The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Vote for August's picture of the month.
A. 9 3.64%
B. 38 15.38%
C. 63 25.51%
D. 36 14.57%
E. 14 5.67%
F. 1 0.40%
G. 7 2.83%
H. 19 7.69%
I. 12 4.86%
J. 48 19.43%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Picture of the Month: August 2006

Welcome to August's Picture of the Month poll!

To emphasize that the Picture of the Month polls are different from other polls around the forum, and that the emphasis should be on the pictures rather than the royal houses for which they represent, instead of the country name, the pictures are embedded into the poll choices this month. To see the image in its full size, click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: Danielle - Dennism, Adry

Spain: mtbcm - LaChicaMadrilena, Elsa M., Anna_R

Jordan: Humera - Little_star

Morocco: Humera - Warren

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Monaco: tbhrc - Ianna, Michelle, Iceflower

Japan: mandyy - kei893265, merampo

Norway: purple_platinum - Larzen, LaMinka

Sweden: purple_platinum - Lena, GrandDuchess

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, Maxie

Britain: Avalon - Elspeth, Warren

Denmark: soCal girl - Mandy. norwegianne, Lasse Pedersen

The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on September 24. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the pictures in the above poll have been posted in a random order, first by their shape (portrait or landscape), and do not reflect any personal feelings of The Moderating Team.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Majesty

A. Jordan

Prince Ali and his sister Princess Haya cheer their national soccer team during their Asian Cup qualifying soccer match against the United Arab Emirates in Amman August 16, 2006.
Source: REUTERS/Ali Jarekji (via Yahoo)

B. Monaco

Andrea Casiraghi, the son of Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Hanover, was in Manila this August to visit the charity work of his mother for Amade-Virlanie Foundation, a socio-civic organization dedicated to providing shelter and guidance to abused children. In this picture Andrea visited Clark, a former American air force miltary base in Angeles City, which left behind toxic contaminated land and water. The child in this picture, Abraham 11 years old, will probably die within the next year.
Scanned from Point de Vue - Gamma Press

C. Netherlands and Japan

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Crown Princess Masako of Japan, Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan, their daughter Princess Aiko, Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands holding Princess Alexia, Princess Amalia and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands pose for photographers during a photocall at Palace Het Loo, during their summer holiday, on August 18, 2006 in Apeldoorn, Netherlands.
Source: Planet

D. Spain

At Marivent - A family instant with Princess Letizia hugging her summer companion, Queen Sofia; Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos sharing a private laugh; Leonor discovering dad’s buttons while Pablo, most certainly, thinks to himself “And I am the one supposed to stand quiet and behave?!”
Source: ABC.es

E. Denmark

HH Princess Alexandra and HH Prince Felix at ECCO Walkathon.
Source: Madeleine Glindorf

F. Belgium

Prince Philippe is back in business and attends the opening ceremony and the competitions at the IAAF Golden League athletics meeting “Memorial Van Damme” in Brussels tonight. He took the chance to congratulate his compatriot Tia Hellebaut, who won the high jump gold medal at the 2006 European Championship earlier this month. Furthermore he honours the Belgian European Champion Kim Gevaert who won the women’s 200 meters tonight.
(BELGA, anp)

G. Sweden

On 12th August 2006, King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden were present at Kungsrallyt - The King's Rally - at Borgholm on the island of Öland. The royal couple drove a Volvo PV 60 from 1946, given to the King on his 50th anniversary 1996.
Source: Jonas Ekströmer/scanpix/pool

H. Britain

How many Royals can boast the title of World Champion? Well, Zara Phillips, Queen Elizabeth’s granddaughter, can as she just added the World Champion title to her European Champion one. Zara won gold at the World Individual Eventing Championship and silver in the Team ranking. She dedicated her victory to a friend, fellow showjumper Sherelle Duke, who was killed during a competition only a week earlier.
Source: reuters via yahoo

I. Brunei

August 22 - Huda Bahaaul Bulqiah, daughter of HRH Princess Umi Kalthum (sister of the Sultan of Brunei) at her Berbedak ceremony. During the ceremony, one of several pre-wedding rituals of Brunei weddings, several coloured powders mixed with perfumes are applied to the palms of the bride which are then sprinkled with rose water.
Source: Infofoto

J. Norway

To commemorate the 5th Royal Wedding Anniversary of Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Mette-Marit gave an interview to the August issue of Norwegian ELLE magazine. The Crown Princess didn't want the photos to be styled much, to the contrary, it just shows how natural & down-to-earth she appears. Here she is, along with her family (Haakon, Marius, Ingrid Alexandra, and Sverre Magnus) after the photo session in her hometown, Kristiansand.
Source: Norwegian Elle magazine (scanned by Emma)

Old 09-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Administrator

 The August Picture of the Month poll is now 

= Open =

Old 09-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Courtier

Out of curiosity, why does King Carl Gustav have an egg on a spoon in his mouth?
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange
Out of curiosity, why does King Carl Gustav have an egg on a spoon in his mouth?
They participated in a egg and spoon race that involved driving one of those old cars, while holding a spoon with a delicately balanced golf ball in his mouth. You have more details in the currents events thread.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Aristocracy

No picture from Luxembourg? Has it really been that quiet there?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

What a nice selection of photos...But I've no doubt when I must to vote...

Vanesa.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlusBelle
No picture from Luxembourg? Has it really been that quiet there?
I was handling the picture of the month before I stepped down and I forgot to mention it to Mandy who handled this month's poll. The Luxembourg team chose not to submit a picture for the August poll because they couldn't find one with the Grand Ducal family away on summer holidays. But with Louis and Tessy's wedding taking place this month, they will certainly submit one then!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Aristocracy

Cool, thanks!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Majesty

Just a few more days. So don't forget to cast your vote!
Old 09-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

The first place took Netherlands and Japan's pic! Congrats!
Old 09-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to Japan and the Netherlands, winners of the August poll!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Courtier

All the pictures are good thanks...I like the picture of Japanese and Netherlands RF, everybody is smiling. I also like the Spanish RF family event it shows how nice relationship between them...I also like the colour of princess Brunei's wedding picture. The picture of Norwegian crown princely family bit blurred but the event has been captured looks nice. I noticed that the picture of Belgian RF the only one has watermark.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The Japanese/Holland picture is amazing! All those great kids together, plus their shining parents, plus Queen Beatrix.

I think the Brunei picture is simply great - wonderful piece of Art, imo.
And of course, I am really fond of Norway and Monaco pictures, both show warmth. Same goes for the Spanish one.

Overall, I really liked all the pics this month - each of them meant something.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!

Tags
picture of the month, pom