Princess Aiko Current Events: July 2005 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
purple_platinum said:
Thanks for the photos, everyone!

is it known when Princess Aiko will start in kindergarten?

Aiko will begin kindergarten on April 1st next year. April 1st is the beginning of the school year in Japan. ( The academic year ends in early March)

Princess Aiko is sooooo adorable...I am really fond of her...Thanks for the photos..sooo cute

Charlotte1 said:
Aiko will begin kindergarten on April 1st next year. April 1st is the beginning of the school year in Japan. ( The academic year ends in early March)

thanks for the explanation, Charlotte1 !! :) :)

I can't wait to see the little princess on her 1st day of school.

Those are lovely photos. Aiko is the image of her dad even moreso as she ages!

The craft is really good for such a young person! She did have help from her parents but I can imagine Aiko working really hard on this. She seems like such a sweetie! May she be a great Empress one day...hopefully!

EYE ON ASIA
By Brian Bremner
The Princess and the Workforce
The controversy over bringing four-year-old Princess Aiko into the line of royal succession may have larger implications for Japan's women and economy

[FONT=arial,helvetica,univers]The Japanese royal at the center of a national debate is all of four years old, and she's hardly the stuff of tabloid headlines. When the Japanese Imperial Household Agency releases photos of Princess Aiko, it's usually along the lines of the little princess digging sweet potatoes with her mother, Crown Princess Masako, at one of the Imperial family's royal palaces. Following Princess Aiko is about as scintillating as a covering a croquet tournament for the 80-plus set................[/FONT]
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/jan2006/nf2006014_9731_db087.htm?campaign_id=rss_daily

What a cutie! She's so adorable! :D She's got this beautiful pitch black hair that blends well with her snowy colored skin. :)

Oh gosh, Aiko looks bigger and a bit different from the set of pics taken during her last birthday (only two months ago)! She's really growing up fast!

Thanks, Mandyy. :)

monica17 said:
Oh gosh, Aiko looks bigger and a bit different from the set of pics taken during her last birthday (only two months ago)! She's really growing up fast!

Thanks, Mandyy. :)
You're welcome!!!
The time interval between her birthday photos (taken in mid-Nov) and Prince Naruhito's (Feb. 13) are nearly 3 months.
I also thought that she grew a lot.
Maybe we'll even see more changes from the photos of her beginning kindergarten this coming April.

She could hardly look more like her father. It's almost uncanny.

Elspeth said:
She could hardly look more like her father. It's almost uncanny.

I've noticed that too... good enough to be Empress Aiko after her father I would say!

Japan's four-year-old princess watching sumo
TOKYO (AFP) - Four-year-old Princess Aiko, who would be Japan's first female monarch in centuries under controversial reforms, loves sumo, the traditional wrestling form which also bans women.
Crown Prince Naruhito, offering a rare glimpse of family life, said he and his wife Masako play pretend sumo with their only child....................................
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/23022006/323/japan-s-four-year-old-princess-watching-sumo.html

Oh dear, I don't recognize Aiko when I saw these photos on the other portal!!!:) :confused:

Four-year-old Princess Aiko, seen here in a 13 February 2006 handout from the Imperial Household Agency(IHA), who would be Japan's first female monarch in centuries under controversial reforms, loves sumo, the traditional wrestling form which also bans women

from yahoo/afp

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 723
Aiko is just adorable, and her sweet mother looks wonderful! So nice to see a picture of the family.

From Prince Naruhito's press conference prior to his birthday, he told reporters that he's currently enjoying in watching in the Turino Winter Olympics with Aiko. When asked which sport Aiko enjoys the most, he answered they she enjoys watching snowboard cross, speed skating and ski.

And from the regulatory press conference on Feb, 24 by the Chief chamberlain to the Crown prince's household, he told the press that Aiko and her parents were tremendously happy about the news of Shizuka ARAKAWA winning the gold medal in the ladies figure skating yesterday.

I bet Aiko enjoyed the show a lot especially with her country winning the gold and it was the first medal for the Japanese team in the 2006 winter olympics.

Princess Aiko is currently learning how to skate too.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mandyy. I bet they did enjoy watching Shizuka Arakawa win -- it was a beautiful performance; great way to win a gold. I must admit that as an American I was rooting for Sasha Cohen who is also such a beautiful skater, but Arakawa sure earned the gold!

Aiko's cousin Princess Kako is a keen figure skater. There were photos released of her skating for either one of her birthdays or her father's. ( Akishino)

Last edited:
she loves sumo wrestling! how precious. i just think she's the most adorable thing ever.

Instead of a trip to Tokyo Disneyland, the crown prince couple went to Tokyo Ueno Zoo with Princess Aiko and friends of the couple along with their kids on March 6, 2006. This was Aiko's first trip to the zoo. At the zoo, she also met with the 2 elephants that were given to her from the Thai government as a gift celebrating her birth in 2001. She also had fun interacting with baby animals.

The zoo normally closes on Monday, and because of this the crown prince couple arranged this trip on this day for Aiko. They stayed from 10 am to 3 pm and had bento with their friends.

As mentioned before, the crown prince couple wanted Aiko to have various experiences as she grows and this was especially planned before she enters Gakushuin kindergarten this April.

Photo from March 3, 2006. (NNN news)

Last edited:
Shes so cute. Im imageing her imitating the sumo wrestelers while watching TV. She has such a cute smile and seem so alive and energetic.

Yes, she is a darling. Her parent must be quite proud of her

How cute Aiko is!

:p Princess Aiko is getting more and more cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom