Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, Princess Srirasmi and family: Jan 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not even proclaimed king yet and you've already posted this... :glare:

Königlicher Besuch in Bayern: Thailands Protz-Prinz mit Porsche im Garten-Center - Leserreporter - Bild.de

He spends a lot of time in Bavaria, Germany. I think the Thai government did an official complaint because of Paparazzi photos that of course will not be shown in Thailand.

But the situations are too funny to see and not to take pictures when a foreign dignitary behaves like being from another planet, going to the garden center in a super expensive and exclusive car with lackeys on their knees attaching the seatbelt.

We have freedom of press and I think even in Thailand things will change now. Bhumibol was something else with his generation and 70 years on the throne but the CP/future King will have to deal with less respect / adapt to reality in the age of social media.

Last edited:
Yikes. So only their sister, who always attends fashion shows, is accepted by their father?

I love how the focus on the boys is education but the girl.... Oh she likes clothes:bang:

The king has two daughters. Yes the full sister attends fashion shows, very few young royals don't. But that is because she is a designer. She is also a competitive badminton player on the international level.

Her older half sister after completing two bachelor degrees in Thailand, has her masters and doctorate in law in the states. She has worked for the UN and as a Thai ambassador to Austria for two years. She now works for the attorney general, a post held for two years.

Besides the designer, the crown prince's children have followed the path of his siblings who are all very well educated, unlike him who focussed on military.

As for she being the only accepted one, it has to do with the divorce. When their mother fled to the uk she took the kids, and they all lost their place in succession including his daughter. But while the boys remained with their mother, their sister moved back to Thailand with her father. The boys left over twenty years ago and have not lived there since. Her title of princess was restored by her grandfather in 2006.

Last edited:
I may have worded it wrong, sorry. I didn't wanted to let her look like the shallow sister among braniacs lol. If she is into fashion, it's her business.
It's good to see all children doing well, although their father is a mess. Hopefully the situation now is a wake up call and he is more serious.

I'm in Phnom Penh and it was reported on the news that the Crown Prince will become King of Thailand on 1 December. But there is, as yet, no verifiable source for this rumour.

I'm in Phnom Penh and it was reported on the news that the Crown Prince will become King of Thailand on 1 December. But there is, as yet, no verifiable source for this rumour.

:previous:

The coronation can be on 1 December?

The actual coronation festivities, from what I understand, will not happen until after the cremation ceremony for King Bhumibol sometime in 2018. Like many other monarchies, the King can actually be reigning before being crowned.

When the Crown Prince accepts the National Assembly's offer to become King, the beginning of his reign will be backdated to the death of his father. But the new King will not be crowned until after the funeral of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, that is if the tradition of a coronation is maintained. King Bhumibol Adulyadej succeeded his brother, King Ananda Mahidol, in 1946, but the coronation did not take place until 1950. Most of the kings in the world today are not crowned; succession is confirmed by taking an oath. Accession ceremonies or coronations, where they do occur, are now usually an optional extra.

"Thailand's Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn returned to Bangkok on Friday, just weeks before he is due to ascend the throne, four senior military sources with knowledge of the matter said.
Fresh questions about the succession arose when the prince flew to Germany last month to attend to personal business.
Thailand is making preparations for the prince to ascend the throne on Dec. 1, though a formal coronation will be at least one year from now."

Thailand's crown prince returns from abroad for official duties: sources | Reuters

Reactions: eya
So a new thread "King Maha Vagiralongkorn and family" should be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom