J. http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...7-0098-017.jpg 49 33.79%
K. http://i23.tinypic.com/jgk01x.jpg 10 6.90%
L. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...GDle_plage.jpg 4 2.76%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Informal photo poll April-September 2007

Welcome to the Informal Picture of the Month Poll!

The pictures in this poll will reflect the informal and casual moments of our favorite royals during the past few months.

For more information on the 2007 Picture of the Month schedule and all we have planned for the rest of 2007, take a look at this thread.

If you would like information regarding the 2008 Picture of the Month schedule you can find it here. If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact Empress or myself.

Our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: Marengo, Stephanievl

Britain: Avalon - milla Ca - CasiraghiTrio

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Denmark: dazzling, Jessrulz

Dubai: Humera - Warren

Japan: dragonsfire8

Jordan: Humera - Little_star- salma

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

Monaco: Iceflower - Ianna, Michelle, tbhrc

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - KikkiB, carlota

Spain: LaChicaMadrilena - Anna_R - crisiñaki

Sweden: ZandraRae, Furienna, Gita

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, lucien

The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on October 26. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun!

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 09-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Moderator Emeritus

A. Japan

Picture Link

Source: AFP

Hisahito's siblings Mako and Kako help to entertain their little brother, whose face was a picture of cheerful concentration

B.
Belgium

Picture Link

Source:7082561 / APIWOA16/07/2007 16:50 BELGA

Prince Philippe, Mathilde and Children

C. Norway

Picture Link

Source: Scanpix

Waving Royal Family: Norway's Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Prince Sverre Magnus and Marius Borg Høiby pictured during a photo session at Skaugum Monday afternoon. Even little Prince Sverre Magnus waved happily to the photographers.

D. Britain

Picture Link

Source: Hello ; Date - June 5, 2007

Although all members of the Royal Family received enthusiastic welcome during the Opening of the Welsh Assembly, the Prince of Wales was clearly the champion in the hearts of the Welsh people. Charles was smothered in hugs from a group of children who jostled for space as they threw their arms around him. Clearly touched by the gesture, the heir to the throne reciprocated with a hug of his own. And the affection didn't end there. There was no mistaking the delight of one elderly lady who bestowed a kiss and a cuddle on the royal visitor.

E. Denmark

Picture Link

Source: Rex Features, via HELLO! magazine

Flying as high as you can in an aeroplane made of "Lego", Prince Christian enjoys some quality time with Mum and Dad (Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik) during a family outing to Legoland in early August.

F. Sweden

Picture Link

Source: Jonas Ekstromer/ANP

Princess Madeleine watching the final days play in the Solheim Cup at the Halmstad Golf club in Sweden, September 16, 2007.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Moderator Emeritus

G. Netherlands

Picture Link

Source: ANP

Princess Ariane is held by her father Crown Prince Willem Alexander, as Princess Catharina-Amalia, her mother Princess Máxima and Princess Alexia celebrate Alexia's second birthday on June 26, 2007 in The Hague, Netherlands

H.
Jordan

Picture Link

Source: Petra

Love of the game - Prince Ali, Queen Rania and King Abdullah enjoy the Arab Champions League's football final between Jordan and Algeria on May 17, 2007.

I.
Brunei

Picture Link

Source: Polfoto

Little Cinderella
- Prince Azim places a pair of satin slippers on the feet of five-year old Ellie Stirling as she sits on the lap of actor Jude Law. The Prince was attending the 'Make a Wish Foundation' annual ball at Blenheim Palace on May 20, 2007.

J. Spain

Picture Link

Source: IPA press

Little Infanta Leonor, accompanied by her very proud parents and her new school bag, was clearly both curious and excited by the thought of the new experience that lay ahead. The eldest daughter of the Prince and Princess of Asturias went to school (la Escuela Infantil de la Guardia Real in Madrid) for the first time on Friday morning (September 7, 2007).

K. Monaco

Picture Link

Source: charlottemaripomeline.web-log

"Fun in the sun" - Princess Caroline of Hanover and her daughter Princess Alexandra, 8, enjoy a summer day with a boat trip in the Mediterranean Sea in July 2007"

L.
Luxembourg

Picture Link

Source: Guy Wolff/Cour grand-ducale.

Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Duchess, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Princes Félix, Sébastien and Louis, Princess Alexandra and Mrs. Tessy de Nassau.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The informal poll is now open! Enjoy, have fun and remember not to discuss your choices until the poll has closed!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Please, don’t state which picture you had voted for, until the poll is closed.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

It's toddlers-time again.

Great choices, everyone!

Old 10-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

So...Many...Choices! Who..To..Choose? So Difficult!!! To many cute kids....AHHHH.!!!!!!!!!

*never mind, I voted. I'm okay now.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Serene Highness

i haven't voted yet (because i need to think through clearly! ) but what a great selection of photos! i was pleasantly surprised to see the photo for Jordan. they're hardly your image of avid soccer fans, but it was clear to me that King Abdullah, Queen Rania and Prince Ali were absolutely enjoying it.

kudos to the team for the great work!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, not to be nasty of anything, but what part of ´don’t state which picture you have voted for, until the poll is closed´ is too difficult to understand?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I had not seen it. Perhaps you can put it in bold letters. Just wanted to post who I voted for. why can you not influence people to do what you do or to do excact the opposite?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

As seen in the 4th post of this thread by Lady Jennifer (Assistant Picture of the Month Coordinator)," ...remember not to discuss your choices until the poll has closed!"

Once the poll is closed, it will be interesting to see why everyone voted for their pictures. But before that, everyone have their own heads on their shoulders and can make up their mind themselves.
But before that, is there a need to say which kid is cuter or which royal is more funny?
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Serene Highness

then is there a way you can keep the discussion part closed while keeping the poll option open? or is that option or administrative action not available on VBulletin? i don't see why you can't discuss merits or demerits of a photo while a poll is on going (but not disclosing your personal vote, of course, in keeping with forum rules). you said it yourself, "everyone have their own heads on their shoulders and can make up their mind themselves," so it's up to the individual if s/he lets the posts influence his/her vote.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

It is perfectly ok to discuss the merits of pictures, but do it objectively. Because if you say "The Timbuktu picture is wonderful and all the rest are worth nothing", it's kind of obvious who you have voted for, isn't it?

To make everything more clear, you'd better wait till the PoM Coordinators (Empress and Lady Jennifer) or PoM Superviser (Mandy) give their opinion on the matter.

It would be a pity if the poll tread had to be we had to be closed for discussions until the polls are closed.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that it is fine to discuss the merits of each individual picture, as long as it is clear you are not discussing the photo that you voted for. If there is any doubt about that then we will delete that particular comment.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:20 PM

OMG all the teams have exceeded my wildest dreams with these pictures. Norway, Spain, the Netherlands, Monaco, Belgium..... all beautiful! And of course the wonderful pic of Prince Charles being mobbed by the kiddies! But the choice here is impossible. I should have expected it, for it is the informal poll, as always filled with jolly and warm moments, but I wasn't expecting such an impossible choice as this.... I am speechless.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Hum...What a hard choice, people! All these are lovely! Of course, I've choose only one of them, but they are all excellent! Congratuations for those who selectionned the pics!

Vanesa.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the pictures of prince charles, wa and maxima and their children and the picture of leonor going to kindergarden.
I could not recognize caroline and her daughter and I have seen better ones of them
Old 10-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

What lovely pictures, this is a difficult poll i must say. Picture of Leonor is adorable & Caroline with her daughter is timeless, i also thought many more pictures were

& my vote goes to .... (sorry, have to wait till the poll is closed to spill it out )
Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
i haven't voted yet (because i need to think through clearly! ) but what a great selection of photos! i was pleasantly surprised to see the photo for Jordan. they're hardly your image of avid soccer fans, but it was clear to me that King Abdullah, Queen Rania and Prince Ali were absolutely enjoying it.

kudos to the team for the great work!
Glad you liked it! The jacket Rania is wearing is actually Ali's, she must have been feeling cold and he leant her his.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
then is there a way you can keep the discussion part closed while keeping the poll option open? or is that option or administrative action not available on VBulletin? i don't see why you can't discuss merits or demerits of a photo while a poll is on going (but not disclosing your personal vote, of course, in keeping with forum rules). you said it yourself, "everyone have their own heads on their shoulders and can make up their mind themselves," so it's up to the individual if s/he lets the posts influence his/her vote.
As far as I know, you can't have an open poll in a closed thread. We might want to test the option, but it's sort of nice for people to be able to chat about the photos when they're first looking at them.

As far as the "don't say who you voted for" request, we're trying to avoid a situation where a person comes along, thinks "I'll vote for photo x" and then reads the thread full of "photo y is soooo much better than the others," "photo y is the best photo" and so on, and then they get to thinking, "well, maybe I'm missing something because apparently photo x isn't all that good after all, so I'll vote for the one everybody thinks is the best one."

I know people shouldn't let themselves be influenced like that, but there's plenty of evidence from everything from simple polls to general elections which shows that it happens. And we really don't want to turn the poll threads into campaign sites where partisans of some of the more popular countries are trying to influence other people's votes. We had that happen during the first couple of polls, and that was enough.

Tags
picture of the month, pom