The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
No, it doesn't IMHO. As long as he choses a well-educated, dignified young lady with a photogenic side to her, as he seems to have done, all will be well.
If you say so.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I wasn't aware that drinking Chardonnay produced in the Beaujolais area of Burgundy is something people really aspire to or deem an exclusive pleasure. There are great white wines grown and produced in Burgundy but my experience as a wine journalist has so far not shown me that the Beaujolais Blanc belongs to them. It's a rare wine, yes, but in this case there's a reason why not more winegrowers produce it. I think HRH knows a lot about wine and would never steep down so low.
It has been kind of to provide additional explanations. I do apologise for the reference that poorly matching the exquisite exclusive taste of Prince Charles. Your diplomatic remarks have duly been appreciated. The key point still remains unchanged. It is fair to view Prince Charles as an elitist ... you are free to put any sort of wine or hard alchol or any other beverage that would match Prince Charles' lifestyle, image, and taste. Being an elitist is not bad at all. However, this tends to add a touch of arrogance and insincerity to his teachings ... in my very personal opinion. Naturally you see it the other as you are one of his supporters.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

We have vineyards not far from the Douro, just out of the demarcated region unfortunately, but the white wine from our region is excellent we must get you to try it.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It has been kind of to provide additional explanations. I do apologise for the reference that poorly matching the exquisite exclusive taste of Prince Charles. Your diplomatic remarks have duly been appreciated. The key point still remains unchanged. It is fair to view Prince Charles as an elitist ... you are free to put any sort of wine or hard alchol that would match Prince Charles' lifestyle, image, and taste.
I once had the chance to accept an invitation by Mr. Bernard Hine to visit his distillery in Cognac and to sample the cognac he created for Charles and Diana in their their wedding-year. Each year the prince and princess were sent a sample in order for them to decide when this cognac-coupe should be bottled as cognacs don't change anymore once they are out of the cask. Now that taste was something worth remembering. As an aside: when M. Hine heard the news of the seperation of the prince and princess, he created a second cask for the princess and sent her the sample so she could decide for her share of Hine-cognac....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for additional information. Yet again the course of discussion has showed a huge difference in tastes as well as diametrically opposite views on the matter under discussion. I have an acute dislike of cognac because of its revolting smell. I think that we better move on as moderators may view our wine discussion as off topic.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
We have vineyards not far from the Douro, just out of the demarcated region unfortunately, but the white wine from our region is excellent we must get you to try it.
I've been once to Vargellas as a guest of the Robertsons of Taylor's (why do I always think of Mrs. Robertson when I read a posting by Skydragon?) and we had white wine there which was harvested mostly for the Chip Dry but some was served at dinner along with Chip Dry and it was great as many others of the Vinho Verde I could sample. The region around Porto is worth a visit, both for its beauty and its culture. I fondly recall having been to a seafood dinner in a seaside restaurant at Foz de Douro which was brilliant, a dinner at the British Factory House in town and of lots of other wonderful places, including one very simple pub-like place in the countryside which served the traditional cuisine of this area: a great treat as well. Oh, but I love Oporto and its wines!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Right, well, having established exactly what sort of wine-drinking elitists we're talking about, could we get back to the topic?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

Very good article, Isbel, congratulations. You explore different viewpoints before giving your opinion, and that is excellent, very entertaining and an important theme for a whole group of nations under the british commonwealth.

Charisma is something that either you have it or you don´t. Diana had it and her sons, especially Wills, have it, too. She was a valuable asset for the Crown, she taught them behave more naturally, smile and be nearer to the people, care about them with a more human approach, remember we were almost in the XXI century. And I think they learned, especially Charles and the Queen, they defreezed after her death. They had a very special jewel.

It is hard for me to believe they could be jealous of her popularity, before the divorce, I mean. Because what is more and more important for royal houses is to stress the head of state function, not so much to be king or queen of hearts. That is an important insurance against the turmoil of economic and political troubles. That was how king Juan Carlos of Spain acquired the support of the people.

Diana´s life was a greek tragedy since the beginning. One thinks in "destiny". I have a great pity for children with difficult beginnings. She could not behave like Queen Alexandra did, after the women liberation´s movement had happened, either.

Maybe the queen of hearts function always will be for the youngest and most adorable members of the family, as it is happening now with the other european royal houses.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I just wanted to add that I enormously liked the way Ysbel introduced my favorite Christmas song in her article: I always start to cry when I listen the "I believe in Father Christmas" when I hear Works II. or one of my christmas compilation. I'm an old ELP-fan (Jerusalem is another favorite from Brain Salad Surgery) and I love christmas.

Ysbel is right to say that this song is about the disillusioning of somebody who was taught to believe in the mystique of christmas and found out that it's not as glitzy and providing easy happiness as it is claimed by some. But what in life is? So what I love especially is the conclusion of the song:

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave New Year
All anguish pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear
They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on Earth
Hallelujah Noel be it Heaven or Hell
The Christmas you get you deserve.

You know, there can be snow on christmas if you can see the mountains from your home. Some years it even starts snowing on Christmas Eve. There can be peace on earth at least for an instance in your own heart. And I believe both Diana and Charles got the christmases they deserved once they seperated and Charles remarried.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have just read this article, and it brings up the question, ould we have had a Queen Kanga?
What would have happened if Charles had married another mistress instead of Camilla?

Email an article to a friend | Mail Online ( hope that this link is suitable for posting).
Old 10-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope that the papers have some reviews of this documentary. It could be very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I have just read this article, and it brings up the question, ould we have had a Queen Kanga?
What would have happened if Charles had married another mistress instead of Camilla?

Email an article to a friend | Mail Online ( hope that this link is suitable for posting).
Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's funny how a decade after Princess Diana's death people are still talking about their situation. I don't think Hollywood could've come up with a better storyline. I think the Monarchy will be ok though despite everything.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

An interesting read. So many people have so many different opinions even today and probably will always.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 PM

I believe another problem for Charles is that he will also be always overshadowed by his two sons. They are Diana's boys, they are more in touch with the people, and more relaxed in personality. Charles can't seem to win.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not so sure about that. I think, everything will change enormously when HM the Queen dies. Charles never REALLY had the chance to show his full personality IMO (and as it was said before here because of his mother and Princess Diana), but this will happen when he becomes King.

And I agree with someone here which stated earlier in this thread that a lot - not everything for sure - depends on which woman William chooses. Thats my personal opinion. And I think yet William and Kate aren't that popular as a couple everywhere like it may be here at the forums. But this view can change also because they are both - William mainly - young and they also didn't have the opportunity to demonstrate their personality that much.

I think, its in one way a wonderful thing when a monarch rules as long as the british Queen, but its a very difficult situation for the heir because the Prince of Wales will accept an great inheritance.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

I'm not so sure about that. I think, everything will change enormously when HM the Queen dies. Charles never REALLY had the chance to show his full personality IMO (and as it was said before here because of his mother and Princess Diana), but this will happen when he becomes King.

And I agree with someone here which stated earlier in this thread that a lot - not everything for sure - depends on which woman William chooses. Thats my personal opinion. And I think yet William and Kate aren't that popular as a couple everywhere like it may be here at the forums. But this view can change also because they are both - William mainly - young and they also didn't have the opportunity to demonstrate their personality that much.

I think, its in one way a wonderful thing when a monarch rules as long as the british Queen, but its a very difficult situation for the heir because the Prince of Wales will accept an great inheritance.
I think nothing will change once HM will change for the afterlive which I hope is still far ahead of us as I've grown fond of dear Lillibeth.Charles is a great guy but has that Di baggage and the brits won't have it to see him without that dead woman mentioned
time and time again.So shortsighted and useless as Charles deserves far more and better then that negative approach he's usually
mentioned with.

Each Monarch accepts a great inheritance you know,every one of them,they might do things differently,details that is.I think he '' ll be a great Monarch tho a bit of age by that time.It's not that the british Monarchy is the sole and all that special,his job will be what it is to
his mummy and all her collegues now.Very lonely yet very fullfilling.
As they all say.

Tags
royal articles