The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Thailand

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the jewellery is emeralds, not jade, they looked lighter in the previous photo. The dark lipstick is incredibly unbecoming and harsh for her skintone and the red reminds me of a Santa suit! It's the shade of the caftan.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Commoner

sincerely Lalla Salma was beautiful even if she is a little timid.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

I've seen the event in "Euronews",she didn't look timide,but really beautiful and comfortable talking with princess Mathilde.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Lalla Salma is absolutely stunning. It is wonderful to see that she is wearing the traditional caftan. I hope the countries that have traditional clothing will keep their traditions at least for some formal occassions.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

This is an amazing photo of Queen Sofia!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1150226120
Old 06-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Europes 3 blond Crown Princesses paying their resepcts, I have never seen MAthilde have so beautiful (and big) hair as today) thaiphotocenter

and a few more
Old 06-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Thai police officers salute United Kingdom's Prince Andrew (C), Duke of York, as he leaves for the UK at Bangkok International Airport, 13 June 2006

from profimedia

Old 06-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Hashim with King Abdullah

Thaiphotocenter
Old 06-13-2006, 08:47 PM

proud Thai

I have long been a member but never posted anything. I think this is a perfect occasion. I am overjoyed by this occasion, words cannot describe how thankful I am of the royal guests in coming to join us Thais. I am living abroad now and watch the telecast though the internet. I have never seen my king grins as much as these past couple of days.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:38 PM

a thousand of thank you from Thailand.

I'm sure if you ask anyone who Thai about our King,it's will be in the same answer.
We love our King more than our life.

Not just HM's the King, but it's all greatest things he done not for himself just for his people.

I'm so pround to born here, in a wonderful country and have a wonderful father like him.

Long Live the King.
ขอพระองค์ทรงพระเจริญยิ่งยืนนาน ด้วยเกล้าด้วยกระหม่อม ขอเดชะ
Old 06-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Deaprture, Norway, there are the other departures as well but they take so long to download and upload, Thaiphotocenter

Departure Belgium
Old 06-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

More departures from Thai PhotoCenter
Cambodia, Netherladns, Monaco, Oman

Morocco, Gettyimage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71200066.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	249141  
Old 06-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Courtier

http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?...00060salma.jpgPrincess salma leaving from GettyImages
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71200060salma.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	249139  
Old 06-14-2006, 03:57 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, This is amazing jubilee. My Thai friend give some info about the party and make me very impressed. All food ingredient come from the King's Royal project that help poor people in the northern part of Thailand. Before this project Thailand does not have any expensive kind of western food and have to import. Thai King got the idea that if poor people can grow western fruit and vegetable and sell, they will able to have a better life. This royal project is hughly success and now Thailand can export these products and many poor people have a very good life. Wow Thai King is really a great King for me.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Courtier

This thread is a feast for the eyes. Many thanks to all the picture-hunters, especially to Jess - great work. I have never seen anything like this; the Thai people have really done their best, they are brilliant hosts!

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde leaving the banquet and Thailand – must have been a wonderful experience. Source: profimedia.cz and anp-photo.com

Old 06-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks everybody for providing the pictures and information. The Thai celebrations were very impressive with lots and lots of 'pomp and circumstance'.

In overall I must say I am impressed by Mette-Marit, she made some major improvements (though I did not care that much for the red dress). Mathilde was her elegant self as usual, and especially very beautiful in her flower-dress. Maxima was another big surprise for me. She dressed great during the entire visit. Everything looked elegant on her and finally she knows what to do with her hair (for now anyway). My favourite dress was the last one, from Valentino, she looked amazing in it, it was a pity that she had to wear a sash over it IMO. The bandeau tiara was very elegant on her, and the stones are amazing. On some pictures you can see the light reflecting from the diamonds on her hair.

Queen Sophia looked great as well and Sylvia was her usual smashing self.
I very much liked Lalla Slama's traditional dresses, she looked great in them. and she has the most gorgeous red hair I have ever seen.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

More of Lalla Salma Departing, from Thai Photo Center

a very good event IMO, one of the best really.
I was pleasantly suprised by Maxima, usually I find her dressing a little over the top, but she has toned it down, I especially liked the Valentino gown and the grey coctail dress, nice to see her finally sorting her hair for all events I also like Mette-Marits blue dress very much, and the hair a wast improvement from the swedish bash, I did not think the pink dress was all that flattering but nice to see she has discovered other colors than navy and grey. My favorites were the Queen of Spain who seems to really dig in her jewellery box and wear all tha is available to her theese days and Lalla Salma, who was very elegant on all events, in both traditional and western clothes. But most of all I liked the way the Thai celebrated their King and how they threated their guests.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:24 AM
Courtier

I agree with Larzen's post above.
About the photos: I think princess Salma should attach her hair to prevent the airport "strong" wind:)
Old 06-14-2006, 05:31 AM
Nobility

I personnaly liked her hair, and her suit very much!!
Old 06-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visit Wat Mahathat in the ancient Thai capital of Ayutthaya, 80 km (50 miles) north of Bangkok, 14 June 2006. The Emperor and Empress visited the ancient Thai capital after taking part in several days of ceremonies celebrating the 60th anniversary of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej's accession to the throne.

From Profimedia

Below
#1-2: Profimedia
#3-4: Polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NWS-1055871.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	249159   Click image for larger version

Name:	NWS-1055874.jpg
Views:	55