The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Masako does not look either as if this was the happiest day of her life (although she, of course, covers it up better than her daughter). It is probably a mixture of regret because their little family is split up and of grief because she has still not succeeded in regaining her health so far as to accompany her husband.

I suppose that royals do not do that but I think, if possible, the best solution would be if they could go abroad ALL THREE TOGETHER. It would be clear then that Aiko cannot listen all day to boring speeches and that someone has to take care of her. So they could do the short and easy duties together as a family, and the longer and heavier ones Naruhito would do by himself and Masako and Aiko could go to the zoo in the meantime or go play with the little Spanish princesses or something of the sort. If Masako could have these times to relax and to be herself she might be able to begin again attending to some official duties without being exhausted. This would give her back her hope and self confidence and further her recovery. Aiko would be thrilled to be with both her parents, and as she is a princess, such a trip could be seen as a necessary part of her education. And as a child always has a charm that we grown-ups lack she would certainly enhance the diplomatic success of her parents considerably. And Naruhito would probably be very glad to be able to join his wife and daughter in the evening and to have in Masako someone with whom he can have a good talk about their impressions of the country whose friendship they want to win for Japan.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Gentry

What's the health problem of masako?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

She is said to be suffering from an "adjustment disorder." In other words, she has some kind of mental illness. We don't know exactly what her symptoms are because no-one has told us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
What's the health problem of masako?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that your idea is extremely sensible, ChiaraC. Hopefully some people in the Imperial Household Agency drop in here and read from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraC View Post
I suppose that royals do not do that but I think, if possible, the best solution would be if they could go abroad ALL THREE TOGETHER. It would be clear then that Aiko cannot listen all day to boring speeches and that someone has to take care of her. So they could do the short and easy duties together as a family, and the longer and heavier ones Naruhito would do by himself and Masako and Aiko could go to the zoo in the meantime or go play with the little Spanish princesses or something of the sort. If Masako could have these times to relax and to be herself she might be able to begin again attending to some official duties without being exhausted. This would give her back her hope and self confidence and further her recovery. Aiko would be thrilled to be with both her parents, and as she is a princess, such a trip could be seen as a necessary part of her education. And as a child always has a charm that we grown-ups lack she would certainly enhance the diplomatic success of her parents considerably. And Naruhito would probably be very glad to be able to join his wife and daughter in the evening and to have in Masako someone with whom he can have a good talk about their impressions of the country whose friendship they want to win for Japan.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Gentry

oh, so bad, that bad, all the setbacks it has had Princess Masako, but the prince supports her?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's Princess Aiko, daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, runs during an annual autumn sports event at her Gakushuin elementary school in Tokyo Sunday, Oct. 12, 2008

Photos from AP via Yahoo
Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Gentry

add more photo and video clip?
photo from mainichi
http://ca.c.yimg.jp/news/20081012193...i-view-000.jpg
photo from sankei
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/cult...1550000-n1.jpg

video by ann
愛子さまが徒競走で堂々の1位!学習院初等科運動会(テレビ朝日系) - Yahoo!ニュース
you tube
Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

From HOLA Magazine

Galeras de imgenes

Old 10-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

He certainly seems to, from public statements that he has made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
oh, so bad, that bad, all the setbacks it has had Princess Masako, but the prince supports her?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

She certainly takes after her dad. I hadn't noticed how strongly she resembles him before. Beautiful video of Masako here as well. Thank you very much namiey!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Courtier

I really like these little princess. She is so beatiful!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Aiko visited the exhibition entitled "Empress and her children"
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Aiko goes to see exhibit of grandmother
Courtesy of Jenee, TheRoyalForum
Old 12-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

Aiko turns 7

Nice photo
Princess Aiko Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion
Old 12-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

Here is a link to an article about her 7th birthday
Princess Aiko marks 7th birthday Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion
Old 12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Aiko happy birhday
www.myroyal.wordpress.com
Old 12-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Aiko happy birthday and lucky life...
Photos give glimpse of new generation of Japanese royals

HELLO! Photo gallery Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
We don't know exactly what her symptoms are because no-one has told us.
I can tell you what I heard on Japanese TV...on youtube:-)
that Princess Masako may burst into tears at the slightest things, she may show little interest in daily activities, feeling of loss, low self esteem, being unstable emotionally.

But this was from a couple years ago...so I hope she has progressed towards recovery since.

One thing I can say as a nurse though, that last thing people who suffers from mental illness need is, others telling them to "Snap out of it", or "Get a grip" etc. They really dont need that:-(
Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

"Little interest in daily things" sounds like depression, certainly. If she knows about the comments that have been directed toward her in various publications, I'm sure that has made recovery even more difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiko View Post
I can tell you what I heard on Japanese TV...on youtube:-)
that Princess Masako may burst into tears at the slightest things, she may show little interest in daily activities, feeling of loss, low self esteem, being unstable emotionally.

But this was from a couple years ago...so I hope she has progressed towards recovery since.

One thing I can say as a nurse though, that last thing people who suffers from mental illness need is, others telling them to "Snap out of it", or "Get a grip" etc. They really dont need that:-(
Old 12-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
If she knows about the comments that have been directed toward her in various publications, I'm sure that has made recovery even more difficult.
Yes...if we can simply "snap out of it" or "pull ourselves together", we then will have a very little mental illness in the world.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree completely. Like grief, those who've never suffered from disorders simply can't understand what it's like to have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiko View Post
Yes...if we can simply "snap out of it" or "pull ourselves together", we then will have a very little mental illness in the world.

Tags
aiko, princess aiko, princess toshi