Crown Princess Masako Current Events Part 1: July 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily said:
Mr. Owada is Masako's father and I think, they are visiting Masako's family home and not that of her grandfather. Please someone correct me if I am wrong -- but the outside of the house looks like Masako's family home.

You're right, Emily. I should have read the picture caption more closely. It does say Mr. Owada greeted them outside of his home.

Emily said:
Mr. Owada is Masako's father and I think, they are visiting Masako's family home and not that of her grandfather. Please someone correct me if I am wrong -- but the outside of the house looks like Masako's family home.
Actually...Masako's parents and her maternal grandparents just live across each other..I think Mr and Mrs. Owada live on the right side of the building and Masako's grandparents live on the left side of the building.
The crown prince family entered the left side of the building so I guess they are visiting their grandparents' place.

Japan’s first lady reveals infertility anguish
.......Akie Abe voiced sympathy for Crown Princess Masako, who has a four-year-old daughter, Princess Aiko, but has been under intense pressure to bear a male heir to the throne.
‘I think the crown princess had an unimaginably hard time due to the strong pressure, which is incomparable to us. But I guess Princess Aiko was a relief to her,’ she said.....
‘Some feel sorry for her (Masako) but I think she was relieved,’ Akie Abe said.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/theworld/2006/October/theworld_October399.xml&section=theworld&col=

A nice article. But I wonder why the almost automatic assumption is that it is the woman who is always infertile and not her partner?
I can't recall where I read it, but I did read somewhere that many Japanese men have low sperm counts or defective sperm. So why all the pressure on the women, when it is most likely their partner who is infertile? Or is Japan such a male dominated society that men simply cannot admit that they have the problem, instead of the women?
I'll bet Masako was indeed relieved when she became pregnant & gave birth to Aiko, it certainly put to rest the gossip, rumors, innuendo & speculation that she was the reason why she & Naruhito hadn't had any children until then.
:sad:

I think that Princess Masako must have undergone more than a physical anlyze. She must know that is she who is infertile.

I personally knows a couple who had infertility problem, and after some analyzes, the doctors found that it was him who was infertile. So, he took a medical treatment and now they are parents of a 13 years-old healthy boy. This couple is not very rich, but they could know quite quickly that the problem was on him. My personal thought is, that if Naruhito has some infertility problem the Imperial Family at least must know. Princess Masako has acces to very good physicians, to the more exclusive medical cares that could exist. Without mentioning that Japan is one of the countries more industrailizated of the world and must have the more modern treatments for almost all kind of diseases.

Vanesa.

Oh I am sure both Masako & Naruhito underwent extensive testing to find out why they weren't having any children.
But IMO, there is absolutely no way that the IHA would ever acknowledge that Naruhito was infertile, if indeed that was/is the case. Far better to let Masako take the blame and the heat from the public & media :mad:

wlee said:
Crown Princess Masako 'gaining confidence'

Daily Yomiuri Online - Nov 03 10:38 AM

Crown Princess Masako's doctors say she is feeling more confident after an official visit to Nara in late October, according to the Imperial Household Agency.

Thank you for this, wlee! I'm very happy to read this news! I hope the coming years will be easier for Masako - she can do much more! :flowers:

Infertile?? Don't they already have a child?

Maybe it's a problem of secondary infertility, when for one reason or another the couple cannot conceive a second child. I'm not terribly worried about this: they both seem perfectly happy with the little Princess (and who would not-she is quite possibly the most adorable female child royal in the world!:) )It's more important that Masako is feeling better and happier these days.

There is a new book out on Masako in Australia. Has anyone read it yet?
CM

Emmily said:
I'm interested in reading this book. Any ideas if it will cause problems for Maskako? I understand it says that she and Naruhito had discussed stepping down and living as commoners. Can't say that I blame them, but will this and any other revelations in the book make things more difficult for them with the IHA?

Unless Masako herself had a hand in giving out intimate information, I don't see the IHA making life more difficult for them...... it's not her fault someone wrote about her. Anyone who has read the book, please share. Thanks!

I would *love* to hear about this from someone who has read it. Don't know if Masako herself would be able, even indirectly, to comment to a non-Japanese journalist for publication in a book, but it would be very interesting to know what the book says, assuming it's decently done and not a rehash of gossip and innuendo. :mad: With the Crown Princess seemingly on an upswing in her health it would be great to see her taking a more active part in public life, and it would be shameful in the extreme if the IHA were to squash her back down.:unhappy:

Official photos released in celebration of Princess Masako's 43rd birthday.

Photos from Kunaicho
Photos from Polfoto and Yahoo

Happy 43rd Birthday!!!

Crown Princess Masako turns 43, taking pleasure in daughter's life
Crown Princess Masako, wife of Crown Prince Naruhito -- Emperor Akihito's eldest son -- marked her 43rd birthday on Saturday and said in a statement that it has been a "pleasure" to be involved in the life of their 5-year-old daughter, Princess Aiko, now a kindergartener.... In the statement issued ahead of her birthday, Crown Princess Masako said the 25 lectures she attended at the United Nations University in Tokyo since autumn 2005 provided "a meaningful opportunity to think over issues facing our society."​

The crown princess, who has visited children's facilities during the past year, added, "I feel it is important for us adults to join together so that children have hope for a bright future." Looking back on her two-week trip to the Netherlands in August, on which she was accompanied by her 46-year-old husband and her daughter, Crown Princess Masako said she was able to spend "a precious time in a relaxed manner."...........
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061208/kyodo/d8lssdho0.html

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the official pictures, mandyy, they are really nice! :flowers:

:) Happy Birthday to Crown Princess Masako! :)

Happy Birthday to CP Masako. Thanks for the pics mandyy, she looks wonderful. Very wonderful to see.

Happy birthday to Masako! She looks wonderfulin the official pictures, very relaxed and casual, very contented. Great to see her looking so well.:)

happy birthday to Princess Masako. I hope she'll get better and better each day. Wish her and her family all the best and be a happy family forever.

Weren't those pictures taken at the time of Aiko's birthday, though, and just some that had not been released now have been? I am also curious to know if anyone knows whether Yutaka Ono is a male or female name? I noticed that was the name of her psychiatrist and I have long been curious if she was being treated by a male or female doctor. Thanks for any help.

Separate duties must be considered for crown princess: agency chief

Crown Princess Masako's official duties must be considered separately from those of her husband Crown Prince Naruhito to take account of the likelihood that she will need more time to recover from a mental illness she has been suffering, the Imperial Household Agency chief said Thursday.....
http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/393406

I don't see what's supposed to be so new in this report about Masako and her husband having separate duties. He's been on foreign trips for years during his marriage and she hasn't been allowed to go along, so it's not as though it's something new that they're doing separate engagements.

.........Haketa expressed his intention to talk with the crown prince, 46, about the matter, possibly by the end of the month..........
Earlier this month, a team of doctors treating the crown princess said in a statement that it would take some time for her recovery as she sometimes "feels more tired than she thought and cannot act as easily as she wants to." Haketa stressed Thursday that the official duties Crown Princess Masako performed lately are only "transitional" and expressed concern that a public debate on the issue could lead to added pressure on her if it was perceived that she is not doing what she is supposed to do.
At past news conferences, Crown Prince Naruhito has referred to the need for a review of his wife's official duties and consideration of new ones that suit her interest and background as a former Foreign Ministry official.........
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061214/kyodo/d8m0hjh00.html

A very lovely video and how nice to see Masako smiling and happy. Even her eyes look happy!:flowers: This is really a treat to see. Thanks!

mandyy said:
.........Haketa expressed his intention to talk with the crown prince, 46, about the matter, possibly by the end of the month..........
Earlier this month, a team of doctors treating the crown princess said in a statement that it would take some time for her recovery as she sometimes "feels more tired than she thought and cannot act as easily as she wants to." Haketa stressed Thursday that the official duties Crown Princess Masako performed lately are only "transitional" and expressed concern that a public debate on the issue could lead to added pressure on her if it was perceived that she is not doing what she is supposed to do.
At past news conferences, Crown Prince Naruhito has referred to the need for a review of his wife's official duties and consideration of new ones that suit her interest and background as a former Foreign Ministry official.........
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061214/kyodo/d8m0hjh00.html

Interesting article thanx for the link. Its so sad that she hasn't fully recovered yet.

I STRONGLY agree with this part of the article

At past news conferences, Crown Prince Naruhito has referred to the need for a review of his wife's official duties and consideration of new ones that suit her interest and background as a former Foreign Ministry official.

Yes she needs to be doing something that involves her interests and expertise. She could do so much and yet she was just viewed as a baby making machine. I know that it is important for royals to have children, but the pressure she has been under, has been unbearable.

Yes!!! Masako is so smart and very talented. She needs to doing something which can give her chance to improve her talents. Besides, considering her educational and career background, she can represents her country very well and also be a good ambassador for Japan. They need to give her chance and stop pressured her to do something out of her control (having a son).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom