The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-khanz
Masako is a smart, strong, and lovely woman. Unfortunately sha have to face such a hard problems that made her depressed. I believe that she used to try, and will always try, to do and to give the best of her to the Imperial Family, the country and its people, and to her loving and caring husband and daughter.
Masako is like a pearl and I just can't stop hoping that someday she will shine on and get happiness she and her family deserve.
I agree with your sentiments.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I hope she could be able to forget all the awful stress she must endure only some month ago. It could be very dufficult to be a Crown Princess nowadays.

Vanesa.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I'm not at all a "modern" woman in the way that people generally uses the word "modern", but I think a future Empress and his husband should have more freedom than they have to go here and there if they want to. If they are not doing immoral things, nor acting badly...What's the matter of going to sky, or to beach ressorts? I can't understand...

Vanesa.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
I'm not at all a "modern" woman in the way that people generally uses the word "modern", but I think a future Empress and his husband should have more freedom than they have to go here and there if they want to. If they are not doing immoral things, nor acting badly...What's the matter of going to sky, or to beach ressorts? I can't understand...

Vanesa.
I'm sorry...what is your definition of modern?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think if you read Vanesa's posts, she's often arguing that tradition is important and that the monarchy doesn't necessarily have to change to keep up with the times just for the sake of change.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think if you read Vanesa's posts, she's often arguing that tradition is important and that the monarchy doesn't necessarily have to change to keep up with the times just for the sake of change.
Yesterday, I wanted to answer, but my PC was crazy and wouldn't alow me to write anything...I'be been told it's the server...

Well, anyway. Elspeth sumed up my points of view quite accurately, but I wanted to add something more. The concept of "modernity" (for me) has less to do with new things and changes than with the lack of good values for the sake of the change for the change in itself. The dictionnary will define "modern" as somethng "new". For me "modern" , if the word is related to civilization, history or politics, means another very different thing.

I'm a modern person in the sense I can write in a PC, had hot water in my tub when I want to, have my quotidian work terribily simplied by washing machines and so on, and if I get ill, medicine is much more avanced to treat me than in other times. But I believe in something called "eternal values" what I believe,(it's a personal tought that I don't asking you to share) are eternal. I'm not defending submission, nor arbitrary authority, nor any kind of abuse, but these are deformation that could exist in any moment of the history if corruption and bad people begins to have acces to political power. I will resume in some sentences what I do not like of "modernity" and what I like of "traditional life". And I do not return to the issue since it is a thread about Emperor Naruhito, not about me...but if you asked, Scooter, I can't let you without a personal answer.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT MODERNITY: Divorce (I think divorce is necessary in some special cases. But nowadays, people marries and after a five years they gets tired of each other or discussion over minor things make them to part away. I always laugh when some "modern" people of these days gets amazed when a person saids she (or he) is married since 10 years ago!!! And my great-granny was more than 60 years married to the same man. Both of them loved deeple). Abortion.Promiscuity (having a lot of boy friends or girl friends is considered fine) Drugs (people often defends persons who are adicted to drugs, but will prosecute a poor man who smokes or drinks a little glass of wine) No religion (having religious convictions could made that people laughs aloud of your "fanaticism") No patriotism (a patriot is a monster , a "nazi") Eating global food, hearing global music, reading global books and understanding politics in a global way. Being more worried about balleins being exterminated, but showing little care for people whithout work or roof who could live beside your own house. Apology of competitve and very, very, very busy life not having time for your family and friends. Selfishness. Consumism. Women against men and men against women seeking to show "who is better than the other" when both genders are equally good. Little children send to school when they can barely walk when family is so important until the toddler would have at least 4 or 5 years old to go there. Family must educate toddlers, not the State. Women dieting until we can see their bones through the skin. Women and men eating "healthy" for ancient food was "greasy" , "loud" and "unhealthy". Women speaking every single day about questions of "gender". Families of a "single parent" or not family at all. Econommic carees inestead of humanistic ones. Over valorization of sports. Women who said they are "strong" and "independent" and when they become ill or broke a nail, become hysterical, when our grannies were more strong tham Jean Claude Van Damme and never complained, not for they were stupid or "submissive", but for they tought that a person must try to do the happiness of their families and friends- Cesarean nor to having to suffer "so much" when giving birth. Too much sensibility for stupid things and a great coldness to important ones. Marathons against AIDS or another disease (we knows that this doesn't health any of these, not help scientist to find a solution to these diseases). A global way to read history, politics and socio-cultural problems , when every single country must have the choice of what wants they do with them. And a lot of other things it will be unnecessary to quote here.

THINGS "MODERN" I DON'T LIKE ABOUT ROYALTY: KIngs and Queens without politic power. Too many commoners marrying Crwonprinces and Princesses (I do not say this must be forbidden, but when every single noble marries a commoner, it's another story). Commoner princesses who where previously divorced or have a life related to scandals. Promiscuous princes who doesn't settle down and haves a child in every country of the world (It's an exageration, of course). Monarchs and Princes whose activities are reduced to read beatiful speeches written by others, with an unsure voice. Royals going to Africa to cry over starved people, forgetting their own citizens, whose problems are becoming greater every day...(Yes there are homeless in Europe, and of course people who needs to find a job). Frivolity. Having dozens of lovers previously marrying...if they marrries at all. Royal Princes having a girl friend or a boy friend, having more than 35 and not wanting to marry. Royals studying marketing and commercial and economic stuff inestead of history, music, litterature and of course (POLITICS!!!). Royals working in commercial enterprises. Royals being vulgar and bad behaved. Royals being agressive toward journalists. Royals hiding from their people and getting their photos to themselves and crying out "they need privacy" when they are not private figures. Royals having a single child not for they are ill or can't do it but for selfishness or for they married so late that it isn't possible to have more than a child.Royals not being aware they are symbols for their people. Royals imitating rock stars in their way of life, eating, dress, etc. Vicious Royals- Hysterical and showing up Royals. Royals who complains about "how much work they have" not thinking how much commoners must to work too..And I can go on...

Of course, you must disagree about all this. But this is what I mean when I say "modern" in Royal threads. And don't be wrong: I do like good changes. My continuous repetiton here is that IF Japanese people doesn't want to change succesion laws, it's their problem. I'm not saying that women must not reing. In fact, Republican governements when they appeared in the world forbade women to be president for they were "too emotional". Before Benazir Bhutto and Margaret Thatcher, there were excellent rulers like Marie-Thérèse of Austria, Cataherine of Russia, Elizabeth I , and a lot more.

Vanesa.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Nobility

Don't your think that we are seeing more of Masako in public duty ever since Hisahito is born? In my opinion, it is either that

1) the pressure been lifted off Masako's shoulder to produce a heir thus her medical condition improved; or

2) IHA loosen their restriction on Masako's movement since a heir is already secured. Actually I am quite suspicious on how true actually is Masako's medical condition. Is it really as serious as it make out to be until she could not even step out her palace or it is simply an excuse to keep her in the palace to produce a heir?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm
Don't your think that we are seeing more of Masako in public duty ever since Hisahito is born? In my opinion, it is either that

1) the pressure been lifted off Masako's shoulder to produce a heir thus her medical condition improved; or

2) IHA loosen their restriction on Masako's movement since a heir is already secured. Actually I am quite suspicious on how true actually is Masako's medical condition. Is it really as serious as it make out to be until she could not even step out her palace or it is simply an excuse to keep her in the palace to produce a heir?
All three reasons could be correct. But the important thing here is that she seems not to be stressed any more (at least is what she is showing, but one never knows), and her face showns with happyness. Hope the current stuation would keep for longtime.

Vanesa.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
All three reasons could be correct. But the important thing here is that she seems not to be stressed any more (at least is what she is showing, but one never knows), and her face showns with happyness. Hope the current stuation would keep for longtime.

Vanesa.
I agree with you. The important is that she feel happy and not to be stressed or depressed anymore. Look on her latest picture, I think she look happy and fresh. With such a caring husband and lovely daughter on her side, she deserve happiness in her life.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm

I think we r seeing more of her because the pressure has been lifted of her and she is more relaxed as a result. I believe sadly that her condition is true and that she didn't suffer some sort of breakdown; the way she has been treated by the IHA is disgusting IMO.

Good to see her out and about; looking healthy and happy.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

i'm surprised evil IHA gave permission to the prince to have surgery, they've proved over and over they don't care about the empress or masakos health (i guess the prince is different not being "common").
scooter, i believe masako has been locked in her room if not literally, pretty dang close her whole marriage and the IHA are too stupid and paranoid and determined to "keep them in their place" to let the couple have a good life.
i'm glad the prince is ok and gone home, i wish masako could be treated and healthy as easily.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I don't like IHA, either, but don't be paranoid over it...I don't believe they wouldn't allow the Prince to undergo a surgery and much less to keep his wife far from him in those hard moments for the Imperial Family...What could have given you this idea? I don't think I read it anywhere.

Vanesa.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

the IHA is evil through and through,only one purpose they pursue-to hold on to their power- i wouldn't put anything past them. i've said it before and i'll say it again they have brought shame and ridicule upon the royal family (i personally have total contempt for IHA and think less of Japan because of it) and all of the grey men should do their country a favor and commit mass harikari.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, OK, I can sort of tell that you don't like them, but don't let's get into wishing death on them. There are less bloodthirsty ways to go about reform.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Well, OK, I can sort of tell that you don't like them, but don't let's get into wishing death on them. There are less bloodthirsty ways to go about reform.
Yep. I was thinking exactly this...But I don't understand exactly why, if IHA is so evil, people doesn't proteste massively against it...Evil thinks are always rejected by peoples of the world. At first, negative things could not be showing so easily, but when injustice pops out, people reject it. What's happening with Jaoanese people who tolerates so openly a so unjuste, evil and nasty institution? It could be that they...likes it? And the Imperial Family? Could them be so masochistic that never complains about IHA?

Vanesa.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy
Picture of the Month Representative – Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I agree that that there are less bloody ways for change. However, sometimes a little force is needed to get it going, and ritual suicide is not one of them, or at the very least the last resort.

At the moment, only time will tell if change will happen or not. I'm still hoping that the debate will be brought back to the table, at the very least.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's stressed princess still needs time to recover
Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito said Friday his stressed wife Masako was still too weak to make official trips abroad after years of treatment for the former career diplomat. "She is still in the middle of recovery... and I have heard (from her doctor) she still needs time to be able to visit a foreign country," Naruhito told reporters at the Togu Palace where the couple lives.
"Masako appreciates people's expectations ... but please watch her from a long-term viewpoint," he said.
The prince met the press ahead of a week-long trip to Mongolia from Tuesday to mark the 35th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties........
Japan's stressed princess still needs time to recover - Yahoo! News
Old 07-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

i feel so sorry for Masako, she married for love and then became a hostage to the evil IHA. i was hoping she was doing better because she has looked so much happier and relaxed, i guess the evil "grey men" are still causeing her heartbreak behind the scenes. if i were her they wouldn't let me leave the country because i WOULDN'T come back, i'd ask for political asylum with the excuse of mental torture. poor lady the way she's been treated i'm afraid i'd be in bed in a fetal position. am i the only one who feels sad and helpless that this poor tortured soul is being treated so shabbily. she's gorgeous and smart and one of the best educated royal women and yet they keep her locked up and out of view (so they say for her sake) i believe it's because they know she's smarter than all the IHA combined and they are afraid of anybody that won't be their doormat, so they muzzle her and browbeat her and hold her hostage to keep her in "her place" under their feet and broken.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

I've said previously that I think the IHA is on a "power trip" in regards to Masako, and that the tension between them (and those outside the IHA who support them) and Naruhito has made for a very hard stuation for her ever since her marriage. It's really a pity that such an educated and attractive woman is not allowed more of a role in society. Maybe with time the situation will change for her. I hope it will before her health and emotions are seriously damaged by all the stress.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

masaso looks beautiful i love her real smile with the deep dimples. the whole bowing thing sets my teeth on edge but it shows the deep love of her husband i suppose a kiss and hug aren't appropriate.

"preaching to the choir here" (TX adage: you don't have to convince me) scooter. i'm with you, aside from a feeble attempt to defend his wife years ago (which he followed up with a cop-out apology) he just jumps to IHA's tune. i accept i don't understand the culture difference but it certainly doesn't gain my respect or affection. i guess it's up to the japanese people to get tired of seeing this shaming of their royal princess and do something about the useless (evil) institution that is the IHA (lying about a womans health is so low) but she shows the world they are lying. love her and aiko.

Tags
adjustment disorder, crown princess masako, health problems, masako, princess masako