changes ever seen in man's history. They have challenged every aspect of our existence, above all as sovereign nations. They have presented moments when great decisions and judgement have been called for.

To these moments, Your Majesty has brought the dignity, wisdom, courage that we all seek to offer those we are called upon to lead.
You have never sought to distance yourself from the lives of your people. You have never asked them to be followers or mere subjects. You have shared their joys, fears and disappointments.
You have made them deeply proud of their heritage and their identity. You have made your people feel that the Kingdom of Thailand is indeed their own Kingdom. Above all, I feel, you have given them confidence.

Much of this comes from Your Majesty's own personal achievements. These have rightly been a source of great inspiration to your people whether academic, artistic, and scientific, or in the most human of terms the simple example of a good and loving father.

All these achievements have now been recognised by the international community. And we offer you our warmest congratulations on the Lifetime Achievement Award that has been conferred by the United Nations.

Your Majesty, in recognising all these accomplishments some accounts of your reign have accorded you the title 'The Great". We can all understand why.

But, for us who have come to honour you here, a simpler title expresses our feeling. It is a dear and very special title.

You are Our Friend and Our Most Respected colleague.

You inspire us all and we, Your Majesty's peers and admirers, honour you most deeply for this.

We are also extremely grateful to Your Majesty's Government and to Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for the opportunity we have had to express these feelings of great respect in person.

In arranging this unique gathering, they honour us as well. It has been a privilege to share their celebrations on this wonderful occasion and we wish Your Majesties and the people of the Kingdom of Thailand many more years of great happiness and prosperity.

Thank you.
(source : http://www.soravij.com/djdiary13062006.html)

Back
Top Bottom