Their majesties the King and Queen of Bhutan to join the ceremony:
More business halts announced:

Old 10-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Majesty

Haakon will attend on the 26
Offisielt program - kongehuset.no

Old 10-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Thank you Appleich! And Thank you for the wonderful videos!!

Exhibition of the creation of Royal Crematorium open October 11

https://t.co/h89stYEHrZ?amp=1

King Rama X thanks Thais for dedication to Late Father

https://t.co/JQ8vQbQOIJ?amp=1
Old 10-15-2017, 04:54 AM
Aristocracy

Another rehearsal of the royal procession taken place today, this time accompanied by HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, HRH Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana, the Prime Minister and Cabinet members:
Old 10-17-2017, 01:27 AM
Majesty

Thai hotels booked up ahead the cremation of Revered King

Thai hotels booked up ahead of funeral of revered king | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-18-2017, 03:26 AM
Aristocracy

President Halimah Yacob of Singapore will join the ceremony next week:
What surprises me the most is the fact that Ministry of Foreign Affairs didn't send any invitations to any foreign countries at all but foreign head of states or delegates have to voluntarily ask to join the ceremony themselves, that's weird.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:32 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That, I think, is true respect.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

^^ You're right, but it just looks weird to me for a ceremony of this scale by not inviting any foreign guests from countries where they have diplomatic relations with Thailand. I'm not sure about the coronation ceremony of King Maha Vajiralongkorn neither, whether the government would invite any foreign guests or not. My guest is that they wouldn't.

Anyway, a few hour ago, installation ceremony of the royal nine-tiered umbrella (Nopphapadon Maha Sawetta Chat) atop the royal crematorium was presided over by HM the King, accompanied by HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and HRH Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana. This marks the completion of the royal crematorium complex after 10 months of construction:

Information regarding the royal cremation ceremony which spans over five days can be found here: https://kingrama9.bangkokpost.com/
Old 10-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what happens to the royal crematorium after the ceremonies?
Old 10-19-2017, 02:25 AM
Aristocracy

^^ The whole complex will open to public for one month (according to the current plan) before being completely dismantled.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Courtier

As I thought, as her scheduled events were removed some time ago, Queen Silvia will represent Sweden at the ceremony.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 10-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
As I thought, as her scheduled events were removed some time ago, Queen Silvia will represent Sweden at the ceremony.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
And Crown Prince Frederik Denmark
Old 10-19-2017, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Is the Prince of Wales attending next week..? I suspect he'd find it fascinating [given his interest in other Faiths]. He will also have met his late Majesty in the past.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I just did some snooping around and there's no mention of any of the BRF's plans to attend made public yet. My thoughts were along the same lines as yours in that Prince Charles would be the one most likely to attend.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Courtier

King Bhumibol Adulyadej will be honoured in Stockholm on the day of the cremation ceremony. As a knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim it is tradition that a Seraphim ringing takes place in Riddarholmskyrkan on the day of the burial.

At 11.55 the Seraphim arms of King Bhumibol Adulyadej (picture in the link) will be taken from the Royal Palace of Stockholm with military honours to Riddarholmskyrkan, where the arms will be placed in the choir for the ringing. From 12.00 an hour of ringing will take place to honour the late King.

The church will open to the public during the event. It will also be possible to express condolences in books that will be placed in the church after the ringing.

Serafimerringning för Konung Bhumibol Adulyadej - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 10-19-2017, 11:08 PM

According to Khaosod, royal family from 14 countries will attend the cremation ceremony on October 26th:

- King Letsie III and Queen of Lesotho
- King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Queen of Bhutan
- King Tupou VI and Queen of Tonga
- Queen Silvia of Sweden
- Queen Máxima of the Netherlands
- Queen Mathilde of Belgium
- Queen Sofia of Spain
- Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark
- Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway
- Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg
- Nazrin Shah of Perak, Deputy King of Malaysia
- Prince Andrew, Duke of York
- Fumihito, Prince Akishino of Japan and his wife
- Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein
Old 10-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Majesty

Its a lovely turn out, especially since they have to be asked to be invited, not simply accepting invitations. I do wish Charles and Camilla would attend, I think the funeral of a monarch should call for a more senior royal then Andie. Kind of surprised that Andrew and not one or both Wessex is going. But I guess the Japanese crown couple isn't going either, so not simply the Brits.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its a lovely turn out, especially since they have to be asked to be invited, not simply accepting invitations. I do wish Charles and Camilla would attend, I think the funeral of a monarch should call for a more senior royal then Andie. Kind of surprised that Andrew and not one or both Wessex is going. But I guess the Japanese crown couple isn't going either, so not simply the Brits.
I think It's just a scheduling issue that prevents Charles from attending. Or at least that's what i hope.

The Duke of York represented his Mother at the funeral of Fürst Rainier III of Monaco too who was the 2:nd longest reigning monarch (after Bhumibol) when he died. He also represented at King Bhumibol's Diamond Jubilee in 2006 so he has met the late King before.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I might be wrong but wasn't Crown Prince Naruhito in Thailand and paid his respect right after the King passed away?
Old 10-20-2017, 06:46 AM
Aristocracy

Nope, Crown Prince Naruhito didn't visit Thailand to pay respect to the late King. It was the Emperor and Empress of Japan who made a "personal" visit to Thailand last March (they decided to made a short stopover in Bangkok right after the state visit to Vieatnam). Their Imperial Majesties also had an audience with King Vajiralongkorn.

Here is a list of non-royal dignitaries to attend the ceremony as reported by Thai media:
Quote:
Khaosod English: Here Are The Foreign Dignitaries Coming From 32 Nations

- Htin Kyaw, President of Myanmar and his spouse
- Bounnhang Vorachith, President of Laos
- Halimah Yacob, President of Singapore and her spouse
- Sir Peter Cosgrove, Governor-General of Australia and his spouse
- Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada
- Đặng Thị Ngọc Thịnh, Vice President of Vietnam
- Joseph Deiss, Former President of Switzerland
- Christian Wulff, Former President of Germany
- Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia
- Barnabas Sibusiso Dlamini, Prime Minister of Swaziland
- Jean-Marc Ayrault, Former Prime Minister of France and his spouse
- Park Ju-seon, Vice Speaker of National Assembly of South Korea
- James Mattis, Defense Secretary of the United States
- Alan Peter Cayetano, Foreign Secretary of the Philippines
- Tilak Marapana, Foreign Minister of Sri Lanka
- Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Foreign Minister of Pakistan and his spouse
- Mobashar Jawed Akbar, State Minister for External Affairs of India
- Archbishop Giambattista Diquattro, Vatican Apostolic Nunciature to India and Nepal
Royal processions and schedule for royal cremation ceremony:
Thai PBS has set live-streaming programs for the ceremony in advance on their Youtube Channel.