The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Majesty

Norwegianne,in addition to the july birthday calender:

July 30th:Infanta Maria del Pilar (Spain,1936)

Old 08-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for putting up August's newsletter--amazing indeed! if not, that's info overlaod. i just noticed though that there was a lack of information on female royalty from Asia. i'm sure there are also notable queens and princesses from this side of the globe.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
thanks for putting up August's newsletter--amazing indeed! if not, that's info overlaod. i just noticed though that there was a lack of information on female royalty from Asia. i'm sure there are also notable queens and princesses from this side of the globe.
RhapsodyBrat, If you could give us a few candidates from Asia, I'm sure we could fit them somewhere in the newsletter.

Thank you for reminding us of Infanta's birthday Lucien. It's added both in the Calendar and in the newsletter.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Majesty

Dear Avalon & Norwegiane,

In addition to the august newsletter other events of note list:

01.08 Anniversary of the Enthronement of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei (1968)

15.08 National Day,Liechtenstein

And at the special events list:

07.08 Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik meeting the press at the cháteau de Caix,France.

lucien.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
RhapsodyBrat, If you could give us a few candidates from Asia, I'm sure we could fit them somewhere in the newsletter.
i'll do my best! i hope our other members who are also familiar with the Asian monarchs can help too.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
i'll do my best! i hope our other members who are also familiar with the Asian monarchs can help too.
Or maybe we could dedicate a future edition to them? We're always on the lookout for interesting topics.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Great job on this months newsletter about royals in history. I was wondering if you guys had already done a newsletter about royal vacations be that summer or winter or both! That would be interesting where everyone goes and what properties they have there.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
Or maybe we could dedicate a future edition to them? We're always on the lookout for interesting topics.
that'll be great too! maybe we can divide them into current, existing royal houses, and then do a feature on the non-existing/abolished or mediatised houses.

thanks!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Great job on this months newsletter about royals in history. I was wondering if you guys had already done a newsletter about royal vacations be that summer or winter or both! That would be interesting where everyone goes and what properties they have there.
An extensive one was put together two years ago. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tion-6545.html Given that it hasn't changed much in the past two years for a lot of the royals, we've chosen not to copy what has already been done this summer. But one for the winter holidays is a possibility.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the October Newsletter. Great work, Avalon, Zonk and Norwegianne!
A very special and interesting topic. I really enjoy to read it !
Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

came across the November newsletter which found very intresting & new info to me, never knew that Brazil had a royal family, basically because I never heard about it. this is new info. Thankss
Old 11-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

We are glad you liked the October and November newsletters, milla Ca and dazzling!

Anna_R and Marengo helped to write the October newsletter.
Anna_R is also to be credited with volunteering to write the November newsletter.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Gentry

I also found the information on Brazilian royalty very interesting. Thanks for that.

On the birthdays, though, is the birthday of Crown Prince Otto von Habsburg correctly listed? It's on the 20th according to several references.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricar View Post
On the birthdays, though, is the birthday of Crown Prince Otto von Habsburg correctly listed? It's on the 20th according to several references.
We take our information on birthdays from TRF's calendar. It is so that it follows timezones. Depending on who put it in, and when it is retrieved, it may be a day wrong from the actual date. It has been corrected.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Nobility

I like this newsletter a lot. Brief info of the year
Old 01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Great 'summary of 2007' newsletter! It's been precisely a year since I joined TRF and this was a perfect overview and a good way to trace back stuff you've forgot or missed, about any of the RFs. Well done guys!
Old 01-31-2008, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

We're glad you liked it
Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for putting up the February newsletter! great read. however, there is one error: isn't Märtha Louise (b. 1971) older than Haakon (b. 1973)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
The wedding was held in Oslo Cathedral on 29 August 1968. The newlyweds were received with great jubilation by people throughout the country. They had more causes for celebrations, when in 1971 the first child of the couple, Crown Prince Haakon was born, followed by a sisted, Princess Martha Louise in 1973.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

We are glad you liked it.
You are right, Martha Louise is the older one, it is corrected.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for includng our country in March's newsletter! although I understand that the authors went for brevity in noting places named after royals, I would like to share something to add to the info there.

Isabela City, the capital of the province of Basilan located in the southern part of the country, is not just the only place named after Queen Isabella II of Spain. We actually have the province of Isabela, in North Luzon, as well as another Isabela town can be found in the province of Negros Occidental, which is located in the central islands of Visayas.

Apart from that, the town of Alfonso here in my province of Cavite was named after Alfonso XII, son of Isabella II. Another Cavite town, Amadeo, was named after Prince Amadeo Fernando Maria of Savoy whose birthday coincided with the inauguration of the new town.

Isabela province also has a municipality named Reina Mercedes, but I cannot confirm if it was indeed named after a Spanish queen.

Tags
monthly news, newsletter