I. http://i20.tinypic.com/2m63382.jpg 6 3.77%
J. http://i21.tinypic.com/23m5zer.jpg 3 1.89%
K. http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_391lo.jpg 18 11.32%
L. http://www.monarchie.lu/fr/Actualite...ode/index.html 2 1.26%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

September 2007 Official Picture of the Month Poll

Welcome to the September Official Picture of the Month 2007!

The monthly official polls will highlight the official side of royalty as opposed to the informal side of royalty.

The monthly polls will consist of pictures that show a royal on official business.
  • gala events such as the Nobel prize ceremonies, state visits, royal ceremonies such as the the Order of the Garter ceremony in Great Britain or the New Years gala for the Knights of the Order of the Elephant in Denmark, Opening of Parliament, coronations, enthronements.
  • openings of public events, government buildings, hospitals, christening of ships, official charity work
  • family celebrations (such as wedding, christening, or special days such as Victoria Day in Sweden or Queen's Day in the Netherlands, King Harald's 70th birthday) and the balcony shots that accompany them
  • among many other official events
We hope by the end of the year to have some really stunning and regal Picture of the Month winners to compete in our 2007 Picture of the Year awards.

For more information on the 2007 Picture of the Month schedule and all we have planned for 2007, take a look at this thread.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: Marengo, Stephanievl

Britain: Avalon - milla Ca - CasiraghiTrio

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Denmark: dazzling, Jessrulz

Dubai: Humera - Warren

Japan: dragonsfire8

Jordan: Humera - Little_star - salma

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

Monaco: Iceflower - Ianna, Michelle, tbhrc

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - KikkiB, carlota

Spain: LaChicaMadrilena - Anna_R - crisiñaki

Sweden: ZandraRae, Furienna, Gita

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, lucien

The pictures of this poll reflect the official royal events of September. The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on October 26. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

A. Japan

Picture Link

Source: AFP PHOTO/Toru YAMANAKA

Chilean President Michelle Bachelet Jeria (L) is welcomed by Japanese Emperor Akihito (R) as she visits the Imperial Palace for a luncheon in Tokyo, 03 September 2007. Bachelet is here on a four-day working visit to Japan

B. Belgium

Picture Link

Source: Isopix

Belgian Queen Paola of Belgium has organised a fair for her 70 birthday in the Palace of Laeken with 800 people of the civile society.

C. Monaco

Picture Link

Source: Belga

Traditional picnic in Monaco" - Prince Albert of Monaco, Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Princess Antoinette with daughter Elisabeth-Anne and granddaughter Melanie pose for a picture during the annual picnic in Monaco on 1 September 2007

D. Norway

Picture Link

Source: Scanpix

Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway attend the gala dinner during the State Visit from Brazil.

E. Britian

Picture Link

Source: Mitchell/Getty

Although the Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are approaching their Diamond Wedding Jubilee, their affection for each other clearly remains the same. During the Braemar Gathering at the Princess Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park the couple shared a good laugh and at one point, the Queen affectionately reached out for the hand of Prince Philip, who she used to call ‘My Viking Prince’.

F. Denmark

Picture Link

Source: Danish Royal Watchers

Denmark's crown Princess Mary (L), Prince Consort henrik, Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and Denmarks Queen Margrethe toast at the galla dinner at the Fredensborg Palace 12 September 2007.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

G. Sweden

Picture Link

Source: Agência Brasil / Ricardo Stuckert/PR

Wife of the President of Brazil, Marisa Leticia Lula da Silva, King Carl XVI Gustav, Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria pose for a photo during the Brazilian State Visit September 12th-13th.

H. Netherlands

Picture Link (additional link)

Source: ANP

Prince Willem-Alexander stands with family and friends outside Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn 01 September 2007 during celebrations for his 40th birthday party

I. Jordan

Picture Link

Source: GettyImages

September 4, 2007 - Queen Rania and her daugther Princess Iman take part in a Chinese tea ceremony in Beijing. The Queen was on a four-day working visit to China.

J. Dubai

Picture Link

Source: Profimedia

Messenger of Peace - Princess Haya shares a laugh with United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and Nobel Laureate Elie Weisel at the Peace Bell Ceremony at UN headquarters in New York on September 21, 2007, the International Day for Peace. The Princess, along with Weisel and six other distinguished individuals, has been designated a UN Messenger for Peace. The messengers of peace possess recognized talents in the fields of arts, literature, music and sports and help to raise international awareness of the ideals and activities of the United Nations.

K. Spain

Picture Link

Source: IPA Press

The whole Royal Family of Spain attended the concert of Madrid's Simphonic Orchestra in honour to their great friend, maestro Mstislav Rostropovich, who died in April 2007. The royals were accompanied by the family of the brilliant cellist (Madrid, September 12, 2007).

L. Luxembourg

Picture Link

Source: Cour grand-ducale/Carlo Hommel

The Grand Duchess and the Princess Alexandra assist in the presentation of Haute Couture collection of Stephane Saunier at the Grand Theater of the City of Luxembourg. Organized in conjunction with the gala of the Luxembourg Red Cross.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

This poll is now open! Enjoy, have fun and remember not to discuss your choices until the poll has closed! Also, please take a moment to thank all of our wonderful committee members who choose these pictures every month! And please make our newest members welcome!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sorry, but I can't see the picture for the Netherlands.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Please try refreshing your page. It might simply be that the photo is also taking a while to load.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

That doesn't seem to be the problem; it takes forever just hanging there, and then it defaults to an error message which doesn't look like the Getty error messages.

AOL Search

Not sure refreshing that will help much.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
My connection timed out as well.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Courtier

That is strange, because I can see the Dutch picture.

This is a new link: http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/292...9258984_rs.jpg

I will send it to Empress too
Old 10-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I didn't have problems viewing the original link as well.
In any case, the new link has now replaced the old one both in the Poll and in Empress's post.

Bear in mind, however, that it may take some time till the picture loads, because of its size.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Easy choice this month
Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

choice

very easy
Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

I can't see the one from getty images. I just get a line of code:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7648...E4704F09FC6C5A Refreshing the page didn't help, ended up having to use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox to view the image.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

You mean picture A? Came up fine for me in IE and Firefox.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Try clicking on the "Picture link" in the first post
Old 10-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Beatiful pics! Thank you, Empress! This time, my choice was more easy than ever. But it was somewhat partial too...

Vanesa.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

why are we able to discuss our votes on the poll who is the most handsome royal man (royal chit chat) before it closes, same website, same situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Welcome to the September Official Picture of the Month 2007!

The monthly official polls will highlight the official side of royalty as opposed to the informal side of royalty.

The monthly polls will consist of pictures that show a royal on official business.
  • gala events such as the Nobel prize ceremonies, state visits, royal ceremonies such as the the Order of the Garter ceremony in Great Britain or the New Years gala for the Knights of the Order of the Elephant in Denmark, Opening of Parliament, coronations, enthronements.
  • openings of public events, government buildings, hospitals, christening of ships, official charity work
  • family celebrations (such as wedding, christening, or special days such as Victoria Day in Sweden or Queen's Day in the Netherlands, King Harald's 70th birthday) and the balcony shots that accompany them
  • among many other official events
We hope by the end of the year to have some really stunning and regal Picture of the Month winners to compete in our 2007 Picture of the Year awards.

For more information on the 2007 Picture of the Month schedule and all we have planned for 2007, take a look at this thread.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: Marengo, Stephanievl

Britain: Avalon - milla Ca - CasiraghiTrio

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Denmark: dazzling, Jessrulz

Dubai: Humera - Warren

Japan: dragonsfire8

Jordan: Humera - Little_star - salma

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

Monaco: Iceflower - Ianna, Michelle, tbhrc

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - KikkiB, carlota

Spain: LaChicaMadrilena - Anna_R - crisiñaki

Sweden: ZandraRae, Furienna, Gita

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, lucien

The pictures of this poll reflect the official royal events of September. The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on October 26.
Quote:
During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices.
For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

You are able to discuss those as those are not the official poll. This is an official poll set up to give a bit of excitement to the process, and that excitement would be lost if everyone told who they voted for don't you think?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

right, had not thought about it that way, thank you :w00t2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
You are able to discuss those as those are not the official poll. This is an official poll set up to give a bit of excitement to the process, and that excitement would be lost if everyone told who they voted for don't you think?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Poll is closed

The poll is closed

Here are the results:

Picture of the month- September: The Netherlands!

1) The Netherlands - 52 Votes
http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/292...9258984_rs.jpg

2) Great Britain - 38 Votes
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...20Poll/1-1.jpg

3) Spain - 18 Votes
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_391lo.jpg

Thanks for your Votes!
Feel free to discuss which picture you voted for now!

Who won the Informal Picture Poll?
You can find the results of the Informal Picture Poll here:
Informal photo poll April-September 2007

Tags
picture of the month, pom