I. 20 8.77%
J. 6 2.63%
K. 20 8.77%
L. 6 2.63%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture of the Month: March 2006

Welcome to March's Picture of the Month poll!

To emphasize that the Picture of the Month polls are different from other polls around the forum, and that the emphasis should be on the pictures rather than the royal houses for which they represent, instead of the country name, the pictures are embedded into the poll choices this month. To see the image in its full size, click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: Mette2 - Dennism, pdas1201 and Danielle

Spain: mtbcm - LaChicaMadrilena, Elsa M., Anna_R

Jordan: Humera - Little_star

Morocco: Humera - Amira

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Monaco: tbhrc - Ianna, Michelle, Iceflower

Japan: mandyy - kei893265, merampo

Norway: purple_platinum - Larzen, LaMinka

Sweden: purple_platinum - Lena

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, Maxie

Britain: princejohnny25 - ysbel, HMQueenElizabethII, Avalon

Denmark: H.M. Margrethe - Mandy, norwegianne, pdas1201

In response to member feedback this month's poll will be open for three weeks rather than two. It will close on Saturday, April 22. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the pictures in the above poll have been posted in a random order, first by their shape (portrait or landscape), and do not reflect any personal feelings of The Moderating Team.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Photo Captions

A. Norway

Princess Ingrid Alexandra hug big brother, Marius Borg Hoiby, from behind with an adoring smile.
Meanwhile, Marius hold his younger brother, Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway at their home in Skaugum, near Oslo 02 March 2006.
The photo session was on the occasion of the upcoming baptising ceremony of the youngest son of Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway, to be named Sverre Magnus, 04 March 2006

Photo by Lise Åserud/Scanpix via Dagbladet

B. Brunei

YTM Azrinaz Mazhar, Ibu Hajah Ani Bambang Yudhoyono (wife of the President of Indonesia), and Queen Saleha of Brunei share a laugh on their way to a state banquet in honour of Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and his wife. The Indonesian President was on a two-day state visit to Brunei. Source: Infofoto Brunei.

C. Jordan

Queen Rania and King Abdullah of Jordan are welcomed by President Jacques Chirac at the Elysee Palace in Paris. The royal couple were on a working visit of France. Source: Deadline press.

D. Monaco

March 25th, 2006 in Monte Carlo, Monaco: Charlotte Casiraghi and her brother Andrea Casiraghi dance at the Monte Carlo Rose Ball 2006 while their brother Pierre is watching them.

E. Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria came out to celebrate her Name Day, "Victoria Day" with many well-wishers on the courtyard of Royal Palace of Stockholm. Afterward, she met with representation of Swedish bakers, who was dressed as a cook. They presented a huge yellow cake, along with a check for her foundation.

F. Britain

On there second offical royal tour, HRH Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall makes her first big public mishap. Though she laughed it off and continued with her duties I think she will always check that theres a chair there next time.
Source: APA

Old 04-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

G. Netherlands

Princess Maxima of the Netherlands thanks a little girl after launching 'Showdown', a World Down Syndrome Awareness Day on March 21, 2006 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Source: HELLO!

H. Denmark

Prince Joachim of Denmark visited Cambodia and Vietnam, in capacity of his patronage of CARE Denmark, earlier this month.
Photo credit: Nils Meilvang, B.T.

I. Japan

Prince Naruhito stepped forward to gently stroke Aiko's hair as his daughter Princess Aiko and wife Princess Masako welcomed him in front of Togu Palace from his Mexico trip on March 21, 2006. Aiko was happy to have her father back at her side.
Source: Profmedia

J. Belgium

While on an economic mission to South Africa Philippe visits a cyber cafe for kids on March 16th in Tembisa.
Source: Belga.

K. Spain

Don Iñaki and Juan Urdangarín are having great time together and sharing, from the beggining, the afeción for handball, a sport that means so much for the father that he wishes to share and this picture is the result of a happy and perfect mixture of tenderness, joy and fellowship between father and son.
Photo from Hola.

L. Luxembourg

Grand Duke Henri and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume tour the Russian Orthodox Church in Wiesbaden, Germany, on an official visit to the city in March.
Photo from http://www.tomwag.com
Old 04-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi everybody,

Sorry for the earlier inconvenience of the previous poll not working. I have re-done the poll and this one should be working.

The poll still closes on April 22.

Happy voting!
Old 04-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Wink

thanks for the time and effort and all the great photos. i have a feeling we all know which one is going to win (wink)
Old 04-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Really great pics this month.... Thanks to everyone who contribuated....

Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

this month's pictures are wonderful as the previous polls.
Everyone has done such an amazing job.
Im going to have a hard time deciding again...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with Humera. Deciding will be hard... so much beautiful pictures!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Many people working hard for choosing the best pictures of each Royal House..what a great job..the pictures of this month are really well chosen and for sure will be a difficult decision
Old 04-07-2006, 10:10 PM

Talking great pictures

i just loved all the pictures and i,d like to say hello and cumpliment the royal forum for the pictures
best wishes
carangi
Old 04-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Okay, 158 votes so far, not bad, but the first poll got like 320 or so... So come on, everyone who hasn't voted - do it NOW....
Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

to decide on one is not easy...lovely selection!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Wow!!! Great pics :) Was realy hard to vote just in one... :o
Old 04-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Looking good everyone... Let the votes keep on coming...
Old 04-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Smile Princess cake - funny!

The cake CP Viktoria is baking in the picture is called "Princess cake" (Prinsess tårta) in Swedish. That´s funny, I think! :)
Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
The cake CP Viktoria is baking in the picture is called "Princess cake" (Prinsess tårta) in Swedish. That´s funny, I think! :)
O, yes. I knew I recognized it. They have it at IKEA. How very appropriate then. :)
Old 04-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Courtier

They are all veyr cool.. hard to decide this time...
Old 04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Commoner

I had voted!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Majesty

Everyone who hasn't voted, should do it now, because it's your last chance.... Come on cast your vote... 228 votes are great but more would be better.... hehe
Old 04-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

The voting is now over for our March Picture of the Month Poll.

228 members voted, with 73 members casting their votes for the Norwegian picture, making it March's winning Picture of the Month.

Congratulations to the Norwegian team for picking such a precious picture!

Thanks to all the Picture of the Month Representatives and their Committee Members for their efforts in making this poll happen and to all those members who voted.

This thread is now open for discussions of which picture you voted for and why.