The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Majesty

Happy birthday growing into a beautiful young woman. I love the Japanese royals have cats, we always see dogs. This one is adorable, their second one it seems.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
It is nice to see Princess Aiko's annual photos. A cat is a surprising element in a usual photoshoot.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Aiko looks like her mum! I love the photo, and hope she has a happy birthday.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I am happy to see this beautiful young girl, she became very pretty
Old 02-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Princess Aiko's shopping |unbelievableme| ru_royalty

The above post by unbelievableme contains photos of Princess Aiko shopping for St Valentine's Day in Ginza, Tokyo. The photos are informal.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM
Courtier

She's grown into a lovely young lady-always nice to see her!
Old 02-18-2017, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Princess Aiko's shopping |unbelievableme| ru_royalty

The above post by unbelievableme contains photos of Princess Aiko shopping for St Valentine's Day in Ginza, Tokyo. The photos are informal.
Thanks! I wish I didn't google translate the page though. Some comments were quite mean.

Princess Aiko participated in the "Hyakunin Special Meeting" at Gakushuin on February 13th. Competing in groups of 10, she collected about 40 pieces.
Source: page 4 of Sankei Imperial Weekly #474

I'm guessing it's Karuta or a similar game using the poems...
Old 02-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Commoner

I hope really one day she will be the Empress....I was so happy when she was born and she deserves the title...chances are slim but ...🙏
Old 02-23-2017, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Aiko's face is so thin! Neither of her parents have faces like that, and so I'm wondering if she hasn't fully recovered from the health problem that she had over the summer. Didn't she have something like a bad case of gastro-enteritis?
Old 02-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I hope really one day she will be the Empress....I was so happy when she was born and she deserves the title...chances are slim but ...🙏
Tbh I think she escaped it. She will be the only child of the Imperial couple, but I hope they give her a lot of space to enjoy life a bit, study what she loves and then do her duties as Princess.

@Mermaid1962: Yeah, she was already this very thin at the birthday photos of her mother. Hope she is alright

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Majesty

I agree... am sooo happy that precious child has escaped being Empress and having to deal with the IHA which swallowed up her mother CP Masako and seems to have broken her grandmother's spirit.

Aiko, like Gabriella in Monaco, will have the best of both worlds. Privilege, opportunities, wealth and most important of all real freedom to do what she wants.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-23-2017, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

I hope she's okay too. Unless she joins her parents in some event, the next time we'll officially see Aiko should be the high school entrance ceremony in April.
Quote:
An Imperial Household Agency spokesman said there was nothing special to announce about Aiko's health, but the Crown Prince touched on a period last autumn when Aiko was absent from school for some six weeks.

"For a time she was unwell, which caused some worry, but thanks to support from her mother, she has now returned to her usual school life," Naruhito said.
At the bottom of Japan's crown prince says will model himself after father as emperor | Reuters

I wish the press would leave her alone but that probably won't happen.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:37 AM
Royal Highness

Actually, we should see Aiko in March. I forgot the CP family usually goes to Nagano in March and the photo op at the junior high graduation ceremony.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:21 AM
Royal Highness

On the March 16th, Princess Aiko participated in a farewell gathering of Gakushuin’s graduates. Her junior high class performed a creative drama arranged from Disney works; she played cello.
page 4 of Sankei Imperial Weekly #478

From some Japanese twitter users, Aiko's junior high graduation ceremony is on March 22 and high school entrance ceremony is around April 6 or 10. [tweet 2]
Old 03-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
From some Japanese twitter users, Aiko's junior high graduation ceremony is on March 22 and high school entrance ceremony is around April 6 or 10. [tweet 2]
Is there a great level of interest in Aiko in Japan? ChiaraC mentioned one or two Princess Aiko fan pages, I believe.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

I’m not sure. I think interest naturally increased as she's older now and can attend more public events (and the IHA reveals too much sometimes). I only know of this Aiko fan site https://kaiserinta.wordpress.com/ but I’m not familiar with other popular sites/platforms in Japan. I try to avoid what looks like gossip and women's magazine sites.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like to speculate, but I'm worried about Aiko, though I know her parents will be there for her all the time.

I think Aiko, and many other Princesses, when they reach teen years they start to feel conscious about their appearances, start to have doubts about themselves, and mostly "hate" themselves. I'm not royal and I felt the same way, but for them is worse because millions of people are watching them all the time.
The dramatic change in Aiko's appearance in the last year was so fast, on an unhealthy way, as you can see here (you need to keep scrolling down):
https://kaiserinta.wordpress.com/201...3%a7%e3%83%b3/
And it's even more noticeable here:
https://kaiserinta.wordpress.com/201...1%86%ef%bc%81/
She lost a large amount of weight, she looks so fragile and thin. I hope she will overcome this all. Many people love her, me included. Be strong!
Old 03-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Aiko graduated from Gakushuin Junior High on March 22nd. The Crown Prince family arrived at the campus around 9:10am for photos and Princess Aiko thanked the media's "congratulations" and answered some questions. When asked about her impressions of junior high life, she responded "I was able to spend a pleasant three years with my teachers and my friends." (see English Asahi version below) [Mainichi 1]

In Photos: Princess Aiko graduates from junior high school - The Mainichi

Princess Aiko finishes junior high, reflects on Hiroshima trip: The Asahi Shimbun
Quote:
When reporters congratulated her at the main entrance to the school, Aiko, 15, responded, "I enjoyed the past three years because I was fortunate to have good teachers and friends."

The Imperial Household Agency also released a composition Aiko wrote for inclusion in the graduation anthology. She looked back on a school trip to Hiroshima in May 2016 and expressed her desire for the eventual abolition of nuclear weapons.

In the composition, Aiko wrote that when she stood before the iconic Atomic Bomb Dome she felt the suffering and chagrin of those who were affected by the Aug. 6, 1945, atomic bombing.

She also wrote about feeling anger and sadness when she visited the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum and learned about the vast number of people who died as a result of the bombing.

She also wrote about folding origami paper cranes with her friends and touched upon the two given to the museum by U.S. President Barack Obama when he visited in May 2016. She wrote that the large number of paper cranes on display was an expression of the same desire for peace held by those who left them.

"As Japanese born in the only nation to have the atomic bomb dropped on it, there is a need for us to widely transmit to the world what we have seen with our own eyes and felt," she wrote. "I pray that some day, in the not too distant future, a world without nuclear weapons will emerge and the 'Flame of Peace' in Hiroshima can be extinguished."

The Flame of Peace is a sculpture that has served as a symbol for nuclear abolition and is meant to stay alight "until the day when all such weapons shall have disappeared from the Earth," according to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park website.
Aiko's essay "Wishing for world peace" in full: Mainichi 2
Google translation

ETA: fixing translation and replacing Japanese articles with English versions
Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

Getty Images

Princess Aiko reported her graduation to Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko; she entered the Imperial Palace around 6pm and stayed for about 30 minutes.

Photos: Mainichi, Jiji

Princess Aiko graduates junior high | Nippon TV NEWS24 JAPAN
Old 03-22-2017, 09:28 PM
Courtier

i'm glad that she looks so much healthier and better than how frail and thin she looked at her last birthday photos .

Tags
aiko, princess aiko, princess toshi