Death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej: October 13, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wyevale

Heir Apparent
City
Herefordshire
Country
United Kingdom
The Royal Household Bureau has announced the death of His Majesty.

May he [and Thailand] rest in peace.

Many sources (such as Jonathan Head @pakhead, BBC corespondent in BKK) reported that there is going to be a very important announcement around 5.30 pm. (GMT+7) announced by the palace.

Dutch newspaper says he has died. Not sure i it's true though...

Rumours abound here in Thailand, but we have to wait patiently for the official announcement by the Palace, expected at 6pm. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I've had Thai television on this morning via an online stream. It went suddenly from a piece about computers to a placecard which said "National Council for Peace" and then began showing footage of the King with sad music over the top of it. Therefore, I think it's now safe to say that the rumours are true and the King has indeed died. How sad.

I pray for the King wether he is still with us or not and for the unity and stability of Thailand.

We all know that the inevitable has happened. Still, it will not be official until announced by the Palace. It's a very sensitive issue for all Thai people. Now we heard that the announcement is coming at 7pm, but who knows...

Reuters is now quoting a palace statement which says the King died this morning.

Last edited:
May he rest in peace and may his family will be strong to cope with the loss.

May His Majesty rest in peace and may the new King have a long and peaceful reign as his father did.

Official statement from the palace has just confirmed His Majesty's death. The king is dead, long live the king.

Officially announced on Thai television. My entire office is in tears...

RIP Your Majesty...
Your suffering has finally ended.

:thaiflag::crown7:

His Majesty passed away at 3.52 pm. (GMT+7) on October 13, 2016, official statement said. Now all television channels and media in Thailand turn their screen in black color.

BBC has announced the death of His Majesty. RIP

What very sad news,Rest in Peace Your Majesty.

RIP Your Majesty the King. Sad news for all Thai people and Your Majesty's family.

I hope Her Majesty is okay.

May he rest in peace and all good wishes to the new King
BYe Bine

How I hoped he would make it to his 89th birthday. May His Majesty R.I.P :thaiflag:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom