The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

For the last points, I'm afraid we must wait until she gets older. By now, we can only see how she could ressemble her mother and father in physical features.

Vanesa.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Gentry

http://www.hoosoo.tv/Default.aspx?ta...4-dfc056674c5c

Japanese TV program The Imperial Diary:third birthday of Princess Aiko

You can see little princess Aiko and Mako.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Administrator

Pic 16.11.2007

Japan's Crown Princess Masako, left, and her daughter and princess
Aiko arrive at Tama Zoo for her preschool outing in Hino city, western
Tokyo, Friday, Nov. 16, 2007. (AP Photo/Katsumi Kasahara)

-----> Pic
Old 12-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Aiko celebrates her 6th birthday on Dec. 1, 2007.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIKO!!!!!

In this photo released by the Imperial Household Agency, Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, right, his wife, Crown Princess Masako, left, and their daughter, Princess Aiko, smile as they stroll with their dogs at the Akasaka imperial estate where they live Sunday, Nov. 18, 2007. Aiko celebrates her 6th birthday Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007.

Photos from AP via Yahoo

Yomiuri news features a photo gallery of those b-day photos.

Video news
ANN news
FNN news (include footage of them entering Imperial Palace this morning)
TBS news
NNN news
Old 12-01-2007, 05:07 AM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday Princess Aiko!

It looks like she grown up quite a bit since the last time we saw her.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Commoner

Princess Aiko changed her hair style this summer. I like it because it makes her look brighter than her previous hair style. I cannot wait to see her enter school in the coming April.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:41 AM
Aristocracy

Awwww.... Lovely Pictures!!! I like Aiko's new hair style. Masako and Naruhito look great on their casual outfit. What a wonderful family!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely little girl, how time passes !
Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up Precious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Watch Princess Aiko and generations of imperial kids online!! You can also see the young Empress Michiko, truely gorgeous and elegant^^

Ahhhh, most precious stuff this!

Thank you ...

I only wish one would provide an English Translation perhaps?

Or, how about a Summary in English of the best "bits"?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Commoner

I cannot give all the subtitle from the first to the end, but let me try some in my humble English. In summary this video shows how parent-child relationship in the imperial family has changed in three generations. Will it help you?

1st scene: - 1:33
Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko in a raincoat are going to kindergarten on fathers' class observation day. "Class observation day" is a day when pupils' parents, and pupils' guardians for parentless children, are allowed to go to see their children studying and playing at school or kindergarten, and this was the first class observation day for the crown prince. The news reporter says that the crown prince smiled to watch Princess Aiko playing with Lego and origami and drawing her father's portrait.

2nd scene: 1:33 - 1:50
The former director of Gakushuin Kindergarten, where most imperial children go in childhood, says that they had not had fathers' class observation days until 1991. They had class observation days, but most visitors were mothers, so they decided to make another class observation day for fathers and male guardians to visit.

3rd scene: 1:50 - 2:08
This is a sports day when Prince Naruhito was as little as today's Princess Aiko. The then-crown-prince couple were watching their children.

4th scene: 2:08 - 3:30
Crown Princess Michiko (the current empress) often went to school for her children's school events. From 2:47, the sports day of 1965, Prince Naruhito took part in sports day and Crown Prince Akihito (the current emperor) ran in an obstacle race together with other pupils' fathers. From 3:03, Crown Princess Michiko took part in the ball-rolling race for Prince Fumihito (the current Prince of Akishino) on the sports day of 1970. (Empress Michiko is always elegant.) From 3:15, on the sports day of 1973, she put balls in the bascket for Princess Sayako (the current Mrs. Kuroda). The former director of the kindergarten testifies that the three children looked very pleased with their parents joining the games.

5th scene: 3:30 - 3:58
The reporter says that Emperor Showa (Emperor Hirohito) and Empress Kojun (Empress Nagako) did not take part in their sons' school events because there was a custom that a tutor was chosen chiefly to foster emperor's sons. So the current imperial couple are the first imperial couple to raise up their sons without foster parents. From 3:40, Emperor Showa is playing reversi with the current emperor. From 3:52, Prince Naruhito is touching Prince Fumihito.

6th scene: 3:58 - 6:24
The crown prince is saying that it is very good for fathers to have more involvement in parenting, both for fathers and children. Princess Aiko is jumping. (How cute!) From 4:38, they hiked at Numappara moor in 2003. From 4:52, Princess Aiko is reading a book and speaking "where have they gone?" She seems to be searching a character in the picture book. She called her father "Papa." From 4:50, they went to Tokyo Disney Sea.

7th scene: 6:24 -
Ms. Yoko Zetterlund (a Japanese American volleyball player) comments that it is lovely for the crown prince to spare his busy time for Princess Aiko because every daughter will distance herself from her own father someday.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up IZUMI, your ENGLISH is FAR, FAR better ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by izumi View Post
I cannot give all the subtitle from the first to the end, but let me try some in my humble English. In summary this video shows how parent-child relationship in the imperial family has changed in three generations. Will it help you?

1st scene: - 1:33
Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko in a raincoat are going to kindergarten on fathers' class observation day. "Class observation day" is a day when pupils' parents, and pupils' guardians for parentless children, are allowed to go to see their children studying and playing at school or kindergarten, and this was the first class observation day for the crown prince. The news reporter says that the crown prince smiled to watch Princess Aiko playing with Lego and origami and drawing her father's portrait.

2nd scene: 1:33 - 1:50
The former director of Gakushuin Kindergarten, where most imperial children go in childhood, says that they had not had fathers' class observation days until 1991. They had class observation days, but most visitors were mothers, so they decided to make another class observation day for fathers and male guardians to visit.

3rd scene: 1:50 - 2:08
This is a sports day when Prince Naruhito was as little as today's Princess Aiko. The then-crown-prince couple were watching their children.

4th scene: 2:08 - 3:30
Crown Princess Michiko (the current empress) often went to school for her children's school events. From 2:47, the sports day of 1965, Prince Naruhito took part in sports day and Crown Prince Akihito (the current emperor) ran in an obstacle race together with other pupils' fathers. From 3:03, Crown Princess Michiko took part in the ball-rolling race for Prince Fumihito (the current Prince of Akishino) on the sports day of 1970. (Empress Michiko is always elegant.) From 3:15, on the sports day of 1973, she put balls in the bascket for Princess Sayako (the current Mrs. Kuroda). The former director of the kindergarten testifies that the three children looked very pleased with their parents joining the games.

5th scene: 3:30 - 3:58
The reporter says that Emperor Showa (Emperor Hirohito) and Empress Kojun (Empress Nagako) did not take part in their sons' school events because there was a custom that a tutor was chosen chiefly to foster emperor's sons. So the current imperial couple are the first imperial couple to raise up their sons without foster parents. From 3:40, Emperor Showa is playing reversi with the current emperor. From 3:52, Prince Naruhito is touching Prince Fumihito.

6th scene: 3:58 - 6:24
The crown prince is saying that it is very good for fathers to have more involvement in parenting, both for fathers and children. Princess Aiko is jumping. (How cute!) From 4:38, they hiked at Numappara moor in 2003. From 4:52, Princess Aiko is reading a book and speaking "where have they gone?" She seems to be searching a character in the picture book. She called her father "Papa." From 4:50, they went to Tokyo Disney Sea.

7th scene: 6:24 -
Ms. Yoko Zetterlund (a Japanese American volleyball player) comments that it is lovely for the crown prince to spare his busy time for Princess Aiko because every daughter will distance herself from her own father someday.
IZUMI, your English is far, far better than is my Japanese!

You impress me

MANY people do here, with their command and knowledge of English ...

Thank you for this translation.

It IS very helpful and far, far better than none at all! KUDOS
Old 01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Amazing material! I liked it a lot...and thanks for the translation, Azumi!

Vanesa.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Commoner

I am glad that my humble translation helped to a little extent.

Princess Aiko is going to enter elementary school this April. They will have a lot of school events like sports day, picnic, etc. So let's hope to see her with her parents at school events often.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Cool Any translations help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izumi View Post
I am glad that my humble translation helped to a little extent.

Princess Aiko is going to enter elementary school this April. They will have a lot of school events like sports day, picnic, etc. So let's hope to see her with her parents at school events often.
Any translations help!

I admire people who know English.

I admire anyone Bilingual.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's Princess Aiko, led by her mother Crown Princess Masako, arrives at the gate of Kodomo-no-kuni (Children's Land) in Yokohama, near Tokyo, during an outing of her Gakushuin Kindergarten Thursday, March 6, 2008.

Photos from AP

This is going to be Aiko's last kindergarten outing because she will be entering Gakushuin Primary School in April.

asahi.com : KANAGAWA: Aiko on farewell outing with classmates - ENGLISH
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the photos mandyy. Aiko is certainly growing up to be a beautiful young lady. I'm really liking Masako's longer hair. It suits her.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Thank you for the photos mandyy. Aiko is certainly growing up to be a beautiful young lady. I'm really liking Masako's longer hair. It suits her.
I agree with you. They look great, very classy and elegant
Old 03-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan Today - News - Princess Aiko finishes kindergarten

Japan's Princess Aiko, 6, poses for photos as she is accompanied by her parents Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, background, to leave Gakushuin Kindergarten after attending a graduation ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, Saturday, March 15, 2008.

Photos from AP via Yahoo

JIJI press photo

CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Courtier

She is so lovely!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

The first of what will hopefully be many educational milestones!

Closed Thread

Tags
aiko, princess aiko, princess toshi