Princess Aiko Current Events: July 2005 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Aiko attends Gakushuin school fair
Princess Aiko on Sunday attended a concert and took part in children's games at the student festival at Gakushuin................She tried her hand at a "yo-yo" fishing game, in which small water-filled "yo-yo" balloons are plucked from a tank of water. She took home three balloons she fished out.............
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060416/kyodo/d8h0u0og5.html

Princess Aiko listens to her parents Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako while attending a concert at the Gakushuin school's memorial hall in Tokyo April 16, 2006. The four-year-old Princess Aiko entered the Gakushuin Kindergarten early this month.

#1: Profimedia
#2: NNN news
#3: Yomiuri news

Very cute...she braided 2 braids with her hair:)
She seems to be amazed by the crowd of people welcoming her....
Is Aiko beginning to do her share of official duties.....:) ????

Attachments

• NWS-953821.jpg
    NWS-953821.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 936
  • 20060416-00000012-nnn-soci-thumb-001.jpg
    20060416-00000012-nnn-soci-thumb-001.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 499
  • MM20060416202630668L0.jpg
    MM20060416202630668L0.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 419
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again, Mandyy, for the latest news/info. :) I wish I could do embroidery as well as CP Masako - I had no inclination at all for that stuff, although it was forced upon us at school.

Aiko looked very cute indeed at the concert. And she looked so well behaved for a 4-year old!

aiko this very good-looking one with the two tresses :D she is beautiful !!!!!!!

Aiko is so cute, she's gotten so big.

Thank you so much for the photos. They look like such a close knit family. I love the photos of Naruhito explaining something to Aiko and she is intently looking at whatever it is he is showing her!

2 more photos from TVBS news

Below #1-2 from Polfoto, #3-4 from Profimedia

Every photo here is different

Last edited:
WOW. They've become very medial family on last few weeks.

article from HELLO
...............The Japanese princess, who started Kindergarten earlier this month, seemed transfixed by the efforts of her new schoolmates as around 50 of the youngsters performed traditional songs like Zosan, or Elephant.

Aiko's parents went along to join their little girl for Gakushuin school's annual fair. And the outing no doubt brought back fond memories for dad Naruhito, as he played viola at the yearly event when he was a student there. The future emperor's four-year-old daughter opted for a somewhat less demanding challenge, by trying her hand at a fishing game in which small water-filled balloons were plucked from a large tank of water..................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/04/17/royalkids/

Last edited:
This week's magazine cover features Princess Aiko entering Gakushuin kindergarten
#1: Shukanjosei
#2: Josei 7

Attachments

• woman060502_l.jpg
    woman060502_l.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 309
  • cover06-16.jpg
    cover06-16.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:
Royal Family attends school concert
...............Princess Aiko started attending Gakushuin kindergarten earlier this month. Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako said they were glad to hear their daughter kept good company with her friends and had a full life at the kindergarten, according to the Imperial Household Agency.
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20060417p2a00m0na010000c.html

a very cute princess indeed! so she likes sumo, snowboarding and speed skating...

i'll bet she can be and Xtreme Games athlete ;) :D

thanks by the photos, Aiko is very beautiful!

Just found some old pics of Prince Akishino's girls with their Kindergarten uniform during their graduation from the Gakushuin kindergarten in 1998 and 2001.
From Yomiuri news

Below is one from JIJI press of Aiko's recent entrance to Gakushuin.

According to Kyodo news, the trip of the Crown Prince Family to the Imperial Farm in Tochigi Prefecture from May 3rd-6th was cancelled because Princess Aiko has a cold and is also having a fever. Aiko will stay in Togu Palace to rest for the next few days. If Aiko's fever continues, plans will be made for her to stay home and rest instead of going to Gakushuin kindergarten.

Last edited:
mandyy said:
According to Kyodo news, the trip of the Crown Prince Family to the Imperial Farm in Tochigi Prefecture from May 3rd-6th was cancelled because Princess Aiko has a cold and is also having a fever. Aiko will stay in Togu Palace to rest for the next few days. If Aiko's fever continues, plans will be made for her to stay home and rest instead of going to Gakushuin kindergarten.

I hope Aiko feels better soon. :) I am also sick right now and it's not fun. :(

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Time flies, doesn't it? She's already starting school! Wow...

Anyway, in some of those pictures, she looks like a carbon copy of her father!
Indeed..:D ..she looks like her daddy

mandyy said:
Below is one from JIJI press of Aiko's recent entrance to Gakushuin.
Why is this poor child weighed down with bags? Don't they have servants to lug these things around?

thanks by the photos, Aiko is very beautiful, so cute.

PreDoc said:
Why is this poor child weighed down with bags? Don't they have servants to lug these things around?

maybe this's called self service :D j/k.. just to make Aiko more independent maybe? :)

PreDoc said:

Oh, Aiko has several chamberlains in addition to the attendants assigned to her. But since she's attending school, her attendants will only be able to carry their functions to a certain extent when she's in school.

I think Ochan's right - and her parents want her to experience what other kids her age do, so I guess that includes carrying things.

Last edited:
More photos of Aiko and Masako
#1: Yomiuri news
#2-5: Reuters
#6: Asahi news
#7: NNN news
#8: ANN news
#9: FNN news
[URL="http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mm20060516105553096l03pp.jpg"][/URL]

Below is the website (in English) of the Shinjuku Gyoen Park that Aiko is visiting with her mom and her classmates from Gakushuin kindergarten.
http://www.shinjukugyoen.go.jp/english/english-index.html
They also have a Old Western-style Imperial Rest House....don't know if Aiko gets to rest there for a while if she gets tired......  
http://www.shinjukugyoen.go.jp/oyasumi/english-oyasumi.html

Last edited:
thank you very much… Aiko this precious one is a so handsome girl, I am glad to return to see it ;) :) !!!!!!!

Article from HELLO
.............On that occasion she wore a smart navy jacket with red piping. On Monday, however, the little princess was in a white shirt and navy pinafore, with sports shoes and a plastic container hanging over her shoulder.
Mother and daughter seemed in good spirits for the day out at Shinjuku Gyoen Park. A smiling Masako gave her customary shy wave for waiting photographers, a gesture that was copied by four-year-old Aiko..................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/05/16/princessaiko/

Photo from AFP via HELLO (w/o watermark)

Last edited:
Aiko is a very pretty girl. And I think it will be a pity if she one day would not be Japan emperor.

Thanks for all the great photos. I came on to post the Hello article and you guys are so alert, so much more posted. Really happy to see all the different photos of the event. What a darling little girl.

Great photos, Adry and Mandyy -- thanks for posting them, as always. I think Masako is looking really good these days -- sure hope her outward appearance reflects her inner health.

thank you very much…
Masako looks wonderful and appropriate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom