Princess Aiko News and Current Events Part 3: April 2008 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JAPAN'S royals, including reigning Emperor Akihito, have long prided themselves on receiving the same education as ordinary people.
Yet it can be an experience that includes learning to put up with occasional teasing by schoolmates.
But apparently, Princess Aiko is not the first royal to fall victim to pranks and harassment from classmates.
Palace officials said the princess complained about being hit by a ball during a game of dodge ball, though she was apparently not specifically targeted.
In fact, her aunt, the former Princess Nori, who is now married to a commoner, also had a ball thrown at her while at Gakushuin but took it in her stride.
Two of Princess Aiko's cousins had their purses stolen at the school, while her father was taunted by female classmates for being too earnest.
Gakushuin, it would seem, is no different from other schools in the country.
The school is also proud of its policy of not treating its royals any differently from other children.

The Straits Times via AsiaOneEducation

The Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko had a lunch with the Imperial couple on March 18th.
Princess Aiko looked relaxed after the lunch.
A second grader at Gakushuin Primary School in Tokyo's Shinjuku Ward, the Princess missed school or most of her classes late last month and earlier this month, complaining of severe anxiety apparently caused by the rowdy behavior of some boys there. She also did not attend this month's ceremony for the end of the academic year, and is now on spring break.
Following Princess Aiko's classroom trouble, the Emperor and Empress have expressed their concern for the Princess, school officials and other students at the school, commenting: "Sufficient consideration should be given to solve the problem without sacrificing anyone."
The Mainichi Daily News article with a small picture

Photo from AP Photo - Topics - The Orange County Register

Princess Aiko with her parents, Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, visited a ski resort in the region on vacation on March 24, 2010. The royal family will spend their vacation here. AP

plus other footages: photos from AFP BBnews
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269411067749.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269411028668.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269411038373.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269416332076.jpg
Aiko looked sublime in the midst of rain. An the family wear a matching color outfits, so cute!

It is astonishing and I cannot explain, why photos of the Japanese Royal Family are always encouraging my state of mind :)

Aiko looks like she just wants to get out of the rain! It's always sad to hear the bullying kids go through growing up.

Princess Aiko, the 8-year-old daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, became a third grader and attended school on the start of the new school year Friday after staying away from school in March.
Crown Princess Masako took Princess Aiko with her to Gakushuin Primary School in the capital. But the little princess skipped the term-opening ceremony.
Princess Aiko, the couple's only child, attended a briefing session for new third graders on their new life held after the opening ceremony. Crown Princess Masako was also present at the session, palace officials said.

Full article - Mainichi Daily
Article - Kyodo

Thank you for providing all of the articles Kasumi. I hope everything works out for Aiko at school.

Princess Aiko March 5, 2010-present

I've been reading on wikipedia that Aiko-sama had been skipping school due to bullying by classmates. That's not cool. If I were Princess Aiko, I would tell parents or a teacher, because I would not accept insults.

I think that she must have, because it became quite a big deal in the media.:flowers:

I've been reading on wikipedia that Aiko-sama had been skipping school due to bullying by classmates. That's not cool. If I were Princess Aiko, I would tell parents or a teacher, because I would not accept insults.

Sad situation for all involved and hopefully it can be resolved quickly. I hate to think that any child is subjected to this kind of treatment.:bang:

Update about our little princess

Princess Aiko continues attending classes with mother present
Princess Aiko continues attending classes with mother present › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Many people doubt this solution, but I like it that Masako is attentive and listened enough to her child, in means also gives Aiko chances to overcome her fear and feel better by helping her in a gentle way. And seeing this I don't think she's a strict of a mother like her mom (Yumiko Egashira) used to be... :ermm:
On top of that, I'm sure she can aquire some good knowledge and guide on how to assist a child who's being picked on...

The latest photos (on different occasion in 2010):
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1272708299350.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1272708365824.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1272704052593.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1272710937613.jpg (zoom in)
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1272704476400.jpg (2009)
source: yuko2ch.net
What a growth she has become, isn't she? :wub: and lovely dress too

Sad situation for all involved and hopefully it can be resolved quickly. I hate to think that any child is subjected to this kind of treatment.:bang:

Yeah, especially if that child is a public figure since born... Certainly the attention will bring out the worsts and goods of everything around it. Remembering this, I really hope she can go well through puberty...

It is written in wikipedia that according to hebdomadal, the bullying involved a scraged and handled head. And I thought the worst in elementary school bullying is throwing snacks at somebody!! Where do the kids learned that?? and on top of that to a girl..., several girls even, because the target wasn't only Aiko.
Aiko, Princess Toshi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If this story is true, Gakushuin really has a serious issue on hand. If they still want to stay on top of the prestigious education institution in a country of gradually decreasing young demographic, they can no longer take this with the usual, ineffective anticipation as it usually done by their counterparts (other Japanese schools).

Where are the school personnel in all this? A child that is involved in bullying and throwing food should be sent home and not come back until parents have been informed and behavior rules discussed. Is Aiko going to a private school or public. From the reports it sounds like a school in an underserved neighborhood where there are not enough trained school personnel to handle the students.

Where are the school personnel in all this? A child that is involved in bullying and throwing food should be sent home and not come back until parents have been informed and behavior rules discussed. Is Aiko going to a private school or public. From the reports it sounds like a school in an underserved neighborhood where there are not enough trained school personnel to handle the students.

There was no food throwing, just boys pushing and shoving in the hallway. This was referred to as 'bullying'.

Aiko goes to one of the most exclusive private elementary schools in Japan, it was originally set up specifically to educate the children of the nobility. Now it's selective, children have pass an entrance exam to attend the school. It's not enough that the parents can just afford the enormous fees.

The school administration has met with Naruhito and Masako a number of times to discuss the situation with Aiko. The school has added teachers to patrol the hallways to combat the rowdy behaviour. To me it seems more like Aiko is milking the situation not to attend school on a fulltime basis.

Where are the school personnel in all this? ... From the reports it sounds like a school in an underserved neighborhood where there are not enough trained school personnel to handle the students.

A staff who's in charge of 30-40 students in one class already had too much on their plate, believe me...
That is one of the factors why bullying is a major problem in Japan. Besides the lame anticipations and excuses: moushiwage arimasen (We're really sorry, we don't know). Keep saying that until the student hanged themselves, or jumping out of the building. I'm sorry, but that's how their known reputation is, like what I heard from Japan Today News Forum...

But otherwise, I think making a staff patrolling around school hall is effective enough. Afterall, beside nourishing minds, schools is about maintain order, especially in a system that required little boys and girls to sit for many hours of lessons, until half an hour recess comes and they went overdrive...
It's important to settled the children's behaviour while still at elementary level. That is if the story about kicking and scraged head is true...

A staff who's in charge of 30-40 students in one class already had too much on their plate, believe me...
That is one of the factors why bullying is a major problem in Japan. Besides the lame anticipations and excuses: moushiwage arimasen (We're really sorry, we don't know). Keep saying that until the student hanged themselves, or jumping out of the building. I'm sorry, but that's how their known reputation is, like what I heard from Japan Today News Forum...

Aiko does not have 30 to 40 students in her class, information about her class size was given out when she started at Gakushuin elementary. An extra class was formed so that class sizes would be 30 students and no more. The problem with Aiko happened in the hallway of the school, not in the classroom or the playground, she was jostled and pushed. She was upset by the boys rough behaviour.

While there are extreme cases of bullying in Japanese schools, they are rare and Gakushuin elementary is not a hotbed of bullying!

I didn't suggest Gakushuin as a hotbed of bullying. I'm referring to the tendency typical Japanese schools for being non-transparent in responding the bullying issue within their school. That fact made me doubt Gakushuin representative and Nomura's explanations on Aiko's bullying. Wich did not indicate direct physical violence. Because Aiko became reluctant to go to school, I wonder if the rough behaviour involved direct physicals at higher level. Is being jostled and pushed by running boys in the hallway enough to traumatized her?. And what about the other kids who said were a victims too?

Princess Aiko is represented by flowers

The white azaleas in the Tokyo shrine's garden represent Princess Aiko, daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito.- Channel News Asia

The white azaleas in the Tokyo shrine's garden represent Princess Aiko, daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito.- Channel News Asia

My goodness! that garden is like a beds of heaven!. And the white azaleas are so pretty. It actually reminds me of the dress she wore at the recent Goryo Ranch retreat for 'golden week' holiday. It's all in these pictures:

http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1273274172156.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1273274218562.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1273274196756.jpg

Online death threats for Princess Aiko

The Japanese police has arrested a 26-year-old unemployed man Kengo Ezaka on Saturday for allegedly posting an online treat to kill Princess Aiko of Japan by "smashing her head with a hammer".
It is reported the man told the police he only wanted to test reactions of others online and hadn't thought he would be arrested.
Monsters & Critics

Oh my heavens! :eek: What an awful thing-glad it's being taken care of. I''m sure this is devastating to her parents. So sad.

Testing reactions online appears to be a rather lame excuse. I wonder what prompted the person in question to test the reactions. Why to choose Princess Aiko? The heir issue has been settled. Princess Aiko should be allowed to live her life.

IHA demands publisher apologize and correct article

The Imperial Household Agency has asked publisher Shinchosha for an apology and correction after a weekly magazine article alleged that the agency had suggested to Princess Aiko's school that it add medication to the school meals of unruly boys to calm them down, which the agency described as a "baseless and malicious" accusation, a senior official of the agency said Friday.
The article claimed that the board of the crown prince's household allegedly recommended that Gakushuin Primary School mix medication for children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder into the school meals of unruly boys, as the princess, a third grader, had become reluctant to go to school after encountering the rough behavior of the boys.
Meanwhile, the publisher said, "We have confidence in the credibility of the article as it was written on a solid basis." - Full article Kyodo

Princess Aiko gradually recovering, but still uneasy at school

The princess is now a third grader at Gakushuin Primary School, situated in Tokyo's Shinjuku Ward.
"Whenever Princess Aiko arrives at the school, there is a tense atmosphere," says a source at the school.
Before the princess arrives at school, members of the Imperial Household Agency are already standing near the school gate, eyes and ears alert. After the car ferrying Princess Aiko and her mother Crown Princess Masako arrives, until the two make it into the school building, there is a tense atmosphere unlike what one would expect at an elementary school, says a school source. "Ever since the incident with Princess Aiko, it's been like this constantly. I wonder when we'll be able to see the princess coming to school smiling." - Mainichi Daily News

The Japanese police has arrested a 26-year-old unemployed man Kengo Ezaka on Saturday for allegedly posting an online treat to kill Princess Aiko of Japan by "smashing her head with a hammer".
It is reported the man told the police he only wanted to test reactions of others online and hadn't thought he would be arrested.
Monsters & Critics

I'm not visiting this Forum since some months by now...And the first seen I've noticed is this AWFUL new. :bang::bang: How can these kind of people exist in our "civilizated" times? (of course, I'm saying it with irony). Poor little girl! I think that the "heir" issue has nothing to do here. The man only wanted to kill this poor innocent girl for she is a Royal. There's people who hates Royals only for they are born Royals. They hates them and supposes that all the worng that happens in their lifes happened because there are Royals in the world. That's the same logic of this awful man who murdered Empress Elizabeth of Austria, the exalted one who fired over Nasser-ed-Din Shah and killed Duc of Berry. Of course, one could not believe this could be happening NOW at XXI Century. But people...human being nature NEVER CHANGES.

I hope the Princess could recover of all this awful incident. :sad: My heart is with Princess Aiko and her parents, whatever can I think about them.

Vanesa.

The Imperial Household Agency has asked publisher Shinchosha for an apology and correction after a weekly magazine article alleged that the agency had suggested to Princess Aiko's school that it add medication to the school meals of unruly boys to calm them down, which the agency described as a "baseless and malicious" accusation, a senior official of the agency said Friday.
The article claimed that the board of the crown prince's household allegedly recommended that Gakushuin Primary School mix medication for children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder into the school meals of unruly boys, as the princess, a third grader, had become reluctant to go to school after encountering the rough behavior of the boys.
Meanwhile, the publisher said, "We have confidence in the credibility of the article as it was written on a solid basis." - Full article Kyodo

Hmmm... Somehow I find this a little hard to believe. It seems to be in ages since some Japanese articles published some slander-smelling news toward their royal family. All this time, Japanese Imperial Household has been trying to protect it's image by tightly controlling of the press, wich large part of it is was by establishing their own association for royal news coverage, called Kaisha Kurabu. So as someone the other post wrote, Japanese Imperial members relatively free from paparazzi. So why does this long standing, weekly shinchosa suddenly made a claim thats not only sensational about the royal family, but groundless to the IHA?. Isnt' all this time the news that coming out is what IHA would approved?
It has been some time now since Ben Hill made a revealing journalist report surrounding Princess Masako that shook the establishment. Some of the materials he brought are not only controvertial but unavoidingly highlighting the aspects about Imperial System. It's from there that lots of people know about kaisha kurabu, and other things. But this news, would be HIGHLY controvertial, even more malicious than Ben Hill because this is not only concerning about the Crown Prince, but also the children at Gakushuin. So this lead me to suspect that this news could be IHA's effort
to published the message to public that 'press can be harmfull. All they want is hanging anybody's dirty laundry to create sensation and increasing profit. So what Ben Hill, or other possible journalist malicious writings of imperial families is definitely unfit to believe and groundless'.

I should see further than IHA. Everyones is focusing on IHA and I believe that there are people interested in overthrown Monarchy in Japan and other countries. This is a more serious issue than IHA's acts. IHA's lives of Monarchy preservation. There's other people interested in ending Monarchy. I'm very sad and angry than those are using a poor girl to reach their objective...but I must be used to this. They are ready to the worsest thing you ever thinks about. :sad:

Vanesa.

Princess Aiko may quit school in Japan

According to Japanese weeklies Shukan Shincho and Josei Seven, Aiko-sama may quit school in Japan to attend a boarding school in either Switzerland or Australia. Those reports come after widespread coverage in mainstream Japanese media earlier this year of the princess allegedly suffering bullying at her current school in Shinjuku, Tokyo, and suffering from anxiety.
The Imperial Household Agency declined to comment on matters regarding Princess Aiko. - Full article Wall Street Journal

What a sad new...I think that Royals must study in their countries if possible, in order of learning to love it. But if little Aiko's life or mental stability could be in danger, it's better to her to go abroad. :sad:

However, I was thinking that Princess Aiko could remeber as a traumatizing experience against Japan, the bad moments spents at school in it. :ermm: What a bad thing for a Japanese princess to have a bad experience in a Japanese school!

Vanesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom