Spain 57 17.76%
Great Britain 7 2.18%
The Netherlands 6 1.87%
Jordan 15 4.67%
Brunei 7 2.18%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Aristocracy

I chose Denmark, just the look on the faces of the proud parents won me over!
And baby looks so serene and content!
It was definitely a tough choice though!

Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

"I guess it's okay to say which one you voted for and esp. why you've chosen that one... :)"

OK then. I voted for the Monaco picture. The Grimaldi family have had a tough time over the years and although I don't follow them all the time I'm usually aware of the new things.
So it was really wonderful to see pictures of Stephanie and Albert looking so loving and close. Every family has their ups and downs but as the photos shows the downs don't always dominate.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

My vote goes to "Denmark"! :)
Old 02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

My vote goes to Norway. As you may know I really like the Norwegian Royal family esp. Ingrid Alexandra. I had a hard time to pick either Denmark or Norway, and my vote did get to Norway as I did say.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, it's OK to say which one you voted for, but that might influence other voters. I think we'll have to see how that works with this month and then decide next month whether to discourage talking about which photo people voted for until the poll is closed.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, it's OK to say which one you voted for, but that might influence other voters. I think we'll have to see how that works with this month and then decide next month whether to discourage talking about which photo people voted for until the poll is closed.
Maybe it's better when people only vote in a poll? If it's possible of course. I have to agree. I think it's more objective when everybody can vote without knowing what others have voted...
Old 02-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

Smile

What a fun poll! So many great pictures, it was hard to choose just one!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Please people, vote for the spanish picture of the month, i've already did and we are currently loosing with Denmark, so please vote!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
I already voted! And we were losing with Denmark and Norway!! :(
Again, please vote!!
Okay, you may want to kill me for this but I'll say it anyway (since I believe that constructive criticism is always worth a shot.)

I think that the reason why the Spanish picture is losing for Norway and Denmark is because the picture chosen is plain boring.

I like the concept of three generations of royalty in the same picture, but Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia are there too. Besides, only Letizia is looking at the camera with which this picture was taken.

This may sound a little harsh, but as I said, I mean no offense by it, it's just constructive criticism.

I'm a HUGE supporter of the Spanish royals, but judging the pictures, I simply had to vote for Norway, with Ingrid Alexandra and her rose. There were so many great pictures from the baptism to choose... There was Leonor staring at Letizia, Leonor smiling in her sleep, Felipe kissing his daughter, Queen Sofia kissing her granddaughter, Jaime playing with Irene, the queen telling the Urdangarín boys to shoosh... so many precious moments and then the final choice is a plain boring official picture.

I just hope that you can take this nicely and from now on try to improve your choices.

By the way, do the moderators or administrators (or even both of them) have any saying in this? Because it would be really nice to see if you can consult with them and do a little brainstorming to choose the pictures.

I'm pretty sure that Elsa, Alexandria, Anna and Ennyllorac would be willing to help, since they are so diligent and dotting moderators and seem to be very nice people.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith
Okay, you may want to kill me for this but I'll say it anyway (since I believe that constructive criticism is always worth a shot.)

I think that the reason why the Spanish picture is losing for Norway and Denmark is because the picture chosen is plain boring.

I like the concept of three generations of royalty in the same picture, but Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia are there too. Besides, only Letizia is looking at the camera with which this picture was taken.

This may sound a little harsh, but as I said, I mean no offense by it, it's just constructive criticism.

I'm a HUGE supporter of the Spanish royals, but judging the pictures, I simply had to vote for Norway, with Ingrid Alexandra and her rose. There were so many great pictures from the baptism to choose... There was Leonor staring at Letizia, Leonor smiling in her sleep, Felipe kissing his daughter, Queen Sofia kissing her granddaughter, Jaime playing with Irene, the queen telling the Urdangarín boys to shoosh... so many precious moments and then the final choice is a plain boring official picture.

I just hope that you can take this nicely and from now on try to improve your choices.

By the way, do the moderators or administrators (or even both of them) have any saying in this? Because it would be really nice to see if you can consult with them and do a little brainstorming to choose the pictures.

I'm pretty sure that Elsa, Alexandria, Anna and Ennyllorac would be willing to help, since they are so diligent and dotting moderators and seem to be very nice people.
Hmm...... i think..... that.... i won't kill you for that! You will have another opportunity!
And besides the next photo will be better! Maybe, for some people, this isn't the best photo even so i'm sure that we will try to choose the best photo for the next month and then you will vote!!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

This part is not a constructive criticism. On the other hand, Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia are part of the royalty, sorry for you.

Quote:
I did not see the constructive criticism yet

Quote:
A lot of precius moments, but the important part was Infanta Leonor, her fathers and granfathers.

Quote:

In the election of the picture took part six people that work a lot in SRF, including at first three moderators but one of them did no answer The pic posted was the most voted with 4 votes
Old 02-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Majesty

i voted for IA but i did love victorias photo
Old 02-02-2006, 07:17 AM

I voted for Spain, I like Princess Letizia very much
Old 02-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
As we don't have official access to any photo agencies, we have to make do with whatever images we can find. Additionally, some royal families are covered more than others, and hence, more higher resolution and sharper images will be more readily available for some families than others.

I think that you can still understand and appreciate the image of the Imperial family even though it may not be a super sharp image.
Yes I still can enjoy every photo posted in forum even it doesn’t have a sharp image. I just little disappointed that the Japanese family picture for this poll doesn’t seem to be the best picture of Japanese Imperial Family member in this forum (in my opinion). Actually Mandyy has posted a lot of beautiful Japanese IF pictures in this forum with a quiet good sharp image, I could show some of them with a good sharp image and in very touched moment picture. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217990&d=1133418575
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217969&d=1133404984
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217970&d=1133404984
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217974&d=1133408135
Well it is just my opinion, I just was trying doing something to support our forum for best, no offence at all to Mandyy or someone else:) .
Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
Yes I still can enjoy every photo posted in forum even it doesn’t have a sharp image. I just little disappointed that the Japanese family picture for this poll doesn’t seem to be the best picture of Japanese Imperial Family member in this forum (in my opinion). Actually Mandyy has posted a lot of beautiful Japanese IF pictures in this forum with a quiet good sharp image, I could show some of them with a good sharp image and in very touched moment picture. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217990&d=1133418575
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217969&d=1133404984
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217970&d=1133404984
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=217974&d=1133408135
Well it is just my opinion, I just was trying doing something to support our forum for best, no offence at all to Mandyy or someone else:) .
I agree that the image links you've shared are very nice and very touching, however, the images were released for Aiko's birthday back in the fall. For this poll, the representatives of each forum had to pick an image from January, which may have been limiting.

Also, this was everyone's first experience with this project and we are all learning and experimenting about what works and what doesn't. So, give us time; there is a learning curve in all of this. February's poll will be better, and March's poll even better than that. And by December we'll have everything down pact.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
The top 3 vote getters so far feature babies. Hmm. I guess that is not surprising. Luxembourg's photo was good too. Nice family photo of the young royals.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

I know some people might be surprised but my vote goes to...

Princess Ingrid Alexandra's 2nd Birthday photo

I loved this picture as soon as norwegianne changed her avatar.
With my ignorance in these aspects I thought "Anne, you did magic. How did you manage photoshop or something :o in order to make such a beautiful avatar?!" When some time later I found it was really a picture I found it even more overwhelming and it has melt my heart since.

All photos are different between them but I would never choose Denmark (not because the supposed rivalry between SRF and DRF' fans) but I don't like how Frederik coat looks...
As for the Spanish photo it is a very beautiful photo but not the most. We, Spanish vibrant fans, will have to wait for our turn.

I am so sorry I got to this thread so late. I hope I can give my contribution from the start next month.

Congratulations the one that conceived this idea, moderators for their endless support, and to all the members that accepted this difficult task of choosing among thousands of great moments one that could mean exactly what this month was for each Royal Family Fans.

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Japanese Imperial Family Photo
The released of Aiko's Birthday photo was in December and this poll is featuring photos from Jan. 2006. I chose this new years photo instead of the other official photo with Aiko sitting on her mother's lap because I liked how Aiko and Kako interacted with each other by doing orgami. If this poll was choosing a photo from December, I would've definitetly choosen a birthday photo of Aiko.

From this new years video from Kunaicho, we could see that they're having a great time together.
http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/meta-10/h180101-300.wvx

Too bad there's not a better quality photo of the one, this is the best I can do for this photo.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
With my ignorance in these aspects I thought "Anne, you did magic. How did you manage photoshop or something :o in order to make such a beautiful avatar?!" When some time later I found it was really a picture I found it even more overwhelming and it has melt my heart since.
Oh, yes... The magic of a good photo.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

It has been asked that members not state which picture they've voted for until the poll is over (March 2) so as not to influence other voters. When the poll is over, the thread will still be open so that members can state why they voted for the image they did.

Thanks to everyone for their cooperation.

The TRF Moderating Team
Old 02-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinaMaud
I voted for Spain, I like Princess Letizia very much
If you want to vote for Letizia as your favourite princess, I'm sure you can find a poll to do so elsewhere on the site. This poll is supposed to be about best photos, not favourite royals.

If people are going to just vote en bloc for their favourite royal or their country of birth - and encouraging others to do likewise (and even, apparently, creating spare IDs of their own in order to be able to vote several times) - while disregarding the photos themselves, it makes a complete mockery of the whole exercise.

If this is just going to degenerate into groups of fans going into battle on behalf of their pet royals, we might as well just shut the whole process down now and write it off as something that would have been nice to do if we'd only had a more mature membership.