J. http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...polfotofv7.jpg 31 17.32%
K. http://i9.tinypic.com/4m0dqpz.jpg 41 22.91%
L. http://i2.tinypic.com/62itpw0.jpg 8 4.47%
M. http://i1.tinypic.com/62zaurl.jpg 19 10.61%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

August Official Picture of the Month 2007

Welcome to the August Official Picture of the Month 2007!

The monthly official polls will highlight the official side of royalty as opposed to the informal side of royalty.

The monthly polls will consist of pictures that show a royal on official business.
  • gala events such as the Nobel prize ceremonies, state visits, royal ceremonies such as the the Order of the Garter ceremony in Great Britain or the New Years gala for the Knights of the Order of the Elephant in Denmark, Opening of Parliament, coronations, enthronements.
  • openings of public events, government buildings, hospitals, christening of ships, official charity work
  • family celebrations (such as wedding, christening, or special days such as Victoria Day in Sweden or Queen's Day in the Netherlands, King Harald's 70th birthday) and the balcony shots that accompany them
  • among many other official events
We hope by the end of the year to have some really stunning and regal Picture of the Month winners to compete in our 2007 Picture of the Year awards.

For more information on the 2007 Picture of the Month schedule and all we have planned for 2007, take a look at this thread.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: mathilde16, stephanievl

Britain: Avalon - milla Ca - CasiraghiTrio

Brunei: Humera - Warren

Denmark: dazzling

Dubai: Humera - Warren

Japan: dragonsfire8

Jordan: Humera - Little_star

Luxembourg: suturegeisha - drimal

Monaco: Iceflower - Ianna, Michelle, tbhrc

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - KikkiB, carlota

Spain: LaChicaMadrilena - Anna_R - crisiñaki

Sweden:

The Netherlands: The Watcher - Marengo, lucien

The pictures of this poll reflect the official royal events of August. The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on September 29. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

A. Denmark

Picture Link

source: Teleankenævnet - Forside

Crown Prince Frederik learning more about the different project areas at the Save the Children Fund.

B. Japan

Picture Link

Source: Ian Walton/Getty Images

OSAKA, JAPAN - AUGUST 25: (L-R) Empress Michiko and Emperor Akihito meet Lamine Diack, President of the IAAF, and his wife during day one of the 11th IAAF World Athletics Championships on August 25, 2007 at the Nagai Stadium in Osaka, Japan.

C. Norway

Picture Link

Source: ANP (photographer:Tom Benjaminsen / NORDLYS / SCANPIX POOL NORGE )

Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit inside a lapp cot when they visited Manndalen during their provincial tour in Nord-Troms.

D. Monaco

Picture Link

Source: Profimedia

"Cultural and scientific ties between Russia and Monaco" - Russia's President Vladimir Putin and Monaco's Prince Albert II pose for a picture during their meeting at the 18th century czarist summer estate Peterhof outside Saint Petersburg, 12 August 2007

E. Britian

Picture Link

Source: POLFOTO/Lai Seng Sin

Prince Andrew joined Thailand's Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and his consort Princess Sriras during a parade at the historic Merdeka Square in downtown Kuala Lumpur, Friday, Aug. 31, 2007. Malaysia marked 50 years of independence from Britain with dances and parades.

F. Belgium

Picture Link

Source: isopix.be

Princess Astrid 27 August 2007, taking part in a press conference for the fight against malaria in the world

G. Luxembourg

Picture Link

Source: Polfoto

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Princess Alexandra attending the 3rd International Paralympic Games in Berlin, Germany.

H. The Netherlands

Picture Link

Source: ANP

28 August 2007, Queen Beatrix attended Concours Hippique "'t Peerdespul" in Groningen.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I. Sweden

Picture Link

Source: Janerik Henriksson / SCANPIX SWEDEN/ ANP

STOCKHOLM 20070830 Queen Silvia of Sweden during the opening of the Ulriksdal palace Flower show August 30, 2007

J. Spain

Picture Link

Source: Polfoto

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía offered the traditional farewell dinner to Mallorcan authorities, which was also attended by the Princes of Asturias and Infanta Cristina, accompanied by her husband, Iñaki Urdangarin. In this way, Spanish Royal Family officially finished their summer holiday in Mallorca (Palacio Real de la Almudaina. Palma de Mallorca, August 28th, 2007).

K. Dubai

Picture Link

Source: Isifa

Making faces – Princess Haya poses for photographers during the victory ceremony of the FEI European Jumping Championship in Manheim, Germany on August 17, 2007.

L. Brunei

Picture Link

Source: Infofoto

Royal brideYang Mulia Dayang Hjh Norashikin attends her berinai ceremony on August 18, 2007. Norashikin is the bride of Abdul Kadir, the son of Princess Norain and nephew of the Sultan of Brunei. During the berinai ceremony, the hands of the bride and groom are stained with henna. The ceremony usually takes place the night before the wedding.

M. Jordan

Picture Link

Source: Petra

World Breastfeeding Week – August 29, 2007: Queen Rania interacts with children at the Dr. Jamil Tutounji Hospital, a Baby Friendly Hospital, as part of ongoing World Breastfeeding Week activities.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Hello everyone and welcome to the newest photo of the month poll. We hope that everyone will vote for their favorite photo. We have some very funny ones and some truly beautiful ones.

As always, please don't post which one you have voted for until the poll closes, so that everyone else can cast their vote unbiased.

Many thanks to the PoM committees who have done an outstanding job as always!

Empress and the PoM committees.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Great job you've done, Empress and so fast!!!
You've met the challenges of the Assistant Picture of the
Month Coordinator perfectly
Old 09-09-2007, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Great job you've done, Empress and so fast!!!
I can only agree!That was really fast! You did a great job, Empress.
I also have to say I really like all of this month's pictures!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Well thanks everyone. Diana did a great job showing me how this goes, so it went really smoothly.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Beautiful job, as always . Thanks Empress! Love Queen Rania of this picture

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I was not too inspired this time, but of course, I voted all the same. I voted for the pic that on my opinion, represent more the Monarchy spirit.

Thank for your great job, Empress. I love your avatar.

Vanesa.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Great job Empress and great pictures everyone!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

ohhh did the picture on "I" not open for anyone--because it didn't open for me it's simply nooo fun when one pic doesn't work because you can't make a good decision until we see them all. so we await someone to fix that. meantime this month's pics are going to be tough to pic just one. As always Andrew is his usual dashing self and PA looked marvelous and so did norways pics and all the other's too. well, i look forward to SoMeOne fixing the letter "i" pics so we can attempt to make a good choice
Old 09-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi Glistening Seas. The I photo is working just fine for me. Let me know if you are still having problems and I will see if something can be done. Try refreshing your browser as well.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 PM

Leading in the polls, so far, Spain and Jordan....... neck to neck!

Who will it be? Letizia in her Little Black Dress or Princess Haya being irresistably silly?

Or will it be a surprise? Possibly a last minute breakthrough victory for Norway, who is creeping just behind in third place.......

Oh the suspense!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Great job Empress!

Uhh,but the pic of the Japanese Imperial Couple won't open,for me that is,are there other forum members that can not see it?

The picture of Andrew,actually,that is not the Thai Crown Prince and his spouse,but the recently elected and Enthroned King and Queen of Malaysia.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Great job Empress!

Uhh,but the pic of the Japanese Imperial Couple won't open,for me that is,are there other forum members that can not see it?

The picture of Andrew,actually,that is not the Thai Crown Prince and his spouse,but the recently elected and Enthroned King and Queen of Malaysia.
Getty images are sometimes difficult to view the first time around. Try using the refresh button on the Japanese picture.

Thanks for the correction.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

I love CasiraghiTrio's commentary on the race between countries. LOL!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I love CasiraghiTrio's commentary on the race between countries. LOL!
Me too
It's really an interesting race.
I definitely had a favorite picture.. it was really easy for me to chose a picture this month.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Haya seems to already be showing her baby bump and Yang Mulia Dayang Hjh Norashikin looks pretty in her wedding dress.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:46 PM

I am actually glad to see Jordan still winning.... Although I didn't vote for Jordan, it's nice to see an RF other than Spanish winning for a change, and obviously this one of Princess Haya with her pretty bump and funny face is delightful, the more so because it's so unexpected from her! I hope this isn't offensive to anyone. Please know that I love the Spanish royals. I mean, how is it possible not to love them? You would have to be not human! But it seems like they always win, doesn't it?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Actually Jordan is in 4th place right now. Princess Haya is representing Dubai. But I agree its a nice change to see a non-European family make it to the top 3 I believe that's only the second time that has happened (Jordan came in 3rd a couple of months ago)

Tags
picture of the month, pom