Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, Princess Srirasmi and family: Jan 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Princess Robijn said:
I have another question, according to wikipedia, the king & queen have 4 children, 1 styled crownprince, 1 styled crownprincess & 2 styled princess.. but isn't the crownprince married, and wouldn't this make his wife crownprincess...

Wikipedia:

obviously wikipedia made mistake on this site.. as Princess Sirindhorn is the Crown Prince's younger sister.

The Crown Prince's current wife is not styled as Crown Princess but Mom Srirasmi Mahidol na Ayudhya, but in short she's called Princess Srirasmi

and i just have to post this cute picture of the new son for Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn & Princess Srirasmi born on 2005

mlgzue.jpg

(taken from http://www.soravij.com/newprince.htm)

Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn (R), holds his son HRH Prince Dhipankara Rasmijoti while His consort HRH Princess Srirasmi (L) looks on, during a ceremony to confer degrees on graduates of Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University in Bangkok, Thailand, Thursday 26 January 2006. HRH Princess Srirasmi was awarded a Master's degree in Business Administration.

from anp

Attachments

• 2341685.jpg
    2341685.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7,300
  • 2341687.jpg
    2341687.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 3,167
fanletizia said:
Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn (R), holds his son HRH Prince Dhipankara Rasmijoti while His consort HRH Princess Srirasmi (L) looks on, during a ceremony to confer degrees on graduates of Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University in Bangkok, Thailand, Thursday 26 January 2006. HRH Princess Srirasmi was awarded a Master's degree in Business Administration.

she is very pretty...
anyone know how old is she?

here's the unwatermarked version from terra

mms75l.jpg
mmsad3.jpg

Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn & Princess Srirasmi current events part 1

Welcome to part 1 of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's & Princess Srirasmi's current events where you may post current news, articles and pictures.

Please review the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines before posting. Violation of the posting rules and guidelines may lead to suspension or being banned.

Happy posting!

latest photo of Princess Srirasmi at french state visit's gala banquet
(photo from deadline press)

RhapsodyBrat said:
btw, she is a granddaughter of King Bhumibol, isn't she?
Princess Siriwanwari is the fifth child of the Crown Prince and his first wife.
She must be in special favour by the King because last year he raised her to Royal Highness, while her four brothers remain Serene Highnesses.

Last edited:
Thai Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn (L) sits next to Princess Srirasmi (R) as they attend a ploughing ceremony in the Thai capital Bangkok, 11 May 2006. A Thai royal court soothsayer 11 May predicted less rain water this year but said during the annual ploughing ceremony that crop production would be abundant and fertile.

#1-2: from Profimedia
#3: Reuters

Attachments

• NWS-991155.jpg
    NWS-991155.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 690
  • NWS-991160.jpg
    NWS-991160.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6,026
  • r1560001290.jpg
    r1560001290.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 4,482
Last edited:
April 29, 2006
HRH Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti celebrates his 1st birthday on 29 April 2006, with Buddhist merit makings, releasing of fish and turtles and birds, and an exhibition of photographs of the prince throughout his first year. There were pictures of the prince with all his relatives, most significantly with TM the King and Queen, and with HRH the Princess of Narathiwas. TRH the Crown Prince, Princess Srirasmi and Princess Siriwanwaree held a small birthday party for the prince afterwards at their residence, Sukhothai Palace.

Photos from http://www.soravij.com/
:) Happy 1st Birthday:)

Attachments

• tr01a.jpg
    tr01a.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 968
  • tr01b.jpg
    tr01b.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,930
Last edited:
Some pics of the Prince's 1st yr
#1-4: Profimedia-newborn pics
#5-6: http://www.soravij.com/-Their Majesties the King and Queen presided over a Royal Ceremony celebrating the Baby Prince one-month old at the Ananta Samakom Throne Hall, traditionally performed by Kings of Thailand for their children and grandchildren.
#7-9: http://thaisnews.com/http://thaisnews.com/prdnews/

Last edited:
Mandyy, thanks very much for these pictures.
I can't believe there's so many pictures of the little boy.
It seems like he will be the successor for the Crown Prince in many years to come, and probably being groomed up to be Thai's future king.
He really looks very adorable.. since the day he was born (with lots of hair..)

I've not been a follower of the Thai Royal Family and hence i ask this questions..pls forgive me if the question comes across a little dumb..

Has the CP Maha Vajiralongkorn been married before? Is Pss Srirasmi is second wife? And if so, where and who is his first wife - did something happen to that marriage or is this part of the old tradition that allows the CP to take more than 1 wife?

His first wife is PSS Somsawali, mother of Pss Bhajarakitiyapa the eldest daughter of CP. After divorced she still keep her royal title and enjoyed her life. She can be seen in many state ceromonies even in the King's diamond jubilee. In many occasion the King and Queen appointed her to be their majesties representative in many gala parties. :)
The second wife is Yuwathida, actually CP never married with her just a long affair that resulted 4 sons and 1 daughter.:D After seperate their relationship, CP send his ex-lover and 4 sons to live in USA. CP keeps only the daughter, Pss Sririwanwaree.
After being single for about 5 years, CP married again with the present wife, PSS Srirassamee. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation ysamnuan!
And welcome to the forum!

In the pics you can see a lovely family of three royal generations - the King, Pss Srisassmi and one year old prince Dipankorn (I don't know who is that old lady maybe the royal photographer :D ) and another one with Thongdeang the king favorite dog
(from peopleforthekingexpo.com)

Attachments

• K4336510-3.jpg
    K4336510-3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,359
  • K4336510-0.jpg
    K4336510-0.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,761
Last edited:
Please remember to post a credible source (article, newspaper, magazine, etc as mentioned on TRF Rules & Guidelines) when posting a statement. Any post that is based on a hear-say or speculation is not credible to be regarded as a source, thus, will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding

purple_platinum
Thai Forum Moderator

Crown Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
I have another question, according to wikipedia, the king & queen have 4 children, 1 styled crownprince, 1 styled crownprincess & 2 styled princess.. but isn't the crownprince married, and wouldn't this make his wife crownprincess...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia is correct. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is indeed titled as Crown Princess. This was by special proclamation by the Thai King. It's a special title for her personally. Thai royal titles have a large range of grades.

The Crown Prince's present wife doesn't have the title Crown Princess as others have noted. As in many Asian or Arab monarchies, titles are not automatically bestowed on the wife of Kings or Princes, unlike European monarchies (usually). So the wife of the Moroccan King is not called Queen. The rulers in the Malaysian states have different titles for their consorts, and for their heirs & their wives.

jdjones said:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn

Wikipedia:
Wikipedia is correct. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is indeed titled as Crown Princess. This was by special proclamation by the Thai King. It's a special title for her personally. Thai royal titles have a large range of grades.

The Crown Prince's present wife doesn't have the title Crown Princess as others have noted. As in many Asian or Arab monarchies, titles are not automatically bestowed on the wife of Kings or Princes, unlike European monarchies (usually). So the wife of the Moroccan King is not called Queen. The rulers in the Malaysian states have different titles for their consorts, and for their heirs & their wives.

thanks.. it is very interesting, Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is Crown Princess.. That does make some interesting discussions, don't you think?

I would like to confirm that the title of Princess Sirindhorn is not the Crown Princess. Her title is "H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn"

On December 5, 1977, She has been elevated from H.R.H. Princess Sirindhorn to the higher rank at H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Siridhorn, But not the Crown Princess. I think it may be the same as the Princess Royal of England

Pls. see the nametag at the recent royal banquet on June 13,2006

So it is certain that the son will inherit the throne? From what has been written about Princess Sirindhorn and Princess ?Chulaborn they seem like they have done alot more with their lives than the Crown Prince has -- do others think that or not?

no, it is not certain and this subject is not to be disscussed in thailand and nobody knows who's going to take the throne either. we need to be aware that the royal family of thailand is quite different and unique.

i don't know if others think or not but they surely don't discuss.

Can you clarify what you mean by "we need to be aware that the royal family of thailand is quite different and unique"? And are there risks to individual citizens in discussing the succession to the throne? You are not the first person to write in such a way that it makes me think it is risky to speculate about this.

I was so sure that I wasn't the first one. Believe me most Thais won't talk about this or even bother to explain to anyone. I'm part Thai myself and I feel uncomfortable talking about this topic like they say Thais have nothing but nice things to say about their royal family and that includes every member.

Sorry if you think I don't try to answer.

Royals visit disaster zone: His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and Her Royal Highness Princess Srirasmi are greeted by local residents during their visit to Uttaradit’s Tha Pla district yesterday. The area was hit by severe flooding and mudslides recently.

5 July 2006

s1_copy21.jpg

nationmultimedia.com

Wet season robe: 11 July 2006
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn places the rainy-season robe on the Emerald Buddha, replacing the summer robe, at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha yesterday, the first day of the three-month Buddhist Lent.

30008515-01.jpg
nationmultimedia.com

Last edited:
For more clear Infomation, These are the Emerald Buddha's robes for all three seasons. All the robes are made of gold and decorated with diamond and precious gems. The first set of three robe was made during the early of Chakri Dynasty (Between King Rama I-III) and the current set was made to Celebrate the Golden Jubilee of H.M. King Bhumibol

The Summer robe The Rainy-season robe The Winter robe
aiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiii

Pictures: Scan from postcards sold in the Temple of Emerald Buddha by the Bureau of Royal Household

Thank you for the photos, iparity. The robes are quite elaborate and beautiful. Where is the Buddha housed? In Bangkok? Is the statue open to the public for reverence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom