The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It is an interesting assumption to make. Given her age, I highly doubt that Princess Aiko is occupied with such thoughts.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Aiko attended school on March 8th, 2010, for the first time in six days after expressing anxiety since being ''treated harshly'' by boys at her elementary school.
The 8-year-old princess was accompanied by the crown princess in going into the school and attending the fourth period of morning classes, according to the Imperial Household Agency.

Kyodo

Old 03-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Aiko returns to school after suffering bully-induced panic attacks

Princess Aiko returns to school after suffering bully-induced panic attacks - hellomagazine.com (10/03/2010).
Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that we should be too hard on Aiko or think that she's simply copying her mother. She could be a sensitive, nervous child. I had an anxiety attack when I was 10 years old, simply because it was a stormy day and I was afraid that my parents wouldn't be able to come and pick me up.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

"...The episode has once again put Princess Masako’s unhappy story into the harsh glare of Japan’s tabloid press. The news media here portrayed her 1993 wedding as the fairy-tale marriage of a commoner to a prince but then grew increasingly critical of her inability to bear a male heir for the Chrysanthemum Throne. The mounting pressure is widely seen as contributing to what appears to have been a breakdown.
Since last week’s announcement, Princess Masako, 46, has emerged to take her daughter to school and even to sit with Aiko in her second-grade classroom. Some commentators speculated whether her mother’s problems had made Aiko overly sensitive or emotionally frail".
Tokyo Journal - full article
Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Royal Highness

Tokyo Journal - Rough Time at School for Japan’s Little Princess Adds to Royal Family’s Woes - NYTimes.com
Others, however, said the school incident might have the opposite effect of making the public feel more compassion for Princess Masako. They said it could make the crown princess seem less distant if she was seen as a concerned mother facing her childs bullying, an all-too-common problem in Japans high-pressure educational system.
This will impress upon the public psyche that Princess Masako has problems just like the rest of us, said Takeshi Hara, a professor specializing in the monarchy at Meiji Gakuin University here. This could generate more support for her and the crown prince.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Aiko's photo gallery:

Prinzessin Aiko: Schulkameraden quälen sie - BUNTE
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
There is another potential factor, i.e. Princess Aiko may be resentful that Prince Hisahito will inherit the throne instead of Aiko. Until 3 years ago, she was heiress presumptive.
No she wasn't - there is no provision for a female empress in the current constitution. 3 years ago the Crown Prince's heir was his brother and that is still the case. Aiko's position was that of the daughter of the heir apparent and that is still the case. She was never the heiress presumptive to the heir apparent - if she had been then she still would be as Hisahito is her uncle's son not her father's.

There was talk about changing the constitution to allow for Aiko to inherit the throne from her father but that didn't happen and with Hisahito's birth there is now no need to do it in the foreseeable future.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

A senior Imperial Household Agency official Issei Nomura has expressed regrets over the announcement of Princess Aiko's absence from school drawing far wider public attention than expected.
Motomasa Higashisono, a senior director of the Gakushuin School Corporation, is also regretful.
"The school authorities failed to be in close touch with the primary school and the aides to the Crown Prince's household. I'm deeply ashamed because the matter has had an enormous impact on the children as a result," he said.
The Mainichi Daily News
Old 03-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Crown Princely Couple have admitted that they had overreacted because of the Princess Aiko's school case. The Crown Princely Couple said Friday they feel distress for causing public concern. The Crown Princess feels "distress".
Kyodo News
The Japan Times
Old 03-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

JAPAN'S royals, including reigning Emperor Akihito, have long prided themselves on receiving the same education as ordinary people.
Yet it can be an experience that includes learning to put up with occasional teasing by schoolmates.
But apparently, Princess Aiko is not the first royal to fall victim to pranks and harassment from classmates.
Palace officials said the princess complained about being hit by a ball during a game of dodge ball, though she was apparently not specifically targeted.
In fact, her aunt, the former Princess Nori, who is now married to a commoner, also had a ball thrown at her while at Gakushuin but took it in her stride.
Two of Princess Aiko's cousins had their purses stolen at the school, while her father was taunted by female classmates for being too earnest.
Gakushuin, it would seem, is no different from other schools in the country.
The school is also proud of its policy of not treating its royals any differently from other children.

The Straits Times via AsiaOneEducation
Old 03-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko had a lunch with the Imperial couple on March 18th.
Princess Aiko looked relaxed after the lunch.
A second grader at Gakushuin Primary School in Tokyo's Shinjuku Ward, the Princess missed school or most of her classes late last month and earlier this month, complaining of severe anxiety apparently caused by the rowdy behavior of some boys there. She also did not attend this month's ceremony for the end of the academic year, and is now on spring break.
Following Princess Aiko's classroom trouble, the Emperor and Empress have expressed their concern for the Princess, school officials and other students at the school, commenting: "Sufficient consideration should be given to solve the problem without sacrificing anyone."
The Mainichi Daily News article with a small picture
Old 03-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Commoner

Photo from AP Photo - Topics - The Orange County Register

Princess Aiko with her parents, Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, visited a ski resort in the region on vacation on March 24, 2010. The royal family will spend their vacation here. AP

plus other footages: photos from AFP BBnews
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269411067749.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269411028668.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269411038373.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1269416332076.jpg
Aiko looked sublime in the midst of rain. An the family wear a matching color outfits, so cute!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Courtier

It is astonishing and I cannot explain, why photos of the Japanese Royal Family are always encouraging my state of mind
Old 04-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aiko looks like she just wants to get out of the rain! It's always sad to hear the bullying kids go through growing up.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Aiko, the 8-year-old daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, became a third grader and attended school on the start of the new school year Friday after staying away from school in March.
Crown Princess Masako took Princess Aiko with her to Gakushuin Primary School in the capital. But the little princess skipped the term-opening ceremony.
Princess Aiko, the couple's only child, attended a briefing session for new third graders on their new life held after the opening ceremony. Crown Princess Masako was also present at the session, palace officials said.

Full article - Mainichi Daily
Article - Kyodo
Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for providing all of the articles Kasumi. I hope everything works out for Aiko at school.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 AM

Post Princess Aiko March 5, 2010-present

I've been reading on wikipedia that Aiko-sama had been skipping school due to bullying by classmates. That's not cool. If I were Princess Aiko, I would tell parents or a teacher, because I would not accept insults.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that she must have, because it became quite a big deal in the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessie View Post
I've been reading on wikipedia that Aiko-sama had been skipping school due to bullying by classmates. That's not cool. If I were Princess Aiko, I would tell parents or a teacher, because I would not accept insults.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessie View Post
...If I were Princess Aiko, I would tell parents or a teacher...
Would you be so kind to read the previous thread with the articles and discussion of the school situation of HIH the Princess Toshinomiya?
The parents AND the teacher were informed by the Princess actually.

Tags
aiko, princess aiko, princess toshi