The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Thailand

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Gentry

Official statement from Bureau of the Royal Household was read earlier this evening in a nationwide broadcast :

Quote:
Announcement of Bureau of the Royal Household

His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej Mahitalathibet Ramathibodi Chakkrinaruebodin Sayamminthrathirat Borommanatthabophit passes away.

His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej Mahitalathibet Ramathibodi Chakkrinaruebodin Sayamminthrathirat Borommanatthabophit stayed at Siriraj Hospital since Friday October 3rd, 2014 to treat his illness as announced by the bureau accordingly.

Despite the utmost effort by a team of physicians was made to heal His Majesty's condition, His Majesty's health does not recover and deteriorates respectively, however. Until Thursday October 13th, 2016 at 15.52 O'clock, His Majesty peacefully passed away at Siriraj Hospital. His Majesty was 89 years old and reigned for 70 years in total.

Bureau of the Royal Household
October 13th, 2016.
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Old 10-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Gentry

His Majesty's biography by History Channel :

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

"Soul of the Nation" by BBC :

Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Commoner

May he rest in peace.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

His Majesty The King of Bhutan received the news of the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand with immense sorrow.
His Majesty, His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo, members of the Royal Family led a group of clergy, senior government officials and the Thai community in Bhutan, in offering a thousand butter lamps and prayers in memory of King Bhumibol at the Kuenra of the Tashichhodzong.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...10&oe=586D28C9
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...09252817_o.jpg
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...67263606_o.jpg
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...41833491_o.jpg
Old 10-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
May one king long be remembered for his dedication and devotion to his people and may another king remember to follow in his footsteps.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Condolences to all Thai people! I know what the King meant to you. But I do wonder if the monarchy can survive the new King....!

This is so touching! Tears coming into my eyes seeing HM praying for the late Thai Majesty!
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...09252817_o.jpg
Old 10-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Gentry

Official statement from Office of the Prime Minister was read earlier in a nationwide broadcast :

Quote:
Announcement of Office of the Prime Minister regarding of the death of His Majesty the King

According to the announcement of Bureau of the Royal Household regarding of the death of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej Mahitalathibet Ramathibodi Chakkrinaruebodin Sayamminthrathirat Borommanatthabophit dated October 13th, 2016, The government has been acknowledged with great sorrows, thus appropriately agrees to announce as follows:

All public places, state enterprises, governmental departments and educational institutions to lower the flags at half-mast for thirty days since October 14th, 2016 henceforth. Second, state officials, state enterprise employees and government officers to mourn for one year since October 14th, 2016 henceforth. For ordinary citizens, please consider to proceed appropriately.

Announced on October 13th, 2016.
Office of the Prime Minister
Old 10-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Royal Highness

But what's going on? This House for?
Old 10-13-2016, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The Belgian Royal Family offers it's condolences to the people of Thailand: "Deeply saddened by the passing of HM King Bhumibol at the end of a long Reign." Our thoughts go to His family and the Thaï population."
Old 10-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Learning with sadness of the death of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, special instructions have been received that all Union flags on the buildings of Her Majesty's Government should be lowered to half mast as soon as possible today (13 October 2016) until 2000 hours tomorrow (14 October).

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand: Flag Instructions - College of Arms
Old 10-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria's Secret View Post
Officially announced on Thai television. My entire office is in tears...
i knew the royal family was very revered in thailand but i am so interested to see what devotion thais have for their royal family and late king.

is it specific to king bhumibol, or any kings before him were similarly revered? similarly, i wonder why there is such scrutiny towards the crown prince.

interesting times ahead for thailand.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Gentry

^^ Another monarch that we still highly revere is King Chulalongkorn (King Rama V) as we regard him as "Royal Buddha". He westernized the country, implemented many reforms, ended slavery and, most importantly, helped Siam escape western colonialism at the time (Siam and Japan were the only Asian nations that sustain its sovereignty at that time). During his reign, we acknowledged of electricity, railway, postal service, telegraph, modern water system and etc. for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Learning with sadness of the death of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, special instructions have been received that all Union flags on the buildings of Her Majesty's Government should be lowered to half mast as soon as possible today (13 October 2016) until 2000 hours tomorrow (14 October).

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand: Flag Instructions - College of Arms
On behalf of the Thais, i am deeply grateful and thank you the government of the United Kingdoms.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I usually don't turn on the TV in the morning, but today I did before heading to work and saw the news of the King's passing. may he R.I.P.

"His son Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn was expected to succeed him
However he has told the Thai PM he wants to delay becoming the king "
Thailand's King Bhumibol dead aged 88 | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

RIP

My sincere condoleances to the Thai RF and the Thai people for their loss
Old 10-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

My condolences to the Thai people oh the RF.
A certain epoch ended while the King embarked on his Last Journey...
Old 10-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I find it quite touching that HM, Queen Elizabeth II has really gone above and beyond the call for condolences to the people of Thailand on their loss of a very, beloved King. To show a physical mark of respect of lowering all Union flags to half mast is indeed a mark of great honor and respect for one that is no longer with us.

It must be hard for someone that has reigned as Queen for such a long time to bear witness to monarchs younger than herself passing away after a long reign themselves but she also realizes the extent of how a nation of people loved and respected their king over a span of many, many years. She also now has attained the rank of being the longest serving monarch in the world.

I think if we look and it most likely will be brought to the attention of us more in the days to come, we will be able to see pictures of HM, King Bhumibol with Queen Elizabeth II spanning many decades.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-13-2016, 01:34 PM
Courtier

Condolences to the royal family and people of Thailand. May he RIP.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

RIP to the King and may the country find peace in this difficult time.

Any news on Sirikit?
Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

There is still no information about the funeral ceremonies of the King of Thailand?
Old 10-13-2016, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i knew the royal family was very revered in thailand but i am so interested to see what devotion thais have for their royal family and late king.

is it specific to king bhumibol, or any kings before him were similarly revered? similarly, i wonder why there is such scrutiny towards the crown prince.
interesting times ahead for thailand.
The then CP was involved in many scandals (including several failed marriages) and showed, more than once, a very eccentric lifestyle - very different from his parents, that´s why.