Princess Aiko Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last points, I'm afraid we must wait until she gets older. By now, we can only see how she could ressemble her mother and father in physical features. :)

Vanesa.

Pic 16.11.2007

Japan's Crown Princess Masako, left, and her daughter and princess
Aiko arrive at Tama Zoo for her preschool outing in Hino city, western
Tokyo, Friday, Nov. 16, 2007. (AP Photo/Katsumi Kasahara)

-----> Pic

Princess Aiko celebrates her 6th birthday on Dec. 1, 2007.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIKO!!!!!

In this photo released by the Imperial Household Agency, Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, right, his wife, Crown Princess Masako, left, and their daughter, Princess Aiko, smile as they stroll with their dogs at the Akasaka imperial estate where they live Sunday, Nov. 18, 2007. Aiko celebrates her 6th birthday Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007.

Photos from AP via Yahoo

Yomiuri news features a photo gallery of those b-day photos.

Video news
ANN news
FNN news (include footage of them entering Imperial Palace this morning)
TBS news
NNN news

Last edited:
:fireworks:Happy Birthday Princess Aiko!:fireworks:

It looks like she grown up quite a bit since the last time we saw her.

Princess Aiko changed her hair style this summer. I like it because it makes her look brighter than her previous hair style. I cannot wait to see her enter school in the coming April.

Awwww.... Lovely Pictures!!! I like Aiko's new hair style. Masako and Naruhito look great on their casual outfit. What a wonderful family!

I cannot give all the subtitle from the first to the end, but let me try some in my humble English. In summary this video shows how parent-child relationship in the imperial family has changed in three generations. Will it help you?

1st scene: - 1:33
Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko in a raincoat are going to kindergarten on fathers' class observation day. "Class observation day" is a day when pupils' parents, and pupils' guardians for parentless children, are allowed to go to see their children studying and playing at school or kindergarten, and this was the first class observation day for the crown prince. The news reporter says that the crown prince smiled to watch Princess Aiko playing with Lego and origami and drawing her father's portrait.

2nd scene: 1:33 - 1:50
The former director of Gakushuin Kindergarten, where most imperial children go in childhood, says that they had not had fathers' class observation days until 1991. They had class observation days, but most visitors were mothers, so they decided to make another class observation day for fathers and male guardians to visit.

3rd scene: 1:50 - 2:08
This is a sports day when Prince Naruhito was as little as today's Princess Aiko. The then-crown-prince couple were watching their children.

4th scene: 2:08 - 3:30
Crown Princess Michiko (the current empress) often went to school for her children's school events. From 2:47, the sports day of 1965, Prince Naruhito took part in sports day and Crown Prince Akihito (the current emperor) ran in an obstacle race together with other pupils' fathers. From 3:03, Crown Princess Michiko took part in the ball-rolling race for Prince Fumihito (the current Prince of Akishino) on the sports day of 1970. (Empress Michiko is always elegant.) From 3:15, on the sports day of 1973, she put balls in the bascket for Princess Sayako (the current Mrs. Kuroda). The former director of the kindergarten testifies that the three children looked very pleased with their parents joining the games.

5th scene: 3:30 - 3:58
The reporter says that Emperor Showa (Emperor Hirohito) and Empress Kojun (Empress Nagako) did not take part in their sons' school events because there was a custom that a tutor was chosen chiefly to foster emperor's sons. So the current imperial couple are the first imperial couple to raise up their sons without foster parents. From 3:40, Emperor Showa is playing reversi with the current emperor. From 3:52, Prince Naruhito is touching Prince Fumihito.

6th scene: 3:58 - 6:24
The crown prince is saying that it is very good for fathers to have more involvement in parenting, both for fathers and children. Princess Aiko is jumping. (How cute!) From 4:38, they hiked at Numappara moor in 2003. From 4:52, Princess Aiko is reading a book and speaking "where have they gone?" She seems to be searching a character in the picture book. She called her father "Papa." From 4:50, they went to Tokyo Disney Sea.

7th scene: 6:24 -
Ms. Yoko Zetterlund (a Japanese American volleyball player) comments that it is lovely for the crown prince to spare his busy time for Princess Aiko because every daughter will distance herself from her own father someday.

IZUMI, your ENGLISH is FAR, FAR better ...

I cannot give all the subtitle from the first to the end, but let me try some in my humble English. In summary this video shows how parent-child relationship in the imperial family has changed in three generations. Will it help you?

1st scene: - 1:33
Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko in a raincoat are going to kindergarten on fathers' class observation day. "Class observation day" is a day when pupils' parents, and pupils' guardians for parentless children, are allowed to go to see their children studying and playing at school or kindergarten, and this was the first class observation day for the crown prince. The news reporter says that the crown prince smiled to watch Princess Aiko playing with Lego and origami and drawing her father's portrait.

2nd scene: 1:33 - 1:50
The former director of Gakushuin Kindergarten, where most imperial children go in childhood, says that they had not had fathers' class observation days until 1991. They had class observation days, but most visitors were mothers, so they decided to make another class observation day for fathers and male guardians to visit.

3rd scene: 1:50 - 2:08
This is a sports day when Prince Naruhito was as little as today's Princess Aiko. The then-crown-prince couple were watching their children.

4th scene: 2:08 - 3:30
Crown Princess Michiko (the current empress) often went to school for her children's school events. From 2:47, the sports day of 1965, Prince Naruhito took part in sports day and Crown Prince Akihito (the current emperor) ran in an obstacle race together with other pupils' fathers. From 3:03, Crown Princess Michiko took part in the ball-rolling race for Prince Fumihito (the current Prince of Akishino) on the sports day of 1970. (Empress Michiko is always elegant.) From 3:15, on the sports day of 1973, she put balls in the bascket for Princess Sayako (the current Mrs. Kuroda). The former director of the kindergarten testifies that the three children looked very pleased with their parents joining the games.

5th scene: 3:30 - 3:58
The reporter says that Emperor Showa (Emperor Hirohito) and Empress Kojun (Empress Nagako) did not take part in their sons' school events because there was a custom that a tutor was chosen chiefly to foster emperor's sons. So the current imperial couple are the first imperial couple to raise up their sons without foster parents. From 3:40, Emperor Showa is playing reversi with the current emperor. From 3:52, Prince Naruhito is touching Prince Fumihito.

6th scene: 3:58 - 6:24
The crown prince is saying that it is very good for fathers to have more involvement in parenting, both for fathers and children. Princess Aiko is jumping. (How cute!) From 4:38, they hiked at Numappara moor in 2003. From 4:52, Princess Aiko is reading a book and speaking "where have they gone?" She seems to be searching a character in the picture book. She called her father "Papa." From 4:50, they went to Tokyo Disney Sea.

7th scene: 6:24 -
Ms. Yoko Zetterlund (a Japanese American volleyball player) comments that it is lovely for the crown prince to spare his busy time for Princess Aiko because every daughter will distance herself from her own father someday.

IZUMI, your English is far, far better than is my Japanese!

You impress me :flowers:

MANY people do here, with their command and knowledge of English ...

Thank you for this translation.

It IS very helpful and far, far better than none at all! KUDOS ;)

Last edited:
Amazing material! I liked it a lot...and thanks for the translation, Azumi! :flowers:

Vanesa.

I am glad that my humble translation helped to a little extent. :)

Princess Aiko is going to enter elementary school this April. They will have a lot of school events like sports day, picnic, etc. So let's hope to see her with her parents at school events often.

Any translations help!

I am glad that my humble translation helped to a little extent. :)

Princess Aiko is going to enter elementary school this April. They will have a lot of school events like sports day, picnic, etc. So let's hope to see her with her parents at school events often.

Any translations help!

I admire people who know English.

I admire anyone Bilingual.

Japan's Princess Aiko, led by her mother Crown Princess Masako, arrives at the gate of Kodomo-no-kuni (Children's Land) in Yokohama, near Tokyo, during an outing of her Gakushuin Kindergarten Thursday, March 6, 2008.

Photos from AP

This is going to be Aiko's last kindergarten outing because she will be entering Gakushuin Primary School in April.

asahi.com : KANAGAWA: Aiko on farewell outing with classmates - ENGLISH

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos mandyy. Aiko is certainly growing up to be a beautiful young lady. I'm really liking Masako's longer hair. It suits her.

Thank you for the photos mandyy. Aiko is certainly growing up to be a beautiful young lady. I'm really liking Masako's longer hair. It suits her.

I agree with you. They look great, very classy and elegant :flowers:

Japan Today - News - Princess Aiko finishes kindergarten

Japan's Princess Aiko, 6, poses for photos as she is accompanied by her parents Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, background, to leave Gakushuin Kindergarten after attending a graduation ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, Saturday, March 15, 2008.

Photos from AP via Yahoo

JIJI press photo

CONGRATS!!!!!

The first of what will hopefully be many educational milestones!

Princess Aiko looks very sweet in her school uniform! :wub: And her parents looks very proud of her!

Vanesa.:)

Congratulations to Princess Aiko on finishing the kindergarten!:flowers::flowers:

At least now that Hisahito is born, Aiko can expect a free and happy life !

Congratulations to Princess Aiko and her lovely parents. She will enter elementary school and I just can't wait to see it. BTW, I wonder if one day she'll study abroad just like her parents did.

This is a big day in a for parent and child.

Schooling a challenge for Princess Masako and Aiko › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Princess Aiko is going to start primary school in April. But her attendance at Gakushuin Primary School in Shinjuku Ward is causing concern among mothers of her future classmates. In addition, it looks like Aiko’s mother, Crown Princess Masako, will suffer from new stress stemming from her daughter’s schooling.
Established in 1877 for the imperial and noble families, Gakushuin, which is currently a private school open to anyone, is now completing the final preparations to accept the 6-year-old princess, such as security and selection of pupils as her friends...............

Honestly, it's articles like this one that really make my blood boil. If Masako and Aiko acted like a regular mother/daughter, they would be scorned for not being royal enough. But when they act royal, they are scorned for causing problems. Really a Catch-22 situation.:bang:

Does anyone know whether there were similar arrangements made when the other Imperial children entered this school? It seems over the top to me even if Japanese Royalty is more conservative than the European ones.....but then of course, I'm not royalty ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom