Crown Princess Masako Current Events Part 1: July 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't look 50 at all. Happy birthday!

A different sofa? What kind of crazy revolutionary talk is that?;) The Japanese monarchy, or rather the Imperial Household Agency, is not exactly known for change big or small. If it was good enough 50 (or 500 years) a go , by God, it's good enough now!:whistling:

Thanks for the updates!
Crown Princely family looked great. Crown Princess Masako appears to be happy.
It is nice to see the same room with the same sofa. The room is Japanese: understated, harmonious, and elegant. Unlike European rooms, it is not stuffed with silly trinkets and other things.

Last edited:
Lovely pics, great cushions! Nowadays people go to DFS for their sofas, order it on four years insterest free credit, wait 8 weeks for delivery, pay it off, realise the product is now naff and then go and buy buy another one and so the cycle continues. Japanese sofas were obioulsy built to last!!

And I feel bad that the dog is getting thrown into this, too! Poor pup is the family pet. ??

Oh, my, I was thinking the same thing about the pegboard wall! Maybe it's a do-it-yourself rec room. :D

she looks so fantastic at her birthday i wish her all the best...
sad crownprincess

:previous:Thank you for the videos on her, I hope her birthday is all she wants it to be. I so like her and feel for her..

:previous: Same here. She looks wonderful in what I assume is her birthday video, with the pastel scarf. Did she do an interview for her birthday this year?

:previous:

In the follwoing article you can find a few statements that have been released by the Imperial Household Agency:

** the-japan-news.com: Crown Princess Masako celebrates 51st birthday **

And here are the official birthday pics, as usual taken a bit earlier. On pic 2 they are looking at a book that was presented to them by King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima during their latest visit.

On her birthday, December 9, Crown Princess Masako visited Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace (pics 4&5).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

7 November 2015
TOKYO —
Preparation is under way for Crown Princess Masako to attend an imperial garden party next week for the first time in 12 years, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday.

If her attendance at the autumn party at the Akasaka Imperial Garden in Tokyo on Thursday is realized, it would be the first time she has done so since the agency announced in December 2003 that she would take a leave from official duties due to a stress-induced illness.

Kyoji Komachi, grand master of the Crown Prince’s Household, said Princess Masako would attend a portion of the biannual party only if her health condition allows.
Her attendance would be limited to the opening ceremony of the event, and it is not planned she would attend the portion where imperial family members greet guests, according to the agency.
Crown Princess Masako may attend garden party for 1st time in 12 years ? | Japan Today

Crown Princess Masako may attend an annual autumn garden party| Asahi
originally posted by unbelievableme on ru- royalty.livejournal.com

Last edited:
How nice that we see so often lately the Crown Princess Masako!!!!

Reports/photos/video for CP Masako's 53rd birthday on December 9th.

Photo Special: Crown Princess Masako turns 53 - The Mainichi

Crown princess turns 53, remembers being awed by emperor's message - The Mainichi

Crown Princess Masako turns 53, reflects on Emperor's abdication hopes | The Japan Times

HIH Crown Princess birthday press release 2016 - Imperial Household Agency
Google translation

Summary:
  • Concerns about damage caused by Kumamoto earthquake and typhoon No. 10
  • Condolences to the victims and their families
  • Recap of visits to Iwate, Chiba, Kyoto, Nara, Nagano, Gifu
  • Mentions of Emperor Jimmu's commemoration ceremony, Mountain Day, Japan's great performance at the Rio Olympics and Paralympics, Professor Yoshinori Osumi's Physiology Nobel Prize win
  • Thanking and praying for Emperor Akihito
  • Watching the Emperor's abdication message
  • Princess Aiko is recovering and fairly well. Apologies for worrying everyone
  • Prince Mikasa's passing

HIH Crown Princess birthday health report 2016 - Imperial Household Agency

Google translation

Mainichi, Asahi videos

From Sankei's caption, photos and video were taken on December 4th.

ETA: birthday visit to Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybMZJYqlgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAWm_2qG0jQ

Last edited:
CP Masako looks wonderful! :flowers: The translation of the press release shows a sensitive, caring heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom