Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

September 2009 Official PoM Poll

Welcome to the
September 2009 Official Picture of the Month Poll!

The pictures in this poll show the informal side of royalty. It will close on 2 November 2009. During this time, we ask that NO ONE STATE WHOM THEY'VE VOTED FOR so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. After the poll closes, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium
Ladyleana - stephanievl, Marengo

Britain
TheTruth - jcbcode99

Brunei/Malaysia/Dubai/Morocco
Humera - Warren

Denmark
Princess Robijn - Jessrulz, Madame Royale

Greece
Rhapsodybrat - Odette

Japan
Dragonsfire8 - Al_bina, kkgg101

Jordan
Humera - Little_star, salma

Luxembourg
Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco
Iceflower - radker18,

Norway
Her_Majesty - Maura724

Spain
Paty - Ladejesus, Mari_*

Sweden
Iceflower - HRH Kerry

The Netherlands
Princess Maxima - Marengo, Lucien

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact Dazzling or LadyK.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in random order and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun!
LadyK & Dazzling

Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A.) Sweden

Picture Link
Source; reuters

At the push of a button - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden opens the exhibition "This is our Earth 2. From Kyoto to Copenhagen" together with Belgium's Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde in Brussels, Belgium, September 9, 2009.

B.) Monaco

Picture Link
Source: reuters

A quick boarding - Prince Albert II of Monaco boards a boat during a visit at the Monaco Yacht show, September 24, 2009. Luxury boats are moored in Monte Carlo port for the Monaco Yacht Show, which is the world's leading prestige boat show, highlighting hundreds of yachts.

C.) Japan
Picture Link
Source: Kyodo

25/09/2009 ; NIIGATA, Japan - Japanese Emperor Akihito (L) and Empress Michiko (2nd from L) talk with handicapped people during their visit to a jobs facility for them in Niigata on Sept. 25, 2009. The imperial couple are visiting Niigata to attend the opening ceremony of the national athletic meet.

D.) The Netherlands
Picture Link
Source: Seeger Press

15/09/2009 The Hague: Pricness Máxima leaves the golden state carriage, on her way to the opening of parlament.

E.) Luxembourg
Picture Link
Source: Servizio fotografico/L’Osservatore Romano via the Grand Ducal Website

Grand Duke Henri greets Pope Benedict XVI during an audience at the Vatican on September 17. The Grand Duke and his eldest son, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, paid a two-day visit to the Vatican where the Grand Duke was presented with an award.

F.) Britian
Picture Link
Source: gettyimages

Prince Harry meets winners of the 'Best Brave Child 2-5' prize Lily Slater and Harvey Fleming whilst attending the annual WellChild Awards ceremony on October 27, 2008 in London.

G.) Norway
Picture Link
Source: Scanpix

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit are pictures together during their county trip to Rogaland. Here the royal couple visited Olen and the Vindafjord millennium site Joa-Kari.

H.) Spain
Picture Link
Source: Reuters/Daylife

The Prince of Asturias visited the Rota Air Base, where he piloted a Spanish Navy Seahawk helicopter.

I.) Denmark
Picture Link
Source: msndk.starlounge.com

September 9, 2009: HRH Crown Princess Mary participated in the Fund and Save the Children Conference 'No to bullying, Yes to the welfare' of DGI city Copenhagen.

J.) Serbia
Picture Link
Source: royalfamily.org

Crown Prince Alexander II of Serbia (Yugoslavia) lays a wreath at the Monument of Unknown Hero on the 91st anniversary of the breach of the Thessaloniki Front. The Monument was built as homage to all unknown heroes that sacrificed their lives during World War I and is the only monument dedicated to Unknown Hero, rather than Unknown Soldier.

K.) Belgium
Picture Link
Source: gettyimages

Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands officially open Museum "M" in Leuven, Belgium (20 Sept.)

Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The informal poll :
Royal Vacations (September 2009 Informal Poll)

Old 10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Courtier

How on earth is one supposed to pick a single picture from all those wonderful choices?
I did vote, but that was a hard decision: there were 5 pictures which I liked equally. In the end, I chose the most official and regal one of my favourites.

Another selection of great pictures, good job everyone!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Marsel is right!!I thought about it and then decided to vote for the funniest
Old 10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had two favourites, it was hars to choose.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 10-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
How on earth is one supposed to pick a single picture from all those wonderful choices?

Another selection of great pictures, good job everyone!
Sleep on it and vote the next day
Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sorry folks, Belgium picture will be added soon, so if you would like to change your votes once the picture is out please contact LadyK or Myself. Pls let us know what you voted for if you voted.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sleep on it and vote the next day
Yeah, well, once you add the Belgian picture, even that might not be much of a help!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Belgium PoM has now been added, to change votes if you have already voted please PM LadyK or myslef with your previoues votes.

Thank you
Old 10-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

You know, it's always great to see neck-and-neck races in this polls.
It somehow gives all of us the affirmation that our teams have been chosing good pics.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

I voted on pic that I consider the most 'royal'. Of course i cannot tell which one.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 PM

I voted

Wonderful job
Thanks for all
Old 11-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Poll is now closed

Congratulations to the winners

1. The Netherlands
2. Sweden
3. Britian
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

The DUTCH photo won! Yea!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the Netherlands! I voted for this picture - it's just awsome. But all pictures were wonderful, great selection and so it was again quite hard to choose.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

I voted for Sweden and I'm glad it came 2nd! Victoria looked funny and cute at the same time.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I also voted for Nederlands
Norway was my second choice.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Nobility

I voted for (H) Spain cos I love a man in uniform
Old 11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Courtier

I'm another one who voted for the Dutch picture: never could resist all the pomp and splendour of such grand occasions, from the magnificent coach, to white gloves, footmen and swords. A truly 'Royal' picture.
British, Belgian, Swedish, Norwegian and Japanese selections were close seconds for me, with all the others as close thirds. So all in all, I was extremely glad for the Dutch picture.

Tags
picture of the month, pom