The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Thailand

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Nobility

more arrests

Thai police arrest 19 in corruption ring, including prominent general | CCTV America

elites anxious

Thai crown prince causing the elites anxiety | The Japan Times

Old 12-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

'พระบรมฯ' เสด็จแทนพิธีเฉลิมพระชนมพรรษา | *่านความจริง*่านเดลินิวส์

Old 12-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
The situation is complex. It is unfortunate that Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn can not succeed her father.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Commoner

Thailand crown prince's wife resigns from royal role

Goodbye my princess! I will miss you so much.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and his third wife Srirasmi have divorced.

Sources:
Thailand's Crown Prince Divorces Amid Reports Of Palace Intrigue : The Two-Way : NPR
Vajiralongkorn divorced Srirasmi | Free Thailand
- Thai PBS English News
Old 12-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Majesty

Are the current rapid developments meant to improve Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's image and prepare everything for a possible ascent to the throne?
Old 12-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Nobility

According to reliable sources like the BBC, he is dismissing this wife, like he did his 2nd wife and sons. The fact he got custody of the son means the son may still be the heir and she probably had no say in custody. He has a mistress and a baby son who may become the new wife. He wants this all in order before his father dies so as to not be dismissing an actual queen - much messier. I don't think he is concerned with image beyond that and I do not think his image was good to begin with.
Thai prince divorces amid anxiety over monarchy's future
Old 12-14-2014, 03:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
According to reliable sources like the BBC, he is dismissing this wife, like he did his 2nd wife and sons. The fact he got custody of the son means the son may still be the heir and she probably had no say in custody. He has a mistress and a baby son who may become the new wife. He wants this all in order before his father dies so as to not be dismissing an actual queen - much messier. I don't think he is concerned with image beyond that and I do not think his image was good to begin with.
Well, whatever the Thai people think about that, they can't say it at loud. A great country, that's for sure...
Old 12-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

I was expected. But I'm sorry.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Courtier

A sad and difficult situation.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

My goodness, what will happen (to the monarchy) when he will have to take over?
How come that the Royal Family, apart from the King and Queen, appears to be so disfunctional (the future King soon to be divorced for the 3rd time, Prcss Sirindhorn lonely all her lifetime - did she ever have a relationship? ). What about the other royal "children"? Are they leading happy, stable lifes to the advantage of the Thai monarchy?
This is not intended to be as an offence, its a question because I really dont know! Perhaps someone with a more profound knowledge than I can answer?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The situation is complex. It is unfortunate that Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn can not succeed her father.
It does seem rather complex and indeed a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is a very much loved person, being a sweet, kind and caring person by all accounts, and if the circumstances permitted her to succeed her father, I am sure she would have great success in the role. Nonetheless, in the role that she has, the princess is a good ambassador and asset to her country.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

A bloodcurdling revolution and civil war is simply waiting to happen... the death of the hugely respected old king, and the accession of his widely detested son may well be the catalyst..
Old 12-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Poor Prince Dipangkorn. It's he who is the most harmed in that situation.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, Princess Srirasmi and family: Jan 2006-

Quote:

I guess he is counting on the fact that no one in Thailand can talk about his image.

it's really sad, I don't follow the Thai Royal Family, but I think the Thai people like Princess Srirasmi very much.

I don't know if I am guessing right or not, I feel the Crown Prince was waiting for something to happen and divorce his wife, please tell me I am wrong.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Divorce of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and former Princess Srirasmi

Many reports are confirming that the marriage between Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and Srirasmi Suwadee met its end last week. However, there is some confusion as to whether the divorce occurred on Wednesday, 10 December, or Saturday, 13 December. Apparently communiques were issued in the Royal Gazette about the situation on both dates.

The Daily News, one of the major newspapers in Thailand, has confirmed that the divorce took place.

It seems to indicate that the divorce was witnessed on Wednesday, 10 December.
The Daily News (15 Dec 2014)

Srirasmi Suwadee first came into the service of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn in 1992 while he was still married to his first wife and his mother's niece, Princess Soamsavali, but living with his long-time mistress and soon-to-be second wife, the former actress Yuvadhida Polpraserth. The Crown Prince had married Princess Soamsavali in 1977 and with her produced Princess Bajrakitiyabha in 1978, the first grandchild of King Bhumibol.

The union of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and his first cousin Princess Soamsavali was finally dissolved in 1993. The Crown Prince went on to marry Yuvadhida Polpraserth in 1994. This second marriage did not meet with the approval of Queen Sirikit and it ended in divorce in 1996 with Yuvadhida Polpraserth fleeing into exile with her three of her five children with the Crown Prince.

Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn wed Srirasmi Suwadee (who become Princess Srirasmi) in secrecy in 2001; the marriage was not made public until 2005 when it was announced that Srirasmi was expecting the couple's first child. The infant born later that year was Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti, who is so far the only legitimate male heir of the Crown Prince. Upon the birth of the young prince, Srirasmi received the royal title of Princess.

Pure People states that the Royal Gazette confirmed the divorce in a bulletin on Saturday, 13 December.
Vajiralongkorn de Thalande divorce : la belle princesse Srirasm dchue... (Pure People - 15 Dec 2014)

Yahoo News also states that the divorce was announced in the Royal Gazette during the morning of Saturday, December 13.
Thai prince divorces amid anxiety over monarchy's future (Yahoo News - 13 Dec 2014)

The Diplomat writes that the divorce took place on 10 December.

It was reiterated that Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn has retained custody of the couple's only child. As the Crown Prince resides part of the year in Munich with his companion, Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti departed Bangkok for Germany on 12 December. The young prince is expected to be enrolled in a local Munich school.

Reiterating other reports, Srirasmi Suwadee has moved out of the Crown Prince's palace in Bangkok. She is relocating to her hometown of Rachaburi. Unsurprisingly, she is expected to lead a very quiet life there.

The current mistress of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn is identified as Suthida Vajiralongkorn (aka Suthida Nui). She was formerly a Thai Airways flight attendant. Echoing how his third wife was given a military rank during her period as consort, Suthida Vajiralongkorn has also received an appointment as a Major General in the Thai Army.

Rumors are rife that Suthida Vajiralongkorn gave birth to a son in recent months and that she is likely to become the fourth wife of the Crown Prince. As such, it is plausible that the till now unknown Suthida Vajiralongkorn could become Queen of Thailand in the near future given the frail health of King Bhumibol. There is also speculation that the newborn son of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and Suthida Vajiralongkorn could displace Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti in the line of succession.
A Thai Princess' Fairy Tale Comes to an End (The Diplomat - 15 Dec 2014)

Cambodia-based journalist Andrew MacGregor Marshall tweeted last week that the Crown Prince had signed divorce papers which were witnessed by General Prem Tinsulanonda and Chirayu Isarangkun Na Ayuthaya.
Source: Twitter posting of 11 December

Marshall also released a photo that purports to show the five month-old son of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and mistress Suthida Vajiralongkorn.
See: Twitter posting of 12 December

Other articles about the marital breakdown of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and the former Princess Srirasmi:

Thai prince divorces wife beset by family scandals amid anxiety over monarchys future (South China Morning Post - 13 Dec 2014)
Thalande : le divorce du prince hritier sme le doute sur lavenir de la monarchie (Les Echo - 13 Dec 2014)
Thai prince divorces scandal-hit wife (Taipei Times - 14 Dec 2014)
Princess Srirasmi a Royal No More After Agreeing to Resign Title, Divorce (Newsmax - 15 Dec 2014)
In monarchist Thailand, does money now trump a royal title? (The Christian Science Monitor - 15 Dec 2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

A new marriage only to put things into "order"? I guess by that the next catastrophy is inevitable.
Dont know if Im sorry for the CP or angry because hes destroying his parents legacy and oeuvre.
I guess thats what happens when a person is treated all his lifetime as a demi-god, people literally crawling in front of you....

Question: Why is the Princes mistress already bearing "Vajiralongkorn" in her name although she isnt yet married to Maha Vajiralongkorn?
Old 12-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Many pictures of the former Princess Srirasmi and her son Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti:

Srirasmi=Mother-Son=Sad>Crown Prince=Nui+Son +++=Happy=Thai Royal Math | Free Thailand
Old 12-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Commoner

She is beautiful.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I feel so sorry for them both...