Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Japanese princess turn 5 with future in the balance
Thank you for the pix Mandy.

Very interesting article. It seems that at the moment her future training is in the balance. As they cannot train her to be a future empress under the current law but on the other hand they are not training her to lead the life of a commoner - in case the law changes.

Anyway she looks healthy and happy. I love her she is so cute.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Aristocracy
Picture of the Month Representative – Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
So cute. Its nice to see Prince Naruhito being such a tender father to his daughter. Are there more photos like these ones?

Old 12-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

aiko is so so sweet! her parent so pround of her, I really want to see masako happy
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Princess Aiko is no longer the heiress?
Old 01-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
Princess Aiko is no longer the heiress?
She never was. The Succession Laws of Japan do not allow females succeed to the Throne.
Before the birth of Prince Hisahito (the son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko) the Government considered making Reforms, which would allow females succeed to the Throne.

However, recently it has been announced that the Government will not proceed with the reforms, at least for now.
So Princess aiko is not an heiress, and is unlikely to be one in near future.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Thanks Avalon, so the first in line is Prince Naruhito and the second is his little nephew Prince Hisahito!
It's kind of weird.. IMO
Old 01-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

The first in line is Crown Prince Naruhito, then his younger brother Prince Akishino, then his nephew Prince Hisahito. His daughter and his nieces (Prince Hisahito's older sisters) are not in the line of succession.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:39 PM

I have always liked the picture of Aiko flying the kite. There is such a genuine, candid happiness in her face: here It's on the bottom right of the page.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
As they cannot train her to be a future empress under the current law but on the other hand they are not training her to lead the life of a commoner - in case the law changes.

Hence why I feel sorry for that little girl. She has no clear future, so her parents don't know what to do with her, education-wise.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

And she seems to be bright too!

Vanesa.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

Hopefully some changes are made for Princess Aiko to become Empress/Emperor, whichever title they use I'm not too sure, I'm seriously praying for this. If not, since Crown Princess Masako is getting better everyday, maybe there will be a little miracle will come bless her and the Crown Prince with more children (most likely a son) in the near future.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsfire8
Hopefully some changes are made for Princess Aiko to become Empress/Emperor, whichever title they use I'm not too sure, I'm seriously praying for this. If not, since Crown Princess Masako is getting better everyday, maybe there will be a little miracle will come bless her and the Crown Prince with more children (most likely a son) in the near future.
I hope that laws change in favour of Aiko too, I would like to see her as Empress, altough some feel like there's nothing more to do, I believe that there's a lot of time to change laws, I mean when the Crown Prince becomes Emperor and until he dies there's a chance for Aiko to be Empress, (correct me if wrong).
Old 03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kez_1982
I hope that laws change in favour of Aiko too, I would like to see her as Empress, altough some feel like there's nothing more to do, I believe that there's a lot of time to change laws, I mean when the Crown Prince becomes Emperor and until he dies there's a chance for Aiko to be Empress, (correct me if wrong).
I hear you, and I agree. There is still a lot of time to come, all I'm expecting at this point is that they get that debate (the one that will allow women to succeed) back on the table instead of just abbandoning it all together just because there is a prince in the current generation, which does not really solve the problem.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Aristocracy

I agree. I understand that they consider their traditions but they also have to think about the future. Little Prince Hisahito is a blessed for the imperial family but having him in the line to succession doesn't really solve the problem. They just really need to think.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-khanz
I agree. I understand that they consider their traditions but they also have to think about the future. Little Prince Hisahito is a blessed for the imperial family but having him in the line to succession doesn't really solve the problem. They just really need to think.
True. But when and if they do change the the succession law/rule....to something on the lines of the British monarchy (where a woman can inhereit the throne when there are no brothers to do so)....how would Princess Aiko & Prince Hisahito fit into it all? I just hope that, if that is the way they change it to, Princess Aiko will get priority due to the fact that she is the Daughter of the current Crown Prince & Crown Princess and her seniority to Prince Hisahito.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsfire8
True. But when and if they do change the the succession law/rule....to something on the lines of the British monarchy (where a woman can inhereit the throne when there are no brothers to do so)....how would Princess Aiko & Prince Hisahito fit into it all? I just hope that, if that is the way they change it to, Princess Aiko will get priority due to the fact that she is the Daughter of the current Crown Prince & Crown Princess and her seniority to Prince Hisahito.
If it is the same rule as in the UK, Aiko would reign unless her parents have a boy.

The line would be:
HIH Crown Prince Naruhito
HIH Princess Aiko
HIH Prince Akishino
HIH Prince Hisahito
HIH Princess Mako
HIH Princess Kako
etc.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

For a more in-depth thread about the succession and possible reforms, have a look at this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...apan-4108.html
Old 03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I found the article very informative. Thanks, Elspeth.

But as always, I wish I could exactly knows what the Japanese people really thinks about the whole matter.

Vanesa.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Aiko skis as she attends her first ski lesson at Okushigakogen in Nagano prefecture, central Japan, in this photo taken March 18, 2007 and released April 6, 2007 by the Imperial Household Agency of Japan.

Photos from AP via Yahoo
Old 04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

Awww -- cute photos. Thanks mandyy. I wonder what the hoop-like pink thing she is holding onto is -- must be some sort of training method.

Tags
aiko, princess aiko, princess toshi