The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Are there many girls in Japan who dress like Princess Aiko does? Or is this a type of "court" dressing? I suppose there's no way of knowing how she dresses when the cameras aren't around.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

As noted by some TRF members from Japan, all Japanese Princesses (Princess Mako, Princess Kako and Princess Aiko) usually wear more modern clothes in an informal setting. The formal clothing is a must for any official photo such as this one.
Princess Aiko is a lovely young lady. She seems to adjust to her school routine.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Princess Aiko playing basketball

(Following recent incidents, I would like to refer anybody who may think the emperors statement obvious or redundant to this thread, post #682.)
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Princess Aiko played the cello in a concert given by the Gakushuin school orchestra, I think the event took place today: 1 ** 2 ** 3

Video: Aiko 2001-2010

Recent Daily News article about her (with pics)

(Following recent incidents, I would like to refer anybody who may think the emperors statement obvious or redundant to this thread, post #682.)
Old 10-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Aiko had her school's athletic festival today, October 12, 2013, and has been watched by her proud parents

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **
Old 12-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Aiko turns 12 today, December 1!

Some lovely pics and video scenes from November 17 have therefore been released!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** mainichi.jp: Princess Aiko turns 12, studies history with father **

Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 AM
Courtier

More photos from hellomagazine

Aiko Princess Toshi of Japan celebrates her 12th birthday - Photo 1 | Celebrity news in hellomagazine.com
Old 12-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

IMPERIAL FAMILY WATCH: Princess Aiko just a girl like any other
December 06, 2013
Quote:
Princess Aiko, the only daughter of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, is often portrayed in the media as an unsmiling young girl who shows little emotion. But actually, she is just like any child of her age--often uncertain about how to react in front of a large group of strangers. That is probably how the 12-year-old views the throng of reporters and photographers who cover the imperial family.

A recent example of the many emotions that Aiko is capable of displaying came on Oct. 12 during a school athletic meet at Gakushuin Primary School, located in Tokyo's Shinjuku Ward. [...]

Because of her height and slender legs, Aiko was not difficult to pick out of the crowd of 120 sixth-graders.
The first form created was the "cactus," in which one student stands on the knees of another while being supported by the student below. Aiko had a serious expression as she put strength into her arms to hold up her partner. [...]

The last form for the sixth-graders was creating a large pyramid. The students had practiced that form since the first term. Aiko was not only at the bottom layer of the seven-layered pyramid, she was also dead center of the structure. Aiko was on her hands and knees on the ground as her classmates created the pyramid on top of her. The pyramid was completed when the last student climbed to the top and stood up with both hands raised. [...]

In April, a concert was staged at an auditorium in Tokyo's Mejiro district. Current and past students of the various Gakushuin schools took part. Aiko played the cello in the primary school orchestra. Her father, Naruhito, played the viola in the orchestra made up of Gakushuin alumni. The first joint music performance by father and daughter was widely reported in the media. Before the start of the performance, Aiko talked with friends. They laughed while pointing at something and Aiko seemed to scowl in a joking manner. However, when it came time for photographers to take photos, the smile vanished from Aiko's face. [...]

In September 2004, the Imperial Household Agency released a rare video of Aiko taken by Naruhito. It is highly unusual for imperial family members to release photos or videos of themselves in private, relaxing moments. Moreover, the video contained snippets of conversation and background noise that are not normally included in the images released every year to mark her birthday.

Imperial Household Agency officials said the video was released in response to speculative reports that had appeared in weekly magazines and the foreign media concerning Aiko's development. [There had been speculations about the little girls alleged "autism".] Masako was deeply distressed by the coverage. One former aide to the crown prince's household reflected back on that time, saying, "I believe that represented a 'scream' on the part of the couple wanting to show the true side of Aiko."

Old 03-18-2014, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Aiko, accompanied by her parents Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, attended her graduation ceremony at the Gakushuin Primary School in Tokyo on March 18, 2014. Great to see them that happy and proud!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** nhk.or.jp: Princess Aiko finishes primary school **
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Aiko complete primary school
La princesa Aiko termina la escuela primaria | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...les%2F&act=url
Old 03-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

It's great to see these family pictures and know that Princess Aiko will be heading to--I suppose--the Japanese equivalent of junior high school next term. I love CP Masako's suit as well. Beautiful detailing around the collar. I'm just wondering: do most 12-year-old girls wear ankle-socks in Japan? Girls usually seem to wear tights/hose in most places.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I find it interesting that Japanese children have graduation ceremonies when they finish primary school. In the UK, we usually have some sort of prize giving event for children of Aiko's age, and the children are allowed to bring in an old shirt and get their classmates, friends and teachers to sign it for them. At my primary school, I was given a little book in which those who wanted to could fill their names in it, a dictionary and trophy. (Although we had to return the trophy after a year.)

I don't normally post in the Japanese threads, but I enjoyed looking at the photos of Aiko and her parents. They look to be enjoying themselves.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hlsingland and Gstrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to see Crown Princely couple attending Princess Aiko's graduation ceremony.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Another big day for Princess Aiko: Accompanied by her parents Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako she attended her entrance ceremony at the Gakushuin Girls' Junior High School in Tokyo today, April 6, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** mainichi.jp: Princess Aiko enrolls at Gakushuin junior high school **
Old 04-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

Her parents are immensly proud of her...she us their apple of their eyes. I am so glad to see the Crown Princess becoming more confident in public. She is the perfect role model for her daughter
Old 04-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Can someone explain something to me?

Where on earth has the time gone!?! I mean, wasn't she this adorable little girl only yesterday? Sigh!! :)
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Gentry

Wow Princess Aiko seems to have grown a lot recently! Although she continues an lovely girl . I hope that she has sucess in this new stage of her life.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's cute that the three of them are dressed in navy blue. The detail on CP Masako's suit is exquisite. Is the "sailor" dress a school uniform?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think it's cute that the three of them are dressed in navy blue. The detail on CP Masako's suit is exquisite. Is the "sailor" dress a school uniform?
I think it must be as the photos of her graduation from the junior school shows her wearing the sailor dress but with a different coloured tie.

Tags
aiko, princess aiko, princess toshi