Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

February 2012 Official Picture of the Month poll

Welcome to the

February 2012 Official Picture of the Month poll

The pictures in this poll show the official side of royalty. It will close on 27 February 2012. During this time, we ask that NO ONE STATE WHOM THEY'VE VOTED FOR so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. After the poll closes, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium
stephanievl - Marengo, Lina RdC

Britain
Sunnystar - soapstar, Zonk

Brunei/Malaysia/Dubai
Humera - Warren

Morocco
Humera - Mademoiselle Lilo, shrifia

Denmark
Princess Robijn - Jessrulz, Sternchen

Japan
Dragonsfire8 - Al_bina, kkgg1011

Jordan
Humera - salma

Luxembourg
Jessrulz - kyansaunt20

Monaco
Iceflower - radker18,

Norway
Her_Majesty - Maura724

Spain
Mari_* - Ladejesus

Sweden
Iceflower -

The Netherlands
Marika86 - Marengo, Lucien

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls, please contact LadyK and/or dazzling

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in random order and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun!
LadyK & dazzling

Old 03-04-2012, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A.) Sweden

Picture Link
Source: epa

Bursting with pride and joy - Prince Daniel of Sweden announcing the birth of his daughter Princess Estelle at an official press conference at the Karolinska Sjukhuset hospital in Stockholm. Crown Princess Victoria gave birth to the girl a few hours earlier on February 23, 2012.

B.) Monaco

Picture Link
Source: reuters

A princely opening - Princess Charlene of Monaco, together with husband Prince Albert, unveiling a plaque during the official inauguration of the "Princess Charlene" child welfare shelter in Monaco on February 1, 2012.

C.) The Netherlands

Picture Link
Source: Het Koninklijk Huis

Princess Maxima received the Machiavelliaward 2011 at Nieuwspoort in The Hague. February 08, 2012.

D.) Britain

Picture Link
Source: kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi

Sophie Countess of Wessex with 4-year-old Poppy Chilton, during her visit to the Hawkedon Primary School in Earley, Reading Sophie Countess of Wessex visit to Berkshire, Britain - 08 Feb 2012.

E.) Brunei

Picture Link
Source: Infofoto

Crown Prince Billah cuts his birthday cake as his wife Princess Sarah looks on.

F.) Dubai

Picture Link
Source: Getty via daylife

Princess Haya helps her daughter Sheikha Al-Jalila present flowers to Angieszka Radwanska of Poland after winning the trophy in the final of the WTA Open final tennis match on February 25, 2012 as Julia Goerges (C) of Germany looks on.

G.) Jordan

Picture Link
Source: Getty via daylife

Queen Noor, Commissioner of the International Commission on Missing Persons, greets Rep Steve Cohen, D-TN, as she arrives to testify before the US Helsinki Commission February 28, 2012 in the Rayburn House Office Building on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.

H.) Morocco

Picture Link
Source: MAP

February 6 - Princess Lalla Hasna addresses the opening of the International Symposium on Water and Wetlands in the Mediterranean.

I.) Norway

Picture Link
Source: Daylife.com

The Norwegian Crown Princess Mette Marit is welcomed by two girls as she arrives at the UNAID's headquarter building to participate in a working meeting in Geneva on February 17, 2012.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Wonderful pictures.
Already cast my vote, based on personal preference; it was quite a difficult choice though.

However, I have to tempt your patience with two more questions:
- What is the difference between this poll and the "Informal Poll"? That is, aside from the obvious difference of choices. From superficial observation, the Informal Poll appears to deal with history and historical aspects of royalty, whereas the Formal Poll appears to be focused mainly on current events. Is that about right, or am I missing something?
- How are pictures chosen for each poll? Do we get to vote for/nominate pictures of individual countries (if so, is there a specific thread for it), with the winning picture represented here or is there some sort of internal/committee vote?

Sorry for hijacking the poll threads with silly questions: I hope you will be patient with a newbie. As a physicist I like to understand how things work.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
- What is the difference between this poll and the "Informal Poll"? That is, aside from the obvious difference of choices. From superficial observation, the Informal Poll appears to deal with history and historical aspects of royalty, whereas the Formal Poll appears to be focused mainly on current events. Is that about right, or am I missing something?
You got it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
- How are pictures chosen for each poll? Do we get to vote for/nominate pictures of individual countries (if so, is there a specific thread for it), with the winning picture represented here or is there some sort of internal/committee vote?
Pictures are chosen by Picture of The Month representatives, at the top of this thread there is a list of members who represent each country and their "committees" who pick the pictures. There is the opportunity to be a representative, but you usually get asked by a moderator.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You really are too patient with me.
Thank you (again) for answering my questions!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank You ! this Poll very hard choose which Picture
Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

As stated in the opening post please don't state whom you voted for until the poll is closed - thank you!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Hard choice, very nice pictures!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Royal Highness

Voting buttons are not active. I want to vote.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Voting buttons are not active. I want to vote.
This poll closed on March 27th (the date on the first post is wrong I believe). As the month has passed, the new poll for March will be opened soon.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
This poll closed on March 27th (the date on the first post is wrong I believe). As the month has passed, the new poll for March will be opened soon.
Thanks for the information