J. 38 13.52%
K. 14 4.98%
L. 50 17.79%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Picture of the Month - May 2006

Welcome to May's Picture of the Month poll!

To emphasize that the Picture of the Month polls are different from other polls around the forum, and that the emphasis should be on the pictures rather than the royal houses for which they represent, instead of the country name, the pictures are embedded into the poll choices this month. To see the image in its full size, click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: Mette2 - Dennism, pdas1201 and Danielle

Spain: mtbcm - LaChicaMadrilena, Elsa M., Anna_R

Jordan: Humera - Little_star

Morocco: Humera - Amira

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Monaco: tbhrc - Ianna, Michelle, Iceflower

Japan: mandyy - kei893265, merampo

Norway: purple_platinum - Larzen, LaMinka

Sweden: purple_platinum - Lena, GrandDuchess

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, Maxie

Britain: princejohnny25 - ysbel, HMQueenElizabethII, Avalon

Denmark: H.M. Margrethe - Mandy, norwegianne, pdas1201

The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on June 23. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the pictures in the above poll have been posted in a random order, first by their shape (portrait or landscape), and do not reflect any personal feelings of The Moderating Team.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

A. Netherlands

Queen Beatrix, prince Willem-Alexander, princess Maxima and the little princesses are going to make their first boat trip of the season at Queen Beatrix's boat 'De Groene Draeck'. Source: AFP

B. Luxembourg

Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg on an official visit with Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican on May 8. Source: Corbis

C. Japan

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visit a nursery school in Tokyo's Shinjuku Ward on May 8, 2006. The imperial couple visit facilities for children every year around May 5, Children's Day, a national holiday in Japan. Source: Profimedia

D. Jordan

May 31, 2006 - Prince Hamzah and wife Princess Noor having fun during a graduation ceremony at the Prince Hamzah Circassian School in Amman. Source: Yahoo/REUTERS

E. Belgium

Philippe and Mathilde visit 'La Ferme Nos Pilifs' - a farm for disabled people in Neder-over-Heembeek in Brussels on May 22nd. Source: Belga

F. Denmark

Crown Princess Mary enjoys some playtime on a trampoline whiel visiting Julemærkehjem, a home for children with weight problems. Source: Rex Features (Hello Magazine)

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

G. Britain

Chelsea flower show is famous for its unusual flower compositions. The Royal brothers, Prince Charles and Prince Andrew didn’t even try to hide their amusement at the look of one of them. Source: Hello Magazine/Rex

H. Dubai

May 1, 2006 - A memorable birthday for Princess Haya as she celebrates the occassion two days in advance at a gala dinner in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She'd also just been elected president of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI). The Princess beat out stiff competition including fellow royal Princess Benedikte of Denmark. Source: dpa

I. Monaco

May 8th, 2006 Salem, Germany: Princess Alexandra of Hanover having fun with her parents Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst-August. The family was in Germany to attend the commemoration for the 100th birthdays of Berthold and Theodora of Baden. Source: Seegerpress / Neue Post

J. Norway

Norway's future queen, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, wore her very first 'bunad' originally from region of Hardanger.
Every National Day, on May 17, the crownprincely family goes outside their home and watched the children parade.
This year, Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit took their 3 children, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Prince Sverre Magnus & Marius. Here, Princess Ingrid Alexandra watched the children parade intently & with serenity as it passed Skaugum.
Source : RPE

K. Sweden

Princess Madeleine of Sweden walks down the steps of the Winter Garden during a gala dinner for the Volvo Ocean Race 11 May 2006 in New York City. The World Childhood Foundation, founded by her mother, Queen Silvia, is honored as the official charitable organization of the race. Princess Madeleine accompanied her parents, King Carl Gustav & Queen Silvia to the gala dinner, as the Swedish royal couple visited New York for a couple of days. Source : Michael Nagle/Getty

L. Spain

At Laureus Gala, a very elegant Crown Princess Letizia is pictured framed by her husband Crown Prince Felipe and His Majesty King Juan Carlos of Spain. Source: Hola.es
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Wow, another great month of pics to choose from. I hope everybody likes the selection of pics from the royals' events in May.

I'd like to remind people NOT TO STATE WHO YOU VOTED FOR until the poll is finished on June 23.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

It's nice to see so many happy and funny moments, month after month.

Congratulations ysbel and Alexandria, you work really fast. And Thank You!

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 06-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

another great photos equals hard choices. 3 favorites have to think before i vote -thanks for all the time and work ladies
Old 06-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well I have to admit I'm a bit bummed out. I was actually in the building where Madeleine appeared in the Winter Garden at the gala event but I didn't know she was there.

Its the office building where I work and I saw the catering staff prepare a very lavish feast but I was working late and wanted to get home so I missed out on the opportunity to see the King, Queen and Madeleine.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

No excuse, ysbel! You should have been reading the Swedish forum and then you'd have known!

Better luck next time...
Old 06-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Nobility

Wow!! Great pictures!!! But it's just making it harder for me to chose!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Sooo many choices & not enough Votes!
Love all the pictures

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 06-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

I have a feeling the votes are going to be very close this time. :) Thanks to everybody who helped choose the pictures and took the time to make this wonderful poll. There's a lot of great pictures and it's a bummer we can only choose one!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I have a feeling the votes are going to be very close this time. :) Thanks to everybody who helped choose the pictures and took the time to make this wonderful poll.
I think it will be close as well. Thanks to everyone who worked on this poll.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 06-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

How hard is to choose just one pic when there are babies in them! Do you all know how much I love babies!

But all May pics are excellent as well...

Vanesa.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Serene Highness

If can I say... This is for me the most beautiful picture poll, Ive seen. Everybody did a excellent job, and now I wanna know the winner!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Queen Beatrix, prince Willem-Alexander, princess Maxima and the little princesses are going to make their first boat trip of the season at Queen Beatrix's boat 'De Groene Draeck'. Source: AFP
Where is Queen Beatrix here?....
Old 06-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batatinha
Where is Queen Beatrix here?....
She was there in the occasion but for the Poll was chosen a tender scene between parents and daughters. SWEET!

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 06-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Wow this is going to be a tough one. All the photos are great!
Old 06-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Serene Highness

it took me 5 visits to the thread before i could cast a vote! it's so difficult to choose just one...

thanks and congrats to all who put the poll together! superb job guys!
Old 06-16-2006, 07:53 AM

Wow that's really hard to chose!
Many cute and funny pictures. :)
Well, I have voted.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:51 AM
Serene Highness

Beautiful pics. It was hard to decide but I finally selected my favourite.

Tags
picture of the month, pom