The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Thailand

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjones
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
I have another question, according to wikipedia, the king & queen have 4 children, 1 styled crownprince, 1 styled crownprincess & 2 styled princess.. but isn't the crownprince married, and wouldn't this make his wife crownprincess...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia is correct. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is indeed titled as Crown Princess. This was by special proclamation by the Thai King. It's a special title for her personally. Thai royal titles have a large range of grades.

The Crown Prince's present wife doesn't have the title Crown Princess as others have noted. As in many Asian or Arab monarchies, titles are not automatically bestowed on the wife of Kings or Princes, unlike European monarchies (usually). So the wife of the Moroccan King is not called Queen. The rulers in the Malaysian states have different titles for their consorts, and for their heirs & their wives.
thanks.. it is very interesting, Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is Crown Princess.. That does make some interesting discussions, don't you think?

Old 06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to confirm that the title of Princess Sirindhorn is not the Crown Princess. Her title is "H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn"

On December 5, 1977, She has been elevated from H.R.H. Princess Sirindhorn to the higher rank at H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Siridhorn, But not the Crown Princess. I think it may be the same as the Princess Royal of England

Pls. see the nametag at the recent royal banquet on June 13,2006

Old 06-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

So it is certain that the son will inherit the throne? From what has been written about Princess Sirindhorn and Princess ?Chulaborn they seem like they have done alot more with their lives than the Crown Prince has -- do others think that or not?
Old 06-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Commoner

no, it is not certain and this subject is not to be disscussed in thailand and nobody knows who's going to take the throne either. we need to be aware that the royal family of thailand is quite different and unique.

i don't know if others think or not but they surely don't discuss.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Can you clarify what you mean by "we need to be aware that the royal family of thailand is quite different and unique"? And are there risks to individual citizens in discussing the succession to the throne? You are not the first person to write in such a way that it makes me think it is risky to speculate about this.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Commoner

I was so sure that I wasn't the first one. Believe me most Thais won't talk about this or even bother to explain to anyone. I'm part Thai myself and I feel uncomfortable talking about this topic like they say Thais have nothing but nice things to say about their royal family and that includes every member.

Sorry if you think I don't try to answer.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Aristocracy

Royals visit disaster zone: His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and Her Royal Highness Princess Srirasmi are greeted by local residents during their visit to Uttaradit’s Tha Pla district yesterday. The area was hit by severe flooding and mudslides recently.

5 July 2006

nationmultimedia.com
Avatar: The Star of the Most Illustrious Order of The Royal House of Chakri
Old 07-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Aristocracy

Wet season robe: 11 July 2006
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn places the rainy-season robe on the Emerald Buddha, replacing the summer robe, at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha yesterday, the first day of the three-month Buddhist Lent.

nationmultimedia.com
Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Aristocracy

For more clear Infomation, These are the Emerald Buddha's robes for all three seasons. All the robes are made of gold and decorated with diamond and precious gems. The first set of three robe was made during the early of Chakri Dynasty (Between King Rama I-III) and the current set was made to Celebrate the Golden Jubilee of H.M. King Bhumibol

The Summer robe The Rainy-season robe The Winter robe
aiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiii

Pictures: Scan from postcards sold in the Temple of Emerald Buddha by the Bureau of Royal Household
Old 07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the photos, iparity. The robes are quite elaborate and beautiful. Where is the Buddha housed? In Bangkok? Is the statue open to the public for reverence?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Thank you for the photos, iparity. The robes are quite elaborate and beautiful. Where is the Buddha housed? In Bangkok? Is the statue open to the public for reverence?
Temple of the Emerald Buddha locates in the area of the Grand Palace, Bangkok. And opened to public daily except some days for the royal ceremony (that day ussually be the public or Buddhism Holiday also)
Old 07-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Emily, the Temple of Emerald Buddha is also known as Wat Phra Kew (or Wat Phra Keo). It is situated on Grand Palace of Bangkok. and if i'm not mistaken, the Emerald Buddha has one robe for each season, when they're not used, the robes are stored at the museum of the Grand Palace. The temple is a 'must' when you visit Bangkok, it is very beautiful and always so crowded (you're lucky to catch a glimpse of the Emerald Buddha).

You can read more about the temple at Royal Palaces of Thailand thread.:)

There's also a link from wikipedia.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you, both of you, for this information. If I ever get to Bangkok I will certainly include a visit there. It is interesting to me that the place is always crowded -- that seems to imply a great 'active' reverence for the Buddha -- are the Thai people devoutly Buddhist? or is the crowd tourists?
Old 08-03-2006, 04:32 AM
Aristocracy

1-year&3-months-old Prince Dipangkorn with his mothers - Princess Srirasm from Mother & Baby Magazine

Old 08-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Iparity, thanks very much for new pictures of Prince Dipakorn. He's such a cutie.. Princess Srirasmi looks beautiful as well.
Amazing how the family keep on wearing yellow shirts after the King's Jubilee. I guess this year, Thailand is really floaded with yellow colours.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

Jess, I think we - Thai People - may wear yellow shirt until the end of next year since HM will celebrate his 80th Birthday on Dec 5, 2007.

The celebration activities will be held more and more since his jubilee until his Birthday on this year and finish at the end of next year where we celebrate his 80th Birthday.

For the end of 2006 to the early 2007, there will be a ROYAL FLORA RATCHAPHRUEK 2006, International Horticultural Exposition for His Majesty the King. For more info, you cxan visit the website here -- www.royalfloraexpo.com
Old 08-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Nobility

The Little prince is really cute.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Commoner

adorable... very playful
Old 08-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks for the information, Iparity!

looks like the Crown Prince, Princess Srirasmi, and little Prince Dipakorn is out & about again. These were taken from July 28, 2006 (from manager)
"The Crown Prince celebrate his birthday by visiting and offering a party to the disable children"

Princess visits family project

Her Royal Highness Princess Srirasmi, the Royal Consort of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, yesterday visited to see progress at the "Sai Yai Rak Jak Mae Su Luk" (Love and care from mother to children) project aimed at encouraging women to breast-feed their babies.
The Princess was welcomed by caretaker Public Health Minister Pinij Charusombat, senior officials and the 134 families participating in the programme in Pak Thong Chai district.
The Princess also visited the homes of seven of the families.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006...l_30010322.php
Old 08-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

Princess visits family project - - here are more pics from Khaosod Newspaper.