Princess Aiko News and Current Events Part 3: April 2008 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense, but then WHERE is Aiko going on her own? :question: (At least, more or less on her own, I suppose that there is a bodyguard somewhere around - but no family member, as far as I can see.)

It is true that in these pics one sees her only walking, but there is a second pic in the forum (probably the cover of some periodical) that shows Aiko by herself in the underground. Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to create a direct link to the second pic, but you can easily find it by just scrolling down this page to the fifth post. There you´ll find, first, the Spanish text I have quoted, second, a smaller version of the pics showing Aiko walking and third, the said periodical cover (if you click on "Ampliar esta imagen", it´ll get bigger).

I cannot really conceive that Aiko should be allowed (or even feel the wish) to go shopping or to make an outing by herself, so, at least, until we get a better explanation, I still suppose that she is on her way to school.

I can't read enough of the kanji to tell you exactly where she's going but can glean some information from what's there and I can read. The walking footage is taken "this morning at 8am", she's in her school uniform, carrying a bag but not her school packpack (the Japanese ones are all the same type). One of the kanji is 'learning' but there's no kanji for school or elementary school so she's not on her way to school. It could be a field trip or another education type outing, she sings in the school choir so could easily be going to a performance out of school hours. Japanese children do attend school related events on weekends and are expected to wear their school uniform to those events.

The picture from the magazine with Aiko on the platform doesn't really show that's she's on her own, it's a close up shot and she's clearly looking up at someone, who's probably with her. Regardless Aiko is never 'on her own' from the point of view that there's always a security officer with her, but 'on her own' without parents or other adults is fairly normal for Japanese children. If they need to catch a train or subway train to school from the age of 6 you will see Japanese children riding these trains without their parents. It's normal, Aiko is now 9 years old and in the 4th grade, the other children in her class would all be roaming to school and school events on their own, riding public transport on their own. (Masako was doing it from when she was 8 and her family returned to Japan) Naruhito and Masako stated in the past they wanted Aiko to have similar childhood experiences as other children her age, so they took her to Ueno zoo, to Tokyo Disney, having her catch the subway is giving her similar experiences to her peers.

I can't read enough of the kanji to tell you exactly where she's going but can glean some information from what's there and I can read. The walking footage is taken "this morning at 8am", she's in her school uniform, carrying a bag but not her school packpack (the Japanese ones are all the same type). One of the kanji is 'learning' but there's no kanji for school or elementary school so she's not on her way to school. It could be a field trip or another education type outing, she sings in the school choir so could easily be going to a performance out of school hours. Japanese children do attend school related events on weekends and are expected to wear their school uniform to those events.
That seems to be a good explanation that she could be on some sort of field trip. As for a performance of the choir, do not you think her parents would be there to attend? Or is it customary for elementary pupils in Japan to perform in hospitals, homes for the aged etc., where, of course, the parents would not always be present?

The picture from the magazine with Aiko on the platform doesn't really show that's she's on her own, it's a close up shot and she's clearly looking up at someone, who's probably with her. Regardless Aiko is never 'on her own' from the point of view that there's always a security officer with her, but 'on her own' without parents or other adults is fairly normal for Japanese children. If they need to catch a train or subway train to school from the age of 6 you will see Japanese children riding these trains without their parents. It's normal, Aiko is now 9 years old and in the 4th grade, the other children in her class would all be roaming to school and school events on their own, riding public transport on their own. (Masako was doing it from when she was 8 and her family returned to Japan) Naruhito and Masako stated in the past they wanted Aiko to have similar childhood experiences as other children her age, so they took her to Ueno zoo, to Tokyo Disney, having her catch the subway is giving her similar experiences to her peers.
As I already mentioned, we agree in that Aiko is never on her own insofar as there is always some security around. The person she is looking up to in the underground may or may not be someone she knows (well, probably the person will, at least, know Aiko, even if Aiko does not know her/him ;)), but I think it is very improbable that it should be someone of the imperial family because then I think he or she would have ended up being on the cover, too.

I did not expressly say so but I would have thought that it is obvious that neither I nor (I suppose) the Spanish forum think it worth mentioning that Aiko seems to be on her own because that would be so very remarkable for a nine-year-old in general, but because she has lately been accompanied by her mother most of the time. And whatever the context, I think, in any case, it is good to see her getting at least glimpses of normal life and apparently feeling rather comfortable with it. Maybe when she marries one day, the IHA will not even have to organize grocery-shopping lessons for her...:whistling:

Princess Aiko goes to school without parents for 1st time in 1.5 yrs

Princess Aiko, the 9-year-old daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, on Tuesday went to and from school without being accompanied by her parents for the first time in around a year and a half, an Imperial Household Agency official said. - Kyodo

I feel sorry for Aiko.But Im glad she's more brave!

That is very good news, and seems about the right amount of time for a child that age to get over the problems she was having with the other kids. Also, at about 9-10, kids become much braver and less dependent on their parents, anyway. I think the little girl's situation is so complex, and there's no telling what the other kids said or what they implied, as well.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I agree with both of you: it is happy news indeed. :)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Here is another article about Aiko attending school again on her own. Although the pic is by no means new, it is imo quite nice.[/FONT]

Princess Aiko had her annual school's athletic festival at the Gakushuin elementary school
again on October 8, 2011. Her parents were there as well and enjoyed the matches.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife **

These pictures make me so happy.

I hope Princess Aiko will make a speedy recovery from her illness.

I really hope it is not serious (I mean not too serious, it must be serious if she is in hospital).

:previous:
Unfortunately, it pneumonia. Poor dear child.:sad:
AFP: Japan's Princess Aiko 'has pneumonia'
"Princess Aiko still has a high fever and cough, and doctors diagnosed her as suffering from mild pneumonia," a spokesman for the Imperial Household Agency said.
[...]
Aiko began running a fever of about 39 degrees Celsius (102.2 degrees Fahrenheit) at the weekend, the palace spokesman said.
Her mother Masako stayed with her at the hospital on Tuesday night, Jiji Press said.

Ah, that's too bad that she has pneumonia.:sad: Especially since pneumonia seems to be one of those things that leaves a person vulnerable to further attacks of it. Still, I hope that she has a swift recovery.

I hope the princess will be better; I hope to get good news further.I like her very much.

Princess contracts pneumonia | The Japan Times Online
Princess Aiko, 9, the daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, was diagnosed with mycoplasmal pneumonia after being hospitalized for fever and coughing, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday.
When the princess will be discharged from the University of Tokyo Hospital has yet to be decided, although her fever has gone down and her symptoms are now stable, Kyoji Komachi, grand master of the crown prince's household, said.
Her mother is staying at the hospital with the princess.

:previous:
The princess was discharged on November 5th, 2011.

Last edited:
God bless her little heart-hope she gets better very very soon-her parents are probably worried sick.:sad:

Thanks for the photos!
Princess Aiko looked lovely.

Thank you :flowers:
She's big girl already, maybe she inherited height after her mom, CP Masako is tall woman for a Japanese standards I think.

Really, how lovely is Princess Aiko, and so charmingly dressed with a twin-set and a small golden brooch; so nice!

She is so cute! Looks so much like her dad.

I just love her. I wish her all the best and hope she has the most happy life.

Aiko playing (birthday pics), with her parents
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4

Here Aiko smiles imo like her grandmother Michiko (I have never before perceived the two to be very similar.)

Here someone is comparing Aiko´s looks to that of her grandfather, grandmother and great grandmother

ChiaraC said:
Aiko playing (birthday pics), with her parents
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4

Here Aiko smiles imo like her grandmother Michiko (I have never before perceived the two to be very similar.)

Here someone is comparing Aiko´s looks to that of her grandfather, grandmother and great grandmother

Aiko really looks like her father!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom