Princess Aiko News and Current Events Part 3: April 2008 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to say this because I know I've been a critic of Naruhito and company on this board...So I want to say that I do think Princess Aiko is just about the most adorable looking princess ever!

Schooling a challenge for Princess Masako and Aiko

"...When Princess Masako joined a kindergarten trip a few years ago, it started raining and she didn’t know what to do. None of the other mothers spoke to her or gave her a hand. It showed the communication between them wasn’t working well at that time....”

If with all their selecting they cannot even make sure that the carefully selected mothers of the carefully selected pupils know as much of good manners as to offer their future empress an umbrella when it starts raining I´d propose they´d give it up altogether! Every commoner – Japanese or foreigner – would have had as much politeness...:cool:

Seriously, it is depressing:sad: to see how an article on such a joyful occasion as this, of a little girl healthily growing up and entering school:graduate:, can be made in nearly every sentence into an attack against her mother. I must say, if I have to choose I´d even prefer to this those “Masako-ruins-Japanese-economy-by-dining-in-expensive-restaurants”-articles as they are, at least, straightforward and without this sickening tone of false pity, and first and foremost, because they leave her daughter out of this. It really seems that they would rejoice if Aiko would turn out to be stupid or mentally ill because that would prove them right in their doom-and-gloom-talking of such a mother as her´s only causing problems.

well what can one do? Unless become a journalist...then we probably can do something

Princess Aiko, accompanied by her parents Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako. arrives to attend her entrance ceremony at the Gakushuin Primary School in Tokyo Thursday, April 10, 2008.
Photos:
Daylife

It is great to see the Crown Princely couple and Princess Aiko smiling. Given some negativity surrounding this event, I hope Princess Aiko and her parents will have a good experience with these elite school.

Nice picture. I love the one that showed Naruhito and Masako look at each other happily. They look so proud. I hope Aiko will enjoy her new experience as a primary school student.

she's growing into such a pretty little girl!

So cute-and love the navy blue raincoat!:flowers::wub: She is one adorable little girl.

Princess Aiko has the chicken pox. Story from Mainichi Daily News on May 2, 2008

Princess Aiko has chicken pox

Princess Aiko, the daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, has chicken pox, the Imperial Household Agency announced on Monday.
The 6-year-old princess broke out in a rash on Friday and developed a slight fever over the weekend, when the rash spread and formed blisters.
Her rash and fever both subsided on Monday, but she will not attend classes at Gakushuin Primary School and instead will rest at her home in Tokyo's Togu Palace until she has completely recovered, the agency said.

Princess Aiko's YouTube video clips can be found in this thread.

Enjoy! :flowers:

Mandy

Princess Aiko has the chicken pox. Story from Mainichi Daily News on May 2, 2008

Princess Aiko has chicken pox

Princess Aiko, the daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, has chicken pox, the Imperial Household Agency announced on Monday.
The 6-year-old princess broke out in a rash on Friday and developed a slight fever over the weekend, when the rash spread and formed blisters.
Her rash and fever both subsided on Monday, but she will not attend classes at Gakushuin Primary School and instead will rest at her home in Tokyo's Togu Palace until she has completely recovered, the agency said.

I hope she'll get better soon and enjoy her joyful day school again:flowers:

Pics 19.5.2008

Japan's Princess Aiko walks with her mother Masako as they visit
an aquarium in Tokyo on May 19, 2008. Princess Aiko entered an
elementary school and enjoyed an excursion with her school friend
during the day

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Japan's Princess Aiko walks with her mother Masako as they visit
an aquarium in Tokyo on May 19, 2008. Princess Aiko entered an
elementary school and enjoyed an excursion with her school friend
during the day

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
She looks great, thanks for these pictures. I can't help but noticing how good Masako looks lately!

Yes.., both Princesses looks great. It seems that they really enjoy their time together. Wish them all the best..

aww poor little girl! Must be sad to see her daddy leave! She's such a beautiful girl! I love MAsako's looks!

Masako does not look either as if this was the happiest day of her life (although she, of course, covers it up better than her daughter). It is probably a mixture of regret because their little family is split up and of grief because she has still not succeeded in regaining her health so far as to accompany her husband.

I suppose that royals do not do that :ermm: but I think, if possible, the best solution would be if they could go abroad ALL THREE TOGETHER. It would be clear then that Aiko cannot listen all day to boring speeches and that someone has to take care of her. So they could do the short and easy duties together as a family, and the longer and heavier ones Naruhito would do by himself and Masako and Aiko could go to the zoo in the meantime or go play with the little Spanish princesses or something of the sort. If Masako could have these times to relax and to be herself she might be able to begin again attending to some official duties without being exhausted. This would give her back her hope and self confidence and further her recovery. Aiko would be thrilled to be with both her parents, and as she is a princess, such a trip could be seen as a necessary part of her education. And as a child always has a charm that we grown-ups lack ;) she would certainly enhance the diplomatic success of her parents considerably. And Naruhito would probably be very glad to be able to join his wife and daughter in the evening and to have in Masako someone with whom he can have a good talk about their impressions of the country whose friendship they want to win for Japan.

What's the health problem of masako?

She is said to be suffering from an "adjustment disorder." In other words, she has some kind of mental illness. We don't know exactly what her symptoms are because no-one has told us. :ermm:

What's the health problem of masako?

I think that your idea is extremely sensible, ChiaraC.:flowers: Hopefully some people in the Imperial Household Agency drop in here and read from time to time.;)

I suppose that royals do not do that :ermm: but I think, if possible, the best solution would be if they could go abroad ALL THREE TOGETHER. It would be clear then that Aiko cannot listen all day to boring speeches and that someone has to take care of her. So they could do the short and easy duties together as a family, and the longer and heavier ones Naruhito would do by himself and Masako and Aiko could go to the zoo in the meantime or go play with the little Spanish princesses or something of the sort. If Masako could have these times to relax and to be herself she might be able to begin again attending to some official duties without being exhausted. This would give her back her hope and self confidence and further her recovery. Aiko would be thrilled to be with both her parents, and as she is a princess, such a trip could be seen as a necessary part of her education. And as a child always has a charm that we grown-ups lack ;) she would certainly enhance the diplomatic success of her parents considerably. And Naruhito would probably be very glad to be able to join his wife and daughter in the evening and to have in Masako someone with whom he can have a good talk about their impressions of the country whose friendship they want to win for Japan.

oh, so bad, that bad, all the setbacks it has had Princess Masako, but the prince supports her?

Japan's Princess Aiko, daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, runs during an annual autumn sports event at her Gakushuin elementary school in Tokyo Sunday, Oct. 12, 2008

Photos from AP via Yahoo

She certainly takes after her dad. I hadn't noticed how strongly she resembles him before. Beautiful video of Masako here as well. Thank you very much namiey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom